Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 959541 times)

Re: What's the Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #3135 on: March 26, 2020, 08:40:36 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I just watched Creed 2, and I gotta say while it was slightly cheesy at times, I really enjoyed the movie. Fight scenes were also always great to watch, and Michael B. Jordan did another excellent job performing.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3136 on: March 27, 2020, 08:01:25 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
As crazy as it sounds, while I've watched most of the Marvel movies, I haven't watched the Thor ones. Every time I've tried to, something comes up, or I fall asleep before I can start watching on my phone at night (lol). Might watch the first one tonight though. There's certainly time for it now.

Recently watched Monsters University & Despicable Me 2 with my little sister + a toddler we were babysitting briefly

Watched Thor (2011) last night. I liked it, though I felt like the middle of the plot felt really rushed. Like everything just happened so fast without much "plot development" in the middle. But still a great movie.

Going to watch Thor: The Dark World tonight

The one advantage of working from home is that you can sleep in a little haha
Thor: Ragnarok is a really fun change of pace, considering how serious the other ones can be. Also, Jeff Goldblum
The use of Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song during his fight scene was inspired. Maybe one of the best uses of a song to enhance what is happening in an action scene ever.
Hammer of the Gods, baby. Hammer of the Gods.
I'm reading Hammer of the Gods right now.

You are probably aware, but just in case:  Please take everything in that book with a huge grain of salt.  All three of Plant, Page & Jones insist it's garbage fiction and there is good reason to distrust a lot of what is in it given the books' primary source (a former disgruntled employee).

I remember reading it ages ago, back in college.  Only later did I find out that it may not be all that credible.

I still love LZ.   I was a drummer in my youth and Bonham was a god to me.  I still feel like he was the greatest drummer in like, ever.  His ability to layer in even & odd beat mixed tempos was meta-human.
Yes, I've heard that some things were exaggerated but probably not by the author.  He's legit.  He was a writer for Rolling Stone and has written biographies/autobiographies on quite a few artists like Aerosmith, Guns N Roses, Fleetwood Mac, Jim Morrison, Michael Jackson.  I read this book many years ago also but wanted a refresher.

Well, the author's nickname is "Steven Salacious" for a reason.    Writing a lot doesn't make someone more credible.  It just makes one prolific.

Regardless, the book is a funny read.  Just take everything as possible fiction.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #3137 on: April 27, 2020, 08:57:54 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
just watched The Dead Don't Die with Bill Murray.  awful.  just awful.  was hoping there'd be some real humor or at least a big payoff in the end but just a really bad movie.   

« Reply #3138 on: April 27, 2020, 12:15:13 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I just watched Creed 2, and I gotta say while it was slightly cheesy at times, I really enjoyed the movie. Fight scenes were also always great to watch, and Michael B. Jordan did another excellent job performing.
Yeah both of the Creed movies are very good.  First one might just be the best "Rocky" movie they've made.  Second Creed I'd call an excellent combination of Rocky 3 and Rocky 4. 

Creed 3 is scheduled for late 2021 (or maybe now 2022) and may have the return of Clubber Lang (though who knows). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3139 on: April 27, 2020, 01:06:48 PM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Saw Extraction from Netflix and was highly entertained. The acting and story line were okay, but the action was truly enjoyable. You can tell the movie was made by a stuntman turned Director. There was a 20 minute sequence that was awesome. I recommend it if you like the Rambo, Predator type of movies.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #3140 on: April 27, 2020, 02:21:45 PM »

Online perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
Was able to cross three classics off my “movies I’ve somehow never seen” list this past week...Heat, Monster, and Cape Fear.

Heat. 8.2/10. One of the best heist movies I’ve ever seen. It’s a 3 hour film, with what seems like very little filler. Every little thing seems to lead somewhere. Al Pacinos acting is a bit over the top, but it’s always great to see he and De Niro share the screen together.

Monster. 8.6/10. Charlize Theron delivers probably the best female performance of the last 20 years playing a deranged, charismatic serial killer. My only gripe with this movie was Christina Riccis character. Charlize Theron kills like 7 people and somehow Ricci is the harder one to like.

Cape Fear. 7.9/10. Another long one, but a worthwhile watch. De Niro plays one of the creepiest characters ever put on film. Nick Nolte and Jessica Lange were absolutely phenomenal. A good movie, but I don’t see it having much rewatchable appeal due to the numerous sadistic scenes and just how stressful the whole movie is.

Next on my list is Red Dragon, the prequel to Silence Of The Lambs.

« Reply #3141 on: April 27, 2020, 02:38:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Saw Extraction from Netflix and was highly entertained. The acting and story line were okay, but the action was truly enjoyable. You can tell the movie was made by a stuntman turned Director. There was a 20 minute sequence that was awesome. I recommend it if you like the Rambo, Predator type of movies.

Saw first 5-10 minutes and couldn't it watch it any longer

how many times are they going to recycle "abduction" type movies like this??

I thought the Russo brothers (writers) were a bit more creative than this

« Reply #3142 on: April 27, 2020, 02:41:04 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
not movie

but started to watch young sheldon and continue to watch big bang theory.  Good laughs and introduces information on higher level science

As for movies

Vivarium and The Platform are two of the strangest movies I have seen.  Vivarium is disturbing to say the least.  The platform is kind of brilliant if you think about it

« Reply #3143 on: April 27, 2020, 02:48:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Agreed

cheesy for sure.  1st one was better imo

Out of all the rocky movies,  I still consider Rocky 1 and Rocky 2 the best.  I wish they would upscale it to Imax/4k

love the Rocky 2 countdown ending sequence . ... hearing the countdown in a haze/fog from the perspective of the worn down fighters

« Reply #3144 on: April 27, 2020, 06:59:15 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

best action flix ive seen in awhile

« Reply #3145 on: May 06, 2020, 07:55:53 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

Love DC animation and they never disappoint

this is not for kids

to understand you have to be  familiar

with Teen Titans, Suicide Squad..etc

This better than most Marvel Movies

*sippin Truly*

« Reply #3146 on: May 06, 2020, 08:08:19 PM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

Saw first 5-10 minutes and couldn't it watch it any longer

how many times are they going to recycle "abduction" type movies like this??

I thought the Russo brothers (writers) were a bit more creative than this

This is not a movie to see for its screenplay or anything deep. It is a pure entertainment movie but for that I thought it did its job. The uniqueness of the movie was the setting (Bangladesh) and the action scene style, including a 20 minute long shot.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #3147 on: May 06, 2020, 08:24:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I checked out The Lighthouse.  It’s not an exciting movie, and it’s very strange in parts, but the acting of Dafoe and Pattinson is really good.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3148 on: May 06, 2020, 09:21:06 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1807
Just watched Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.  Hadn't seen it since the late 80s.  Fun movie especially if you are into humpback whales.  Probably the best of the original series of movies with the original cast.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #3149 on: May 07, 2020, 11:26:49 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

Love DC animation and they never disappoint

this is not for kids

to understand you have to be  familiar

with Teen Titans, Suicide Squad..etc

This better than most Marvel Movies

*sippin Truly*

Seen this one

It closes the new 52 DCAMU.

Will now vividly await the next JL and where do you think Flash try and go....hmmmm