Author Topic: Ime doesn't looks as good without top tier talent.  (Read 7207 times)

Re: Ime doesn't looks as good without top tier talent.
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2024, 01:43:37 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
The reality is there will never be a coach here that satisfies anyone lol.

Brad Stevens was ridiculed too. Ime was as well, lets not act like it was all rainbows in his one year here. Even if they fired Joe and hired Cassell, there'd be "fire Cassell" threads posted here ASAP  :laugh:

Pretty much. There will always be armchair coaches who think they know better or could do better. It doesn't matter who the coach is, some fans will always clamour for the heads.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2024, 01:44:21 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Joe would never quit on the Celtics the way Ime did. Here's my list of people who just quit on the Celtics: Kyrie, Ime, Ray Allen, and Mark Blount.

For some reason, Ime is held in high regard after what he did (harassed a Celtics employee) and given the benefit of a doubt by some.

Not only harassed but continued to do so after he was warned.

But it was consensual if I recalled. Ther w a whole thread of this somewhere in this forum tho lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2024, 01:48:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178

Brad Stevens was ridiculed too. Ime was as well, lets not act like it was all rainbows in his one year here. Even if they fired Joe and hired Cassell, there'd be "fire Cassell" threads posted here ASAP  :laugh:

FIRE CASSELL!

All that's true but Ime quit on the team. No other Celtics coach has ever done that.

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2024, 01:49:45 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Joe would never quit on the Celtics the way Ime did. Here's my list of people who just quit on the Celtics: Kyrie, Ime, Ray Allen, and Mark Blount.

For some reason, Ime is held in high regard after what he did (harassed a Celtics employee) and given the benefit of a doubt by some.

But it was consensual if I recalled. Ther w a whole thread of this somewhere in this forum tho lol

Consent can be retracted though.

Allegedly it was consensual, but he harassed her once she broke it off.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2024, 01:51:05 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

Consensual harassment? He got suspended from the team.

The last thing management wanted to do was get rid of their first year coach after going to the finals. He forced their hand, in addition to being forceful with her.

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2024, 01:53:50 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

The report was that he continued to pursue a relationship. I'm sure that Ime isn't the first person in the history of the world to try to reconcile after things have been broken off in a relationship.

He's stupid for dating a subordinate, but that doesn't make him a predator.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2024, 01:53:59 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

FIRE CASSELL!

All that's true but Ime quit on the team. No other Celtics coach has ever done that.

Fair. But lets be real, even if Ime stayed I'm pretty certain the "Ime needs to go" or whatever thread that was would be well over 200 pages deep  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2024, 01:54:59 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

The last thing management wanted to do was get rid of their first year coach after going to the finals. He forced their hand, in addition to being forceful with her.

Yeah, he forced the issue. It just makes me mad when I read comments about how they miss him. He forced his way out! No one to blame but Ime. Ime came in and made the worst of a great situation. Joe came into a bad situation and made the best of it. That's character. Joe has it. Ime doesn't.

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2024, 01:57:48 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Every NBA coach looks much better with top tier talent on their roster. Brad Stevens however was able to look good with mediocre talent. He maximized the potential of some of those rosters, especially early in his Celtics career.

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2024, 01:59:56 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Yeah, he forced the issue. It just makes me mad when I read comments about how they miss him. He forced his way out! No one to blame but Ime. Ime came in and made the worst of a great situation. Joe came into a bad situation and made the best of it. That's character. Joe has it. Ime doesn't.

Joe's "character":  choking a woman; fighting with police; public intoxication

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2024, 02:00:57 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Breaking news:  Popovich doesn't look as good without top tier talent

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2024, 02:02:00 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

The report was that he continued to pursue a relationship. I'm sure that Ime isn't the first person in the history of the world to try to reconcile after things have been broken off in a relationship.

He's stupid for dating a subordinate, but that doesn't make him a predator.

There's a thin line between continuing to pursue a relationship and harassment. At the end of the day, I wasn't there. I'm going off the reports that the subordinate reported unwanted advances and inappropriate comments.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2024, 02:03:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Wasn't Joe underage, not a 46 year old man? Joe also wasn't a head coach. I see a big difference.

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2024, 02:05:57 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Wasn't Joe underage, not a 46 year old man? Joe also wasn't a head coach. I see a big difference.

I don't see age as an excuse, but I do think people can evolve and change. I hope Joe's sought help and counseling over the past 15 years.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2024, 02:07:06 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I don't see age as an excuse, but I do think people can evolve and change. I hope Joe's sought help and counseling over the past 15 years.

Not an excuse but a big difference. A teenager vs a 46 year old head coach.