Author Topic: Report: Gallinari signing with Celtics upon clearing waivers  (Read 17866 times)

Re: Report: Gallinari signing with Celtics upon clearing waivers
« Reply #180 on: July 01, 2022, 05:59:12 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Gallo averages 15.6 PPG for his career … Forum members want to call him a 12th man. 🤷‍♂️

Beyond silly isn't it

Is Gallo now the seconded tallest Celtic behind Kornet? The dude is just a really big strong dude.

« Reply #181 on: July 01, 2022, 06:01:58 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Gallo averages 15.6 PPG for his career … Forum members want to call him a 12th man. 🤷‍♂️

Beyond silly isn't it

In your opinion, Is he a better overall player than Grant Williams? I don’t think he is at this stage of his career. If that ends up being the case, he’s a 3rd string PF.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #182 on: July 01, 2022, 06:13:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Beyond silly isn't it

In your opinion, Is he a better overall player than Grant Williams? I don’t think he is at this stage of his career. If that ends up being the case, he’s a 3rd string PF.
If you ignore that both can play the 5, sure. This insistence on weird archaic positional definitions and then trying to guess who will play how much as a result is a bit of a waste of time. Gallo is a forward/big, same as Grant. We currently only have two bigs (who are good)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2022, 06:20:26 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Beyond silly isn't it

Gallo is better than Grant but luckily we have both.

Gallo is a big guy!

https://www.denverstiffs.com/2017/3/12/14905432/nikola-jokic-and-danilo-gallinari-are-starting-to-build-some-on-court-chemistry

« Reply #184 on: July 01, 2022, 06:21:45 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Beyond silly isn't it

If you ignore that both can play the 5, sure. This insistence on weird archaic positional definitions and then trying to guess who will play how much as a result is a bit of a waste of time. Gallo is a forward/big, same as Grant. We currently only have two bigs (who are good)

Gallo is a big now and he's huge compared to Grant. Is he 5 inches taller?

« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2022, 06:32:48 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Can someone post a photo of Gallo next to an NBA big to show how big he is?

https://www.clipsnation.com/2017/9/25/16363384/danilo-gallinari-thinks-clippers-have-best-frontcourt-in-the-nba

« Reply #186 on: July 01, 2022, 06:38:33 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

« Reply #187 on: July 01, 2022, 06:57:08 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Scratch Huerter from the list. Traded to kings

Kings acquire Kevin Huerter from Hawks for Justin Holiday, Mo Harkless, and future first round pick, per Woj.

So the Hawks have two Holidays now.
and they are piling up small forwards.  Is there any chance, any chance at all, Brad could shake loose DeAndre Hunter? Not sure we have the bullets left (1st round picks) but ATL just gave up a lot of them.  White/G-Will/pick(s) for DeAndre?

Not convinced De'Andre Hunter is worth that type of trade package. He is an interesting young player but he hasn't put it together to the extent I would pay that high of a price for him.

At this moment in time, I'm not even sure he is any better than Grant Williams is. Nevermind giving up Derrick White on top of that even without picks.

I believe we'd be better off sticking with G Will and D White over trading for D Hunter.

« Reply #188 on: July 01, 2022, 07:07:20 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Beyond silly isn't it

So we should expect to see Gallo and Grant covering Embiid, Brook Lopez, Vucevic, Capella, etc? That would be a joke. Might as well put Smart out there at the 5 then. He’d probably have a better chance.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #189 on: July 01, 2022, 07:10:05 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

« Reply #190 on: July 01, 2022, 07:10:20 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Beyond silly isn't it

So we should expect to see Gallo and Grant covering Embiid, Brook Lopez, Vucevic, Capella, etc? That would be a joke. Might as well put Smart out there at the 5 then.
Yep, that’s totally what I said :)

« Reply #191 on: July 01, 2022, 07:29:55 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Beyond silly isn't it

So we should expect to see Gallo and Grant covering Embiid, Brook Lopez, Vucevic, Capella, etc? That would be a joke. Might as well put Smart out there at the 5 then.

You said he can play the 5, those are some of the centers he’d be matching up against in the East. Don’t know about you, but I’d rather not see that.

« Reply #192 on: July 01, 2022, 07:32:41 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Beyond silly isn't it

You said he can play the 5, those are some of the centers he’d be matching up against in the East. Don’t know about you, but I’d rather not see that.

They have to out to the 3 point line to guard him.

« Reply #193 on: July 01, 2022, 07:33:13 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Beyond silly isn't it

Why would he be playing on starting bigs?

Of the C3’s in the Eastern depth charts, who offer significant problems for Grant / Gallo?

« Reply #194 on: July 01, 2022, 08:14:41 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Beyond silly isn't it

Why would he be playing on starting bigs?

Of the C3’s in the Eastern depth charts, who offer significant problems for Grant / Gallo?

I don’t know, man. 3rd stringers don’t play.