Author Topic: Opportunity over the next 9 games, starting Fri @ Cavs  (Read 1390 times)

Opportunity over the next 9 games, starting Fri @ Cavs
« on: November 28, 2018, 07:05:21 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
So we may have found a starting lineup that works atm, and over the next 9 games we play:

-Cleveland, @Minny, NYK, @Chicago, NO, @Wash, ATL, @Detroit, Phoenix.

Only 2 of those 9 teams have a positive point differential: NO at +0.6 and Detroit at +1.1 net.

We're 11-10 now with a +2.8 point differential.  I know it's optimistic, but we could go 7-2 over these 9 games if all goes well, and improve to 18-12 over the next 3 weeks. 

What's more, we'll certainly pass Detroit in this time span and move into 5th, and 2 of our pick teams, Sacto and Memphis, have tough schedules and should return to earth. 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Re: Opportunity over the next 9 games, starting Fri @ Cavs
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 07:28:21 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I hope you're right, but this quality stretch was supposed to begin just after the Toronto game (which we ironically won) against Utah. In the 'Time to Panic' thread, I mentioned that it would be appropriate to do so if we hovered at around .500 over those 15 games. So far, we are 2-4.

I definitely do think there will be some reason for optimism if we do go 7-2 over this next stretch. That would bring us to a total of 9-6 - not all that impressive, but would finish us off at 8-2 over the last 10 games. If we continue to stagger, then it will only be a matter of time before DA makes a move. These are games we need to win to have any chance of competing in the EC.

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 07:59:33 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I hope you're right, but this quality stretch was supposed to begin just after the Toronto game (which we ironically won) against Utah. In the 'Time to Panic' thread, I mentioned that it would be appropriate to do so if we hovered at around .500 over those 15 games. So far, we are 2-4.

I definitely do think there will be some reason for optimism if we do go 7-2 over this next stretch. That would bring us to a total of 9-6 - not all that impressive, but would finish us off at 8-2 over the last 10 games. If we continue to stagger, then it will only be a matter of time before DA makes a move. These are games we need to win to have any chance of competing in the EC.

Absolutely. Our 9 games are infinitely easier than the 7 quality teams the Pistons play in their next 9 or so games, and ours are easier than Indy's & Philly's next 9 as well. 

This is the time. These are 3 teams we need to make up ground on- if not now, when?
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 04:15:45 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I hate watching Tristan Thompson grab rebound after rebound every time he plays us.  I hope the Celtics let Baynes body him up all game.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 04:53:23 PM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
As we all wait for the Celtics to find some consistency and cohesion, we have also reached a part of the season where teams with little or no playoff hopes begin to spin their wheels. We know Brad won't let up on the Celtics and his task may be easier than some other coaches who have less to motivate their players with. I know they are all pros and should give 100% every game but we also know the NBA, tanking and how temperamental some players can be.

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 05:52:18 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361

Absolutely. Our 9 games are infinitely easier than the 7 quality teams the Pistons play in their next 9 or so games, and ours are easier than Indy's & Philly's next 9 as well. 

This is the time. These are 3 teams we need to make up ground on- if not now, when?

The team better be cognizant of this opportunity and take advantage of it. My fear is that they will look at the schedule and say "oh look we're playing scrubs for the next 9 games we'll beat these guys blindfolded" and fall back into their bad habits.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 05:54:40 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
This stretch will certainly show some things.

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 09:35:30 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Maybe the secret plan all along was to make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed, and start upsetting the top 4 seeds in the East and beat the Warriors in the NBA Finals as a 7 or 8 seed.

;D ;D ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 10:27:41 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Was nice to get a west coast trip out of the way early. Long season, schedule balances out over the course of it. Gotta trounce a few of these teams coming up and get on a roll.

Would be nice to rattle off a nice streak and be like 30-15 or better.
CELTICS 2024