Author Topic: We really should fire Danny Ainge  (Read 17761 times)

Re: We really should fire Danny Ainge
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2019, 11:26:51 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Danny's got a job till he's ready to be done is my read on the situation.

The Lakers have already rebuilt comment cracks me up though. The C's have made the playoffs every year but one since their rebuild and made the ECF twice! The Lakers sucked for 6 straight years!

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2019, 11:41:26 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
What a joke.

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2019, 11:43:10 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
This thread is... laughable. Moving on.

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2019, 12:30:02 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Yeah, I really hate being a top-4 team in the conference after an all-NBA point guard and an all-star center leave, too.

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2019, 01:10:57 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Had to open the thread just to make sure the OP was serious.  Apparently, he was.  Wow.

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2019, 04:50:35 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Lakers have already rebuilt and come next year the team you fleeced will also feature higher top end talent than the C's in shorter rebuild times.

Nets have two injury prone guys and one of them may never be the same.   I also think their chemistry tanks when those two return.

Lakers have an aging star and injury prone Davis.

I think Brown and Tatum took good leaps this year forward and who is to say that won't again.

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2019, 06:45:02 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Lakers have already rebuilt and come next year the team you fleeced will also feature higher top end talent than the C's in shorter rebuild times.

Nets have two injury prone guys and one of them may never be the same.   I also think their chemistry tanks when those two return.

I think Brown and Tatum took good leaps this year forward and who is to say that won't again.

luv the optimism

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2019, 06:51:08 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

And the irony is that reply only adds to the argument in support of DA maybe needing to step down as DA's plan was KD, then it changed and went to Irving and Davis. You are knocking the very messiahs DA was going after. How long do we keep this blind support going with all the excuses? When do we stop the bashing of players who turned us down and say, DA tried hard for that guy?

DA isn't horrible but the results show he is not great either. One chip and only two final appearances in 16 years is not up to C's expectations. We currently have zero top 20 players, very unreliable future picks and no foreseeable cap space. This is why I said depending on trade deadline I would think long and hard about DA if I was ownership.

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2019, 07:25:37 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

And the irony is that reply only adds to the argument in support of DA maybe needing to step down as DA's plan was KD, then it changed and went to Irving and Davis. You are knocking the very messiahs DA was going after. How long do we keep this blind support going with all the excuses? When do we stop the bashing of players who turned us down and say, DA tried hard for that guy?

DA isn't horrible but the results show he is not great either. One chip and only two final appearances in 16 years is not up to C's expectations. We currently have zero top 20 players, very unreliable future picks and no foreseeable cap space. This is why I said depending on trade deadline I would think long and hard about DA if I was ownership.
Dude,
70% of Celtics fans believe that Langford is a future all star and that timelord is going to be a defensive player of the year. They were also convinced that James young and Jordan Mickey were going to be stars.
As long as the draft picks keep coming and we have 4 rookies every year ... and Stevens gets his collection of underdogs to overachieve the vast majority of fans will support Ainge

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2019, 07:41:13 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Dude,
70% of Celtics fans believe that Langford is a future all star and that timelord is going to be a defensive player of the year. They were also convinced that James young and Jordan Mickey were going to be stars.
As long as the draft picks keep coming and we have 4 rookies every year ... and Stevens gets his collection of underdogs to overachieve the vast majority of fans will support Ainge
What you mean a team with 5 rookies and 2 more players in their 2nd year (not counting the 2-way players) isn't going to contend?  Especially adding in 3 more players in their 3rd year.  And of those 10 players only 1 was a top 10 pick.

Ainge has continued to treat the team like it is rebuilding but while also trying to win and he has continued to diminish both paths by doing so.  He had needed to pick a direction for years, but he just doesn't seem capable of doing it.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2019, 07:49:45 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
luv the optimism

I live in Ohio not Title Town and I don't have an expect a title every year or fire the mentality that many from Boston possess.   That being said the Celtics have always been my team and I hate the Cavs and LeBron.   I have no second teams and have enjoyed watching us good or bad.   Last year was rough, because we all knew the team was capable of more, though.

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2019, 08:28:50 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell

Dude,
What you mean a team with 5 rookies and 2 more players in their 2nd year (not counting the 2-way players) isn't going to contend?  Especially adding in 3 more players in their 3rd year.  And of those 10 players only 1 was a top 10 pick.

Ainge has continued to treat the team like it is rebuilding but while also trying to win and he has continued to diminish both paths by doing so.  He had needed to pick a direction for years, but he just doesn't seem capable of doing it.
I wonder if Danny has an ongoing bet with other long tenured GMs on who will make 100 draft choices first lol. He’s definitely made 50-60 choices so far in his career

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2019, 09:14:18 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I wonder if we were be talking about the great LAL plan had Davis destroyed his leg 8min in the season and Hayward hadn't

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2019, 09:18:52 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
I wonder if we were be talking about the great LAL plan had Davis destroyed his leg 8min in the season and Hayward hadn't
good or bad luck is a big part of the equation.

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2019, 09:56:14 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I think the problems you saw last year with the roster would have had been there that first season had Hayward not gotten hurt.  In addition, I don't think Brown or Tatum is as good today if that injury hadn't happened either.  The reality is the roster was set up poorly and was bound to have the same issues.  I really don't think Hayward missing time and struggling to come back was the cause, it was quite simply the collection of players wouldn't have worked.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip