Author Topic: Turnovers on Travel Calls  (Read 1969 times)

Re: Turnovers on Travel Calls
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 12:38:25 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Fafnir, on a related point, I always felt the euro-step is a travel.  You can't take 3 steps even if in the act of shooting.  Can someone convince me otherwise?

The change of direction of the eurostep shouldn't be allowed in my opinion also.

As long as the eurostep is 2 steps which it is most of the times me it’s fine with me.

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 12:51:27 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Does a dribble begin when the ball leaves the hand or when the ball touches the court?

(And does a dribble end when it leaves the court or when it reaches the hand again?)

You have obvious travels/shuffling of the feet like Yabusele, but so far, it definitely seems to be when the ball touches the court - there have been way too many calls on seemingly fundamentally solid moves.

People may have wanted traveling addressed in the NBA, but this isn't what they had in mind. As mentioned, it's the 3-4 steps guys like Lebron, Giannis, etc get away with taking the ball to the hoop.

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 02:04:49 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Fafnir, on a related point, I always felt the euro-step is a travel.  You can't take 3 steps even if in the act of shooting.  Can someone convince me otherwise?
Euro-step is just a change of direction, its still just two steps so I don't see why you think its a travel.

If you're talking about how players take their first big step as they gather and then they take two steps allowed prior to shooting/passing, that's something different not reallly euro-step related.

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2017, 02:07:55 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Does a dribble begin when the ball leaves the hand or when the ball touches the court?

(And does a dribble end when it leaves the court or when it reaches the hand again?)
Begins when it leaves the hand, ends when you control the ball on the gather. (or shoot)

https://turnernbahangtime.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/official-nba-rule-book-2015-16.pdf

page 17 defines what a dribble is.