Author Topic: Tatum 1st team All NBA  (Read 6645 times)

Re: Tatum 1st team All NBA
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2022, 10:11:52 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
YEAAAH, CONGRATS TATUM!!!  ;D 8)

Also tbh I feel Butler should have made 3rd team

Agree. Best player on the team with the best record in the EC and he really doesn't have a 2nd star supporting him.

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2022, 10:13:39 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
My biggest issue on the teams is Lebron.

56 games played.
Team at 16 games under .500.
Showed obvious signs of playing more to post stats than to win games.

He's undeserving.

And both Brown and Butler deserved third team guard over CP3.

Lebron and CP3 were legacy inclusions, IMHO.

My third team would have been

KAT
Siakam
Brown
Butler
Trae

Personally I’m fine with Lebron on there but idk how CP3 got in. So you’re saying CP3 gets in because of his team being a 1 seed but Butler doesn’t make it while his team is the 1 seed??
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2022, 10:41:12 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
YEAAAH, CONGRATS TATUM!!!  ;D 8)

Also tbh I feel Butler should have made 3rd team

Agree. Best player on the team with the best record in the EC and he really doesn't have a 2nd star supporting him.

For what it’s worth, if there were an All-NBA 4th team, Jaylen would have received enough votes to be on it.

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2022, 12:35:01 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Congratulations Tatum! Here's to more 1st team selections!  ;D

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2022, 12:48:11 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Super worried Jaylen will request a trade soon.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2022, 01:26:52 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Super worried Jaylen will request a trade soon.
Why?

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2022, 01:27:11 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
My biggest issue on the teams is Lebron.

56 games played.
Team at 16 games under .500.
Showed obvious signs of playing more to post stats than to win games.

He's undeserving.

And both Brown and Butler deserved third team guard over CP3.

Lebron and CP3 were legacy inclusions, IMHO.

My third team would have been

KAT
Siakam
Brown
Butler
Trae
I agree although I can at least understand the argument for Paul given his team had best record. Lebron seems like a joke.

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2022, 02:03:58 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
but I'm also glad they kept everyone at their actual positions i.e. 1 center, 2 forwards, and 2 guards on every team. 

I don't know, the voters sure tried to get both Embiid and Jokic there, as they got 145 first place votes between them (when there should only be 100 total for Center).

Doubt the NBA stepped in, probably just luck for Tatum that it worked out that way, with both Embiid and Jokic probably getting the majority of their votes at Center to make it work out this way.

And for people that don't think LeBron should have even made 3rd team, he has 2 first place votes!  Wonder who those were from.  NBA should be releasing the actual votes soon, can't wait to browse those, always interesting stuff buried in there.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2022, 02:05:12 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
 Congrats…but does it fare well for us in the next game!? I feel like he would play better if he was slighted just as I expect butler will.

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2022, 02:25:35 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Watch media people continue to say “star ascending toward superstar.” usually the same people who call hasbeens like Kyrie a superstar.

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2022, 06:10:10 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
All NBA has always been more about stats and less about team record.  So when a guy averages 30.3 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 6.2 apg, 1.3 spg, 1.1 bpg with an eFG of 59 and a TS% of 61.9 he should absolutely be on an All NBA Team.  And the games played issue is much less a thing when a lot of the other players played a similar level of games (Butler for example played 1 more game than him).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2022, 10:00:37 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Tatum is officially a top 5 NBA player! Now all the people that keep saying we can't win it all because we don't have a top 5 player can shut the hell up.

Welllllllll akshuallyyyyyy Embiid got more overall votes. Tatum was 6th in raw votes. But I think we all agree he is better than Booker, at least. So still top 5  ;D

This is still a tough question.  Top 5 this year but several really good veteran players are not included on the first team as injuries impacted them:

Durant
LeBron
Kawhi
Harden

Any of these could bounce back and be better than Tatum next season, leaving Tatum out of the top 5 but still in the top 10.  I am fine with that.  It doesn't matter so much to me whether he ranks 4 or 6 or 8.  He is our star and will pass all of these players in due course.  I don't see it as so definitive that if Tatum is 4th we can win a title but if he is 7th, we can't.  We can win a title with Tatum, that much should now be indisputable based on what the Celtics have done this season and this playoff run.

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2022, 10:33:34 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
All NBA has always been more about stats and less about team record.  So when a guy averages 30.3 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 6.2 apg, 1.3 spg, 1.1 bpg with an eFG of 59 and a TS% of 61.9 he should absolutely be on an All NBA Team.  And the games played issue is much less a thing when a lot of the other players played a similar level of games (Butler for example played 1 more game than him).
Tell that to Bradley Beal, Trae Young, Damián Lillard, etc that all had huge box score #'s certain years and got snubbed mostly due to team record. There are people that get snubbed for All-NBA due to team record littered throughout NBA history. Your theory on this just to protect Lebron is completely wrong

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2022, 10:33:52 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Tatum is officially a top 5 NBA player! Now all the people that keep saying we can't win it all because we don't have a top 5 player can shut the hell up.

Welllllllll akshuallyyyyyy Embiid got more overall votes. Tatum was 6th in raw votes. But I think we all agree he is better than Booker, at least. So still top 5  ;D

This is still a tough question.  Top 5 this year but several really good veteran players are not included on the first team as injuries impacted them:

Durant
LeBron
Kawhi
Harden

Any of these could bounce back and be better than Tatum next season, leaving Tatum out of the top 5 but still in the top 10.  I am fine with that.  It doesn't matter so much to me whether he ranks 4 or 6 or 8.  He is our star and will pass all of these players in due course.  I don't see it as so definitive that if Tatum is 4th we can win a title but if he is 7th, we can't.  We can win a title with Tatum, that much should now be indisputable based on what the Celtics have done this season and this playoff run.

But if we're accounting for bounce-backs, we also need to consider steps forward. The days of those guys being ahead of Tatum are numbered, if not over completely.

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2022, 10:48:41 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Tell that to Bradley Beal, Trae Young, Damián Lillard, etc that all had huge box score #'s certain years and got snubbed mostly due to team record. There are people that get snubbed for All-NBA due to team record littered throughout NBA history. Your theory on this just to protect Lebron is completely wrong

I one 100% agree with you. Plus what you say is something we know as fact cause members of the media with votes (like a bill simmons for example) publicly talk about their votes and criteria. Team record is something that comes every single year. If you follow the NBA you know that.