24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 145715 times)

Re: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)
« Reply #1605 on: June 30, 2019, 09:17:01 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
It was inevitable. Good luck to him, I refuse to act like a jilted lover. He's now someone else's problem.

lets see how he does with a team just as young...but with less top end young talent.

Re: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)
« Reply #1606 on: June 30, 2019, 09:24:48 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
It was inevitable. Good luck to him, I refuse to act like a jilted lover. He's now someone else's problem.

my exact feelings .  He and KD are two people that never seem to find  happiness. 

He has to wait on KD ,   i suppose he has the inside scoop from KD himself that he is signing with Nets .   1-2 years is a long time Kyrie , your to easily discouraged when things are tuff.    .....a rub off of Bron

Flashback to that conversation between KD and the malcontent at the ASG
« Reply #1607 on: June 30, 2019, 05:58:04 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
looks like homeboy was gone since February. No wonder they were both irked by media questions. Someone was on to their plan.

Re: Flashback to that conversation between KD and the malcontent at the ASG
« Reply #1608 on: June 30, 2019, 05:59:21 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
looks like homeboy was gone since February. No wonder they were both irked by media questions. Someone was on to their plan.
a reference or context or link would be very helpful here.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #1609 on: June 30, 2019, 06:02:42 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
I like this game of not saying the fake intelectual name anymore..
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #1610 on: June 30, 2019, 06:02:49 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He's talking about a video where KD and Kyrie were talking in a hallway. Kyrie held up the number "two" and the media assumed they were talking about teaming up on the Knicks (the Nets didn't have two max slots at that point).

It was silly then. It's still silly now.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #1611 on: June 30, 2019, 06:04:04 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

a reference to what? you do not remember this happened?

« Reply #1612 on: June 30, 2019, 06:09:41 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

He's talking about a video where KD and Kyrie were talking in a hallway. Kyrie held up the number "two" and the media assumed they were talking about teaming up on the Knicks (the Nets didn't have two max slots at that point).

Another malcontent love post. Just tell you are related to him somehow. Its okay. It is not so much what was posted it is how they both responded. If it was silly then, it is not silly now.

https://warriorswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/10/kevin-durant-kyrie-irving-went-to-miami-together-after-all-star-game/

« Reply #1613 on: June 30, 2019, 06:16:19 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Another malcontent love post. Just tell you are related to him somehow. Its okay. It is not so much what was posted it is how they both responded. If it was silly then, it is not silly now.

https://warriorswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/10/kevin-durant-kyrie-irving-went-to-miami-together-after-all-star-game/

Lol, you think that's a "love post"? You sound bitter. As I said in another thread, one of the perks of my job is free Nets and Knicks tickets. If I check out a Nets game, I'll try to get Kyrie's autograph since you seem so hung up on him. Let that hurt go, buddy. Let it go.

Do you know how many NBA players hang out and vacation together? Jaylen has hung out in the offseason with Jimmy Butler, they've spent time in San Diego together. Trying to glean the beginnings of a master plan from a video taken in a populated stadium during All-Star weekend was and is silly. 
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #1614 on: June 30, 2019, 06:20:05 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/02/20/kyrie-irving-on-video-with-kevin-durant-me-and-one-of-my-best-friends-talking/

« Reply #1615 on: June 30, 2019, 06:22:17 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Lol, you think that's a "love post"? You sound bitter. As I said in another thread, one of the perks of my job is free Nets and Knicks tickets. If I check out a Nets game, I'll try to get Kyrie's autograph since you seem so hung up on him. Let that hurt go, buddy. Let it go.

Do you know how many NBA players hang out and vacation together? Jaylen has hung out in the offseason with Jimmy Butler, they've spent time in San Diego together. Trying to glean the beginnings of a master plan from a video taken in a populated stadium during All-Star weekend was and is silly.

I just notice that you are very quick to defend the malcontent but you do not hesitate to attack other players. It was not so much the rumors. Rumors abound, it was the response without a denial.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/02/20/kyrie-irving-on-video-with-kevin-durant-me-and-one-of-my-best-friends-talking/

« Reply #1616 on: June 30, 2019, 06:26:32 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I just notice that you are very quick to defend the malcontent but you do not hesitate to attack other players. It was not so much the rumors. Rumors abound, it was the response without a denial.

I'm critical of all players - Kyrie included. I also give respect where it's due. I don't have any binkies. These guys make millions of dollars to play a game, they don't need to be coddled by me or any other fan.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #1617 on: June 30, 2019, 07:22:16 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Reaching here. Since then Durant has torn his achilles, Kyrie got embarrassed in the playoffs and the Warriors lost to the Raps, while simultaneously writing off being a genuine contender next season.

I doubt the conversation at the ASG between these two that some people thought was a bit suspicious has any relevance
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)