Author Topic: Doctor: “Kyrie could have a chronic shoulder issue”  (Read 10250 times)

Doctor: “Kyrie could have a chronic shoulder issue”
« on: December 07, 2019, 05:06:12 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Nets fans deserve this haha

https://nypost.com/2019/12/04/kyrie-irvings-shoulder-injury-seems-way-worse-than-expected/

Irving missed his 10th straight game Wednesday with what the Nets termed a shoulder impingement. He also has already been ruled out for Friday night’s game in Charlotte

Dr. Andrew S. Rokito, chief of shoulder surgery at NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital: “Impingement typically does not refer to an acute injury. [It] refers to more of a long-standing, chronic issue with the rotator cuff.

“He could have a rotator cuff injury which could be just tendinitis and inflammation all the way up to a partial tear. It’s unlikely a full tear. … In terms of time off, I can’t answer that question. It’s certainly conceivable if he really hurt his shoulder with an injury to the rotator cuff he may need few weeks.”

In layman’s terms, Subacromial impingement syndrome is the rotator cuff being compressed against the top of the shoulder blade. It’s a wear-and-tear issue that usually shows up in older athletes, worrisome since Irving is just 27 — and in the first season of a four-year deal.

“The diagnosis of impingement — and I’m not here to refute that in any way — is something someone have long-standing chronic rotator cuff pain, related to rotator cuff issue,” Dr. Rokito said, speaking in general terms about the diagnosis.

“It’s typically not an acute problem. Impingement is a long-standing chronic issue. It’s not a diagnosis one typically associates with an acute injury, and it’s not one typically associated with younger athletes in their 20s; it’s usually older, starting in the 40s, late 30s.”

Irving hasn’t talked to the press since Nov. 14 in Denver, so it’s unclear if he’s had an MRI exam, or a more accurate MRI arthrogram

Re: Doctor: “Kyrie could have a chronic shoulder issue”
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 05:27:15 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
After realizing he wasn't going to win much leading the Nets alone, he's sitting out this season to play with KD next season.

This is just my opinion/theory.

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 07:44:38 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Kinda reminds me of Fultz at this point

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 07:47:33 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
After realizing he wasn't going to win much leading the Nets alone, he's sitting out this season to play with KD next season.

I sounds very possible in today's NBA.

I cannot feel happy though for the misfortune of a fanbase when it is caused but an injury to a a player.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 07:53:10 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Scary. Hate seeing young players with serious injury issues.

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 07:54:18 AM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Sometimes the best resignings are the ones you don't make.

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 07:55:28 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619

Soon as they got off to that crap start I was thinking only matter of time before he has something to sit season out with.

He'll be great with KD because Kyrie is definitely a sidekick whether he agrees or not.
ok fine

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 07:57:43 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
 8)

This. The Nets are playing better without him.

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 08:14:33 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Very lucky he didnt sign him long term him..or maybe he dont want to play till Durant comes back..dude is a headcase
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2019, 08:16:36 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
i did no research , but i was thinking he has had shoulder issU s before .

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2019, 08:17:33 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Very lucky he didnt sign him long term him..or maybe he dont want to play till Durant comes back..dude is a headcase

you could be right on both accounts

and just like what happened at Boston ,  he is gone for so long , when he returns ,  the team chemistry is broke.   Everybody will defer to him and the chemistry is down the tubes.    It will be the same with KD, anything the team builds will be shot down , and replaced with a two,man ball game of Kyrie and KD .
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 08:41:19 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2019, 08:48:30 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I was always worried more about his injury history than his leadership/fit. Turned out I should have been on red alert on both counts!

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2019, 09:30:50 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I was always worried more about his injury history than his leadership/fit. Turned out I should have been on red alert on both counts!

would be the third year in a row he has missed games due to injury.

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2019, 10:08:38 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I've had rotator cuff surgery and no way in hell is it "chronic".  Its a simple operation and fixes you up for life.  I'm no bb player but I think I was 100% in a matter of a few weeks.

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2019, 10:17:15 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
good for nets?

they are now at 12 wins and 10 loses. 9-3 without kyrie in the lineup, and 3-7 with him.   ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva