Author Topic: Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today  (Read 26123 times)

Re: Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today
« Reply #165 on: May 14, 2019, 07:11:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This makes it so much easier for me to move from Terry.

He's so full of himself.
Those are the optics, but he has a big contract on the line and he said what he needs to;
I want more, I can do more, I sacrificed, I showed what I can do when given a the chance.
If I were his agent I'd say he did good in that regard.

Will any GMs actually buy any of that though?

Why not

Last season "hiccup" gives a free pass to all

Even Kyme

You think Kyrie wont attract suiters or gain a max deal?
You act like Kyrie and Rozier are equals, that somehow Rozier and Kyrie both had "hiccup" years and both would be given a break/benefit of the doubt from GMs.

Kyrie was an All-Star this year, will most likely be an All-NBA player this year, had his best statistical year and is a major difference maker. Rozier played slightly below his career averages which aren't very good, is at best a low level starter but more likely a 7th or 8th player in the rotation role player and is pretty far from being a difference making player.

You are talking about two completely different levels of NBA players. Teams will be clamoring to throw a max contract at Kyrie. Rozier will get some interest very late in the summer, like most mid to low level RFAs.

Did he look like a difference maker to you in this playoffs?

revisit what Gasper asked him after game 4....and listen to his response. Then look at what happened in game 5

At least Rozier can say, he was a part of a group that beat the 76ers and Bucks in the playoffs...and reached game 7 of ECF. Gave an honest effort until the end
Geesh, triboy, get over it. He had a bad 4 game run. But a bad 4 game run doesn't mean you aren't a difference maker.

Actually his poor play proves he is a difference maker because if he played his usual great ball, that series isn't over in 5 games. That's making a difference.

He had a bad 4 game run in the playoffs. It happens. It's happened to lots of great players. Even Larry Bird had a stinker of a playoff series.

I am not saying Kyrie is Larry just pointing out that even the greatest of players can have bad post seasons.

And Kyrie should own his responsibility for his failure this post season. He bares a ton of blame for what happened and deserves criticism. But your over the top claims that somehow Kyrie should be defined by those 4 games is pretty ridiculous. He is a difference maker as proven by the fact he hit one of the biggest shots in Finals history and having two amazing post seasons in Cleveland at the ages of 23 and 24.

« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2019, 07:17:21 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
He has no leverage, and since he played like s--- this season he won't be getting big offers. Match any reasonable offer, or if he signs the qualifying, then trade him during the season (not sure what the limitation is on trades, I think there's some kind of minimum number of days he has to be on the roster before being dealt?).

He's trying to talk his way into the Celtics letting him go for nothing, which would be letting him win. I understand that he's just trying to get the best deal for himself and his family, but a lot of players in the league with more talent than he has are in the same boat and you don't see them underperforming or whining to the media.

« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2019, 07:18:34 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Danny was actually my least favorite Celtic.  He was like only a half-step above Laimbeer in my eyes, and even today I don't like Laimbeer. The things he still says while on camera tells me he's just as immature as an old man.

You know who I would hate to see Rozier go to?  Philly.  Whether they know it or not, he is just what they need right now, and I doubt we would beat them much with him on team.  But maybe that's karma as it'll be obvious that what he does, really can hurt a team at the right moment.

Supposed we woulda drafted Fultz, too :)

We woulda chewed him up and shat him back out, wouldn't we?
Rofl. Yeah, the idea of a guard who has never shot over 40% and who can't create shots without the ball playing off-ball next to Simmons is sooooo terrifying.

Your takes this thread have been hilarious. Cheers for the laugh

Aight...but lemme explain something about Terry's shot...his stroke is nice and he hits timely shots. He shoots that % from sporadically being on the court and never in the same role or spot.

He's very capable of being an elite shooter with time and on the right team, and is comfortable on court.  He has no such issues with his shot as Smart did.

But hey, you know it all anyway :)  I'm surprised you don't see what he could give Philly, as knowledgeable as you are. 

I was also a Philly fan all throughout the 80's...so it really wouldn't bother me too much after this year to see us struggle with them, cause they atleast were intelligent enough not to disturb their chemistry.

Or hold on to a talented point that hurt them, for that matter.  They knew when to cut bait, while you....well...no comment  :)

« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2019, 07:20:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
He has no leverage, and since he played like s--- this season he won't be getting big offers. Match any reasonable offer, or if he signs the qualifying, then trade him during the season (not sure what the limitation is on trades, I think there's some kind of minimum number of days he has to be on the roster before being dealt?).

He's trying to talk his way into the Celtics letting him go for nothing, which would be letting him win. I understand that he's just trying to get the best deal for himself and his family, but a lot of players in the league with more talent than he has are in the same boat and you don't see them underperforming or whining to the media.
I think he can't be traded until December 15th. Not 100% sure on that date but think it's correct.

« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2019, 07:28:23 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I think he can't be traded until December 15th. Not 100% sure on that date but think it's correct.

Depends on how big of a raise he gets.  If it's over 20% he can't be traded until Jan.  And if the Celtics match an offer sheet he has a no-trade clause for a year.

Forget all that grief and just move on without him.

« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2019, 07:31:22 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
The funny thing about all of this is that even if you took Kyrie and Hayward off the team, Rozier is clearly still not a starter with Smart, Brown, and Tatum all clearly ahead of him.

Let’s not forget the fact that Rozier only started for us down the stretch and in the playoffs last year due to both Kyrie AND Smart being out with injury, as Smart was starting when Kyrie went down. And once Smart came back midway through the first round it didn’t make sense to put a rusty guy right back in the starting lineup, which is why Rozier stayed as starter.

That's not actually correct.   Brad consistently chose Rozier as the starter over Smart that year even when Smart was healthy.  That was true even earlier in the season before Smart got injured.

Nope, you are mistaken about this. Not sure where you’re getting that from.

Smart started 11 games during the regular season before going out with his thumb injury. Prior to Kyrie and Smart getting injured during/after game 67, Rozier only started 3 games during the regular season, all 3 coming while Smart was out for his first big stretch that season. Brad still clearly had Smart as the starter over Rozier that year, and he literally did not choose Rozier to start over Smart one time that year.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/smartma01/gamelog/2018/

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/roziete01/gamelog/2018/

« Reply #171 on: May 14, 2019, 07:38:07 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Who's Rozier going to blame for his problems next year?

« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2019, 07:42:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

nobody

if he gets mins as a PG he will produce respectable numbers

nothing crazy

Average 15 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds, a couple of steals, maybe a block

yes he is overall at times streaky...but when he is on, he doesn't miss.   Also is a terror in transition so opponents must respect that

« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2019, 07:42:44 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Rozier reminds me so much of Big Baby during his final years with the Celtics. So egotistical, thinking teams should pay him more than they should.

« Reply #174 on: May 14, 2019, 07:46:17 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

nobody

if he starts he will produce respectable numbers

nothing crazy

Average 15 points, 5-7 assists, 5 rebounds, a couple of steals, maybe a block

yes he is overall at times streaky...but when he is on, he doesn't miss.   Also is a terror in transition so opponents must respect that

I think we are talking about two different players. I'm talking about a lazy out of position rebound hunting player who couldn't make a layup all year. He was an absolute eyesore to watch.

« Reply #175 on: May 14, 2019, 07:47:07 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
When Rozier claimed the handle "Scary Terry" something malfunction in his brain. Terry is now a legend in his own mind.

Bye Terry, don't let the door hit you in the ass.

« Reply #176 on: May 14, 2019, 07:51:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
When Terry Rozier talks about Terry Rozier, Terry Rozier has to refer to Terry Rozier as Terry Rozier because that's how Terry Rozier rolls.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 09:08:42 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #177 on: May 14, 2019, 07:54:07 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
When Terry Rozier talks about Terry Rozier has to refer to Terry Rozier as Terry Rozier because that's how Terry Rozier rolls.

Reminds me of The Rock on how he refers himself in third person.

Speaking of The Rock, he have a message for Terry:

"Know your role and shut your mouth!"

« Reply #178 on: May 14, 2019, 07:55:20 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
When Terry Rozier talks about Terry Rozier has to refer to Terry Rozier as Terry Rozier because that's how Terry Rozier rolls.

You know what Ol' Scary Terry always says at a time like this?

Who??

« Reply #179 on: May 14, 2019, 07:55:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

the hate on Terry is unreal

he was drafted by the Celtics....paid his dues

His goal was to become a starter...

the transition he went through from last seasons playoffs (more freedom) to this season (cater to need of Kyrie).... was not easy

It also happened to Tatum, Brown....so it's not just Terry just struggled