Author Topic: Cleveland lands 1st and 4th pick in draft lottery  (Read 12824 times)

Re: Cleveland lands 1st and 4th pick in draft lottery
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2011, 12:06:02 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
I think you take Irving first.  He's a much safer/surefire pick than Williams.  I love Williams game, but you have to go with the guard.  Then with the 4th pick, I think a guy they need to look at is Kawhi Leonard.  Get a PG and SF to pair with Hickson and Varejao. 
TP...I like K.Leonard but picked Williams because he was in the top 4 picks but if i thought Leonard could be had he'd be my choice also.

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2011, 12:17:40 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I think you take Irving first.  He's a much safer/surefire pick than Williams.  I love Williams game, but you have to go with the guard.  Then with the 4th pick, I think a guy they need to look at is Kawhi Leonard.  Get a PG and SF to pair with Hickson and Varejao. 
TP...I like K.Leonard but picked Williams because he was in the top 4 picks but if i thought Leonard could be had he'd be my choice also.

I mean a lot of people are saying Williams could slip to 4.  I think the T-Wolves are more likely to pick Kanter and Utah will prob look elsewhere as they just traded for Favors and already have Milsap and Jefferson.  I mean if you can get Williams and Irving you do it.
do it

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2011, 04:11:11 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I'd go Irving and Kanter if I were them.  Irving will be tremendous and Kanter has huge potential.  It'd be a great start on their rebuild.

Me too if there are no injury concerns for either player (I guess there are for Kanter in the longevity sense due to his knees).  Those concerns aside, that would be a fantastic draft for Cleveland.  If not for Kanter's knee history, and had he played this year, I would think he might have gone number 1 overall.  To me getting those two would be like getting a pair of #1's.

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2011, 04:48:21 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Granted i dont know the euro's very well, but to me, in a draft this thin you need to take the ainge approach and go talent over need 100%

Irving would of proven himself to be the best prospect if he wasnt hurt - even still he threw up what 28 points in his first game back in the tourney? He's a top 3 pick in any draft.

Williams is by far the second best prospect.  Minny would be foolish to not take him.  Sure they have a lot of similar players, but they already have a ton of "ifs" and "maybes" in 'Sota.  Take Williams and get the electric playmaker - if he forces his way into more minutes with great play then you have a good problem.  Imagine if he realizes his potential at the 3 and you have him and Love rebounding next to eachother?

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2011, 07:19:11 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
So, the league may fine Kahn for his draft comments.  Truth hurts huh Stern!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2011, 08:15:45 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
Cleveland should just trade those picks for some talent who can help them now--proven talent may be a better option than gambling on the guys in this draft, regardless of how high the picks are.

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2011, 09:37:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
The 1 and 4 is about as good as 11 and 14 in many other draft years....there are no Blake Griffins .  They still got the shaft with a weakest draft in memory.

They should probally trade those picks for a few decent players, minor star or almost star cal. players. They could get 3-4 nice additions.  Or suffer though another season being the last place team and get more lotto picks, eventually they would get a team , but by that time many of the old fans will have passed away