Author Topic: maturity issues or medical issues  (Read 11632 times)

Re: maturity issues or medical issues
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2018, 01:08:17 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Probably hung over and up late celebrating.

Celebrating that he fell out of the lottery and almost out of the first round?

Celebrating that he became a millionaire over night just for playing a game that he loves! I’d definitely be hungover, too.

Does seem shortsighted by organizations to schedule calls the next morning, especially with time zone differences. You know they’ll be partying all night and hungover, so why not let them get a bit of rest and schedule the call in the early afternoon?

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2018, 01:13:58 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
ByJayKing
Robert Williams said he went to a relative's house last night right after the draft and went to sleep because he was so tired. His sister informed him this morning about the missed conference call.

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2018, 01:14:56 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Probably hung over and up late celebrating.

Celebrating that he fell out of the lottery and almost out of the first round?

Celebrating that he became a millionaire over night just for playing a game that he loves! I’d definitely be hungover, too.

Does seem shortsighted by organizations to schedule calls the next morning, especially with time zone differences. You know they’ll be partying all night and hungover, so why not let them get a bit of rest and schedule the call in the early afternoon?
very true but it is Friday. Most offices want to leave work around early afternoon, or you're already mentally checked out by that time . But I guess they should make the exception for the day after the draft.

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2018, 01:17:22 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
More Chris Forsberg Retweeted Chris Forsberg
Celtics not concerned, appears a simple miscommunication. But a fun start to the Robert Williams era nonetheless.Chris Forsberg added,

Hopefully this.
But maybe not. He just seems like he has a habit of blowing off things:

* Blew off the combine (was supposed to be there but was didn't show)
* No-show at the draft (only first rounder that wasn't there?)
* Blew off the conference call with the team that drafted him.

He was also suspended for 2 games by his team, and only started 40 of the 61 games he played. It just isn't a great look for someone who supposedly has lottery talent.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2018, 01:18:51 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Celtics not concerned, appears a simple miscommunication. But a fun start to the Robert Williams era nonetheless.Chris Forsberg added,

Hopefully this.

He was also suspended for 2 games by his team, and only started 40 of the 61 games he played. It just isn't a great look for someone who supposedly has lottery talent.
well when you're picking at 27 you kind of have troubled players around that area

It really doesn't matter. We are stacked at the 5, Williams won't make or break us. If he can play his role off the bench, we will be solid. Not a tall task
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 01:27:58 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2018, 01:27:58 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Hopefully this.

That is true, the no-show is incorrect. Someone from Twitter reported that Robert Williams had informed them a few hours before that he wouldn't be attending.

Conference call, ehh... Questionable, but it happens, plus he probably partied/went out.

He was suspended 2 games, but the reasoning wasn't mentioned.

Ainge has done his due diligence and believes Williams will pan out, so with the 27th pick you're going to have a flawed player. Let's just hope he gets it together.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2018, 01:35:05 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Hopefully this.

That is true, the no-show is incorrect. Someone from Twitter reported that Robert Williams had informed them a few hours before that he wouldn't be attending.

Conference call, ehh... Questionable, but it happens, plus he probably partied/went out.

Ainge has done his due diligence and believes Williams will pan out, so with the 27th pick you're going to have a flawed player. Let's just hope he gets it together.
Once, it happens. Three times, you have a pattern of not caring to show up for important things.

Also, somehow it didn't happen to anyone else at the draft. This guy has Royce White written all over him.

That's how it is, though. If you want talent at 27, you need to take in damaged goods.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2018, 01:38:03 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Hopefully this.

Once, it happens. Three times, you have a pattern of not caring to show up for important things.

Also, somehow it didn't happen to anyone else at the draft. This guy has Royce White written all over him.

That's how it is, though. If you want talent at 27, you need to take in damaged goods.

Didn't Royce White have some major metal health issues?

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2018, 01:38:15 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Hopefully this.

lol true. All we can hope is he fixes his issues. The good thing is he will not make or break this team because we have a lot of talent as is

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2018, 01:38:39 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Hope he makes it to Summer League.  ::)

Mike

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2018, 01:38:46 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Hopefully this.

Didn't Royce White have some major metal health issues?
yes Royce suffers from serious anxiety issues. Also he mentioned nba teams at the time didn't have much mental health personnel on staff

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2018, 01:42:00 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
yes Royce suffers from serious anxiety issues. Also he mentioned nba teams at the time didn't have much mental health personnel on staff
My recollection is that he just blew his obligations, then complained that NBA "lacks protocol" for mental health issues -- whatever that was supposed to mean. In general, he didn't strike me as someone who cared enough about his NBA career, issues or no issues.

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2018, 01:46:52 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
My recollection is that he just blew his obligations, then complained that NBA "lacks protocol" for mental health issues -- whatever that was supposed to mean. In general, he didn't strike me as someone who cared enough about his NBA career, issues or no issues.
who knows

Rockets owner Leslie Alexander, however, said there have been "internal repercussions which I'm not going to talk about."

More foreboding, Alexander's confidence in White's long-term prospects seemed shaken since his enthusiasm with White's potential during the summer league in Las Vegas.

"That's tenuous," Alexander said. "It's tough to talk about something like that. I think we're going to handle it internally. If he doesn't work out, well, it's tough to lose a draft choice."

[Kelvin] Sampson, serving as Rockets head coach with Kevin McHale on a leave of absence, directed questions to Rockets general manager Daryl Morey, but Morey did not respond to messages although issued this statement: "Royce is not available right now. We are committed to his long term success and we will continue to support him now and going forward."

"I'm not sure," Sampson said when asked why White did not attend practice. "I haven't talked to Daryl. I didn't realize he (White) wasn't here today until we got to practice. I'm not sure what's wrong right now. We talked to Scott and D-Mo last night. Royce wasn't at the game last night as far as I know."

White and his agent, Andrew Vye, did not return messages seeking comment.

Morey has often pointed out that White's anxiety issues had not caused him to miss games or practices at Iowa State. With the Rockets, however, he has already missed a week of training camp and several practices, though it was not clear if Tuesday's absence was related to his anxiety disorder.

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2018, 01:56:55 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Hopefully this.

Tp for the detective work koz. The bob will era might bemore interesting than we thought.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2018, 02:02:57 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
He's not an employee yet. No contract, and under no obligation to do pep rallies for the team.

He entered the draft voluntarily. The Celts own his rights. His lack of professionalism could lead to him getting less than the full 120% rookie scale, or lead to his teammates not trusting him.

Obligation or not, he should act like a professional.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes