Author Topic: Which Celtics Team Should have Won the Title?  (Read 9214 times)

Re: Which Celtics Team Should have Won the Title?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 10:23:00 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
how is it even a contest?  C's were up 3 games to 2 headed to LA with all the momentum, Perk goes down and chaos breaks lose.  Game 7 we lose by 4 points.  1 or 2 rebounds, a put-back, a single blocked shot changes the outcome of that series.  Honestly, a patented Perkins staredown could have changed the outcome of that series.

That is a loss that will keep die-hard fans up at night for years to come.
I agree, and I really don't want to turn this into yet another debate about that series BUT, that series was lost in Game 6.  As influential as Perk's injury was, I had no confidence going into Game 7 and apparently the team didn't either.

Well we came out firing to start the game and were up in the 4th with what 6 minutes left? I think we played with all the confidence in the world during game 7

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 12:08:42 AM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
how is it even a contest?  C's were up 3 games to 2 headed to LA with all the momentum, Perk goes down and chaos breaks lose. 

To me going away for the last 2 games being up 3-2 is about an even matchup.

Now in the reverse situation; being up 3-2 and going home for the last 2 games, that's a huge advantage; what we had in 2008 to close out the Lakers in game 6.

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 12:12:22 AM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I think it's the 09 Celtics, that team got off to such a crazy start it's sad they had to lose their best player toward the end.  

I'll have to agree this should have been a title year if not for the KG injury.  We still managed to pull off 62 wins that year with KG missing a good 20-25 games.

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 01:19:58 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
shoulda, woulda, coulda......champions don't use those words