Author Topic: You are Sacramento's GM, what is the best deal for Cousins?  (Read 9672 times)

Re: You are Sacramento's GM, what is the best deal for Cousins?
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2016, 10:34:51 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
We wouldn't get out of the deal without losing Crowder- Bradley or Smart, plus fillers and draft picks.  Danny knows the Celtics can't go long term with IT, Bradley and Smart.  I think he's high on Rozier and Brown for the future.  I think he's aware of the impending money that Avery Bradley and IT will cost in the future. And I think he understands Smarts limitations.  I would be surprised to see all of our guards here past the trade deadline.

The team that I think is going to make a move for Cousins is Cleveland.  I don't think they are the dark horse.  I think if Cousins goes on the market, Cleveland will be formulating offers. Can you imagine Boogie with Lebron and Kyrie?  At that point, Boston might get lucky and work to be part of a 3 team deal.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2016, 10:49:08 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
We wouldn't get out of the deal without losing Crowder- Bradley or Smart, plus fillers and draft picks.  Danny knows the Celtics can't go long term with IT, Bradley and Smart.  I think he's high on Rozier and Brown for the future.  I think he's aware of the impending money that Avery Bradley and IT will cost in the future. And I think he understands Smarts limitations.  I would be surprised to see all of our guards here past the trade deadline.

The team that I think is going to make a move for Cousins is Cleveland.  I don't think they are the dark horse.  I think if Cousins goes on the market, Cleveland will be formulating offers. Can you imagine Boogie with Lebron and Kyrie?  At that point, Boston might get lucky and work to be part of a 3 team deal.

The Cavs will have to give up Kyrie.

« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2016, 11:21:01 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

The Cavs will have to give up Kyrie.

There's no way the Kings trade him to Cleveland without getting Irving (or Love+Thompson, and maybe even Frye included). Picks alone won't cut it for them.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2016, 11:31:43 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Just a thought (yes, I'm bored):

Would you include the rights to Yabusele in a deal for Cousins?

I was discussing with a friend, and obviously a Nets pick + some more would have to be included. We'd still keep Zizic and probably even ONE of Rozier or Smart in that case (likely Rozier unless Sacramento likes Rozier more than Smart).

What do you guys think?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2016, 11:55:21 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

I cannot see the Cleveland in play for Cousins, at all. Assuming they wouldn't move LeBron or Irving, Cavs have nobody else that would make sense for Sacramento. Love is too expensive/old and Thompson is a severe downgrade from Cousins. They don't have any particularly good young talent, and they lack lottery picks.

Cleveland is not getting Cousins.
CELTICS 2024