Author Topic: What trade do you think Danny is working on?  (Read 29978 times)

Re: What trade do you think Danny is working on?
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2019, 12:47:13 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I have a really hard time evaluating Tacko.  His athleticism is probably the worst of any NBA player, but HE'S SO TALL, it's the results that count.  But, we are so used to looking at a center and judging whether he can switch on the pick and roll, whether he's got post moves, can he step out and hit the open J, etc..  You have to evaluate Tacko for what he does - as many said affects the game in different ways.  I'm honestly having a hard time doing that.  My eyeballs tell me he's a stiff, but that's just my limitations as an evaluator of HIS KIND of talent.

This is very well put. TP

He is not a stiff.  He is different and intelligent and changes the game.   This to me means he is a difference maker.  I think Yabusele is gone to make room for Taco.

Don't confuse academic smarts (he is maybe almost a genius), with BBIQ.

That being said I AM ALL IN ON TACKO BABY! YYYeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2019, 05:48:01 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
They should have enough cap room to sign Edwards and Tacko to multi-year deals

changed my mind keep Tacko on a 2 way and sign Faried, Selfosha or Jerebko.

« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2019, 06:24:19 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I believe an article mentioned that since Oklahoma is in firesale mode, a trade for Adams should not be too hard to pull off.  He would definitely solidify the paint and be a solid starter there.  Not a Horford but a rim protector and rebounder.

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2019, 09:34:37 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I do think Ainge is monitoring (or should be) the Bradley Beal situation.

Talk is the Wizards were going to offer Beal an extension but that has yet to happen. As the summer goes on, if the Wiz can't ink Beal, I think he'll be made available and I think Ainge would pounce.

A back-court of Kemba and Beal would be deadly.
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/07/latest-on-bradley-beal.html

I also think a caller on WEEI yesterday made an interesting point regarding Brown and Tatum. He said that he thinks the Celts should extend Brown and dangle Tatum in a trade (if necessary.) He also said that he thinks Brown is more apt to stay whereas Tatum has could be more likely to eyeball other teams as he gets closer to free agency.

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2019, 10:20:46 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Wiz won’t trade Beal w/out a godfather offer.

« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2019, 10:23:05 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I believe an article mentioned that since Oklahoma is in firesale mode, a trade for Adams should not be too hard to pull off.  He would definitely solidify the paint and be a solid starter there.  Not a Horford but a rim protector and rebounder.

It wouldn’t be difficult from the standpoint of meeting OKC’s demands, but which of Tatum, Brown and Smart do you want to deal for him? Because you can’t match salaries without them or Hayward.

« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2019, 10:42:22 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Well, I thought Ainge was the one with the "war chest" of assets to make any deal he wanted.

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2019, 10:46:43 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Adams is incredibly overpaid for what he brings to the table. He’d require trading multiple players or someone like Hayward to get. In Stevens system, he likely gets no more than 20-25 mins per game. The value just isn’t there. 

« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2019, 10:57:40 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Give 'em Tatum and it'll make them think.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2019, 01:43:45 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Brown, Hayward, 1st round pick for Beal and Bertans.  Works in the trade machine.

Celtics would improve their shooting.  Washington would get Hayward and a growing player in Brown plus another draft pick.  If Beal won't sign an extension this trade becomes more attractive for the Wizards.

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2019, 01:50:37 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

Talk is the Wizards were going to offer Beal an extension but that has yet to happen. As the summer goes on, if the Wiz can't ink Beal, I think he'll be made available and I think Ainge would pounce.

I also think a caller on WEEI yesterday made an interesting point regarding Brown and Tatum. He said that he thinks the Celts should extend Brown and dangle Tatum in a trade (if necessary.) He also said that he thinks Brown is more apt to stay whereas Tatum has could be more likely to eyeball other teams as he gets closer to free agency.

The "trade brown because of his contract" take drives me crazy. People do realize he's restricted right? We can match any offer made to him, and if the offer is truly more than we wnat to match you can pretty much always extract a pick (Like Malcolm Brogdon). If he's good enough tis season that someone wants to offer him a max then we will wnat too keep him.  Same goes with tatum.

And what is a the fascination with Beal? He's a two time all star (in the east) with no al nba appearances  who will be a free agent in two years. To match salaries its gona be lie Brown+Smart+pick. No.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 02:51:20 AM by keevsnick »

« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2019, 08:29:08 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

The "trade brown because of his contract" take drives me crazy. People do realize he's restricted right? We can match any offer made to him, and if the offer is truly more than we wnat to match you can pretty much always extract a pick (Like Malcolm Brogdon). If he's good enough tis season that someone wants to offer him a max then we will wnat too keep him.  Same goes with tatum.

And what is a the fascination with Beal? He's a two time all star (in the east) with no al nba appearances  who will be a free agent in two years. To match salaries its gona be lie Brown+Smart+pick. No.

Yeah, I like Beal, but I don't love him. Adding him to this current team isn't likely to make us any more of a contender than with Brown. Brown still has a decently high ceiling and is a two-way player on a team that needs as many defensive players as possible.

I don't think Brown is untouchable, though. Obviously he could be dealt in a deal for a bigger star - preferably a big. I also think Danny would gladly consider dealing him for one of the bigs from last year's draft (Ayton, Bagley, JJJ), as they have an extra two years of rookie contract left. None of this seems feasible, though, since Brown alone isn't worth a perennial All-Star or the young guys I mentioned. Just mentioning possibilities where Brown could be moved.

« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2019, 12:54:00 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Next time, read the post you're responding to before responding.

I didn't say anything about "trading Brown because of his contract." Actually, I'm mentioning the COMPLETE opposite. I simply mentioned a caller on WEEI saying that he thinks the Celts should extend Brown and Tatum would be the main trade chip in a potential deal (if there's a deal to be made.)

The caller referenced Tatum seems to be a little more of the "whichever way the wind blows" type of guy whereas Brown seems to be a little more headstrong.

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2019, 04:19:50 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Trading Beal doesn't solve their biggest problem, which is Wall's bloated contract.

Danny is "working on" the trade he will make during the season.  He is considering his options, seeing who steps up/who doesn't, and montoring the situation around the league.

With the trend toward Big Duo, C's duo is Walker/Hayward (both all-stars at various times, Tatum not yet) which is just not as good as many duos out there.  If that doesn't get it done, look for a mid-season move.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 04:28:56 PM by Surferdad »

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2019, 05:23:39 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
IMO, there isn't going to be a significant trade anytime soon. We probably only have one good pick and its value is uncertain, few teams are going to be willing to take Hayward's contract at this point, and I think the Celtics believe Tatum is too valuable to trade unless you're getting extraordinary value back.

This "trade for KAT and we'll absorb Wiggins' contract". They owe him $120+ million. Just as that contract is crippling to Minn, it would be crippling to us. There is no scenario where taking on his contract makes sense, and KAT is a flawed player. Giving up all of our picks and young players would be foolish. You'd plug one hole and open up 2 or 3 others.