Author Topic: 2014 draft: If we have the 7th and 22nd pick who would you choose?  (Read 12809 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Say draft day Embiid, Parker, Wiggins, Smart, Randle, Exum are gone. We have the 7th pick. From these potential prospects, who would you choose

Gordon
Hood
Saric
Grant
Ennis
Harris
Vonleh
GR3
Young

With the 22nd pick. From these potential prospects, who would you choose

TJ Warren
Vasilje Micic
Montrezl Harrell
Cauley Stein
Doug Mcdermott
Markel Brown
Sam Dekker
Chris Walker
Wayne Selden
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 11:31:51 PM by triboy16f »

Re: 2014 draft: If we have the 7th and 22nd pick who would you choose?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 11:17:30 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
7th pick?

James Young.

22nd?

Glenn Robinson III or Aaron Gordon if available. But I'd really want to gamble on LeBryan Nash. Physically, he's NBA level. Size and speed, he has it. According to DraftExpress, he has quick first step too. His midrange game is solid, don't know about his range, but it tells that he can shoot. Brad can make him a 3 and D guy off the bench
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 11:18:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Hood

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 11:32:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
7th pick?

James Young.

22nd?

Glenn Robinson III or Aaron Gordon if available. But I'd really want to gamble on LeBryan Nash. Physically, he's NBA level. Size and speed, he has it. According to DraftExpress, he has quick first step too. His midrange game is solid, don't know about his range, but it tells that he can shoot. Brad can make him a 3 and D guy off the bench

Gordon and GR3 won't be avail at 22nd imo. If they are this is going to be a ridiculous draft

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 11:34:09 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
7th pick?

James Young.

22nd?

gotta take a chance on LeBryant Nash, he is a combination of LeBron, Kobe AND Nash :D

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 11:37:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
7th pick?

James Young.

22nd?

gotta take a chance on LeBryant Nash, he is a combination of LeBron, Kobe AND Nash :D

lol. Nash has been inconsistent. Disappears from quarter to quarter, game to game. He has the physical tools and skills. Right now mocks have him going in the 2nd round.  Definitely would be a risky pick at 22nd. 

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 11:41:07 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
7th pick?

James Young.

22nd?

lol. Nash has been inconsistent. Disappears from quarter to quarter, game to game. He has the physical tools and skills. Right now considered a 2nd round bound.  Definitely would be a risky pick at 22nd.

Indeed a high risk - high reward pick. But as DraftExpress said, it's rare to find an athlete with that size, strength and quickness. There are something there to be worked with. It's just a matter putting him in the right situation and the right coaching.

If Jordan Crawford revived his career, I think Nash can excel here. I'm just fascinated by his physical tools and he's actually skilled too.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 11:41:27 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Vonleh and Selden/Warren.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 11:47:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
7th pick?

James Young.

22nd?

lol. Nash has been inconsistent. Disappears from quarter to quarter, game to game. He has the physical tools and skills. Right now considered a 2nd round bound.  Definitely would be a risky pick at 22nd.

Indeed a high risk - high reward pick. But as DraftExpress said, it's rare to find an athlete with that size, strength and quickness. There are something there to be worked with. It's just a matter putting him in the right situation and the right coaching.

If Jordan Crawford revived his career, I think Nash can excel here. I'm just fascinated by his physical tools and he's actually skilled too.

You make a good pt. Definitely a player i can see Danny reaching for. Chris Walker is another guy. Walker is a little bit of a tweener, but with his athleticism and quickness could guard SFs on the defensive end and overmatch physically in the offensive end

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 12:26:35 AM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Zach Lavine and Chris Walker ..

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2014, 12:31:34 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Vonleh and Selden
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2014, 12:36:39 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'd draft myself.

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 01:02:15 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Zach Lavine and Chris Walker ..

id be surprised if lavine declares. has a body still of a hs kid.

walker should declare though.

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2014, 01:05:10 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Nice question...
I think Aaron Gordon will rise as a prospect once you put him next to guys in workouts. Assuming so, the odd man out of that group could actually be Randle if teams draft guard heavy or Smart/Exum if they go big. Any of these players would be a steal at 7.

At 22 TJ Warren or Montrezl Harrel both offer skill sets that are lacking on this team. One's a slow deliberate scorer and would be the most athletic big on our team by a mile. I'd also consider taking a flier on Chris Walker although I generally try to avoid players who have an over inflated opinion of themselves.

In Danny I trust though.  8)

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2014, 01:12:25 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Saric and Warren.

I really like Warren's game but I think he will probably get drafted around 12th or so now.  He is scoring too well and he has such great size for the 2/3.

I really think Saric will be legit and we can stash him for a year if need be in the ABA.  He is playing in the most competitive (maybe second most) Euro league and is doing okay playing out of position at the 4 (he is really a 3 despite being 6'10").  He has a great handle, can score in a variety of ways and is a great rebounder.  His free throw shooting is bad and he is kind of a ball hog, but those are nitpicky concerns that I think he can overcome