Author Topic: We really should fire Danny Ainge  (Read 17814 times)

Re: We really should fire Danny Ainge
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2019, 06:21:15 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
There is no other GM I would rather have running our team. Name a free agent GM who would be better?

Danny works his backside off for this franchise.

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2019, 06:21:51 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
The fire Ainge threads make me want to puke.  He's done a fantastic job for our team.  Once Hayward returns, most of our current problems will be behind us.
Agreed.  I said this last game: The problem is with player execution.  Hit shots, defend the 3, get timely rebounds, avoid turning it over. If they can’t do that, they don’t deserve to win.  It is misguided, IMO, to blame Ainge or Stevens. 

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2019, 06:23:19 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672
Ainge is fine, lol.  I think he's done a hell of a job putting this team together.  He's not infallible - no GM is - but he's way beyond the 'fire him' benchmark by my estimation. 

I disagree that he didn't pick a direction.  Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford/Smart was his direction.  But Kyrie leaves Earth, Hayward breaks his foot off, Horford leaves for more money, and here we are.  Ainge didn't do anything wrong.  But the reality is that you need to get lucky, in addition to making savvy moves, to win championships. 

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2019, 06:24:25 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
I agree somewhat..guy cant draft for sure..only hits has been Tatum, Perk, Brown, Rondo, Bradley, might miss someone else..

He's missed a lot like every other GM.  But I'll add Marcus Smart, Delonte, Tony Allen and Big Al to your list.

He's a great GM and I don't agree with the OP that the pieces don't fit this year.  Remains to be seen how they end up at the 5 but with GH back and healthy this team is very good -- and very young.

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2019, 06:35:02 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I agree somewhat..guy cant draft for sure..only hits has been Tatum, Perk, Brown, Rondo, Bradley, might miss someone else..

He's missed a lot like every other GM.  But I'll add Marcus Smart, Delonte, Tony Allen and Big Al to your list.

He's a great GM and I don't agree with the OP that the pieces don't fit this year.  Remains to be seen how they end up at the 5 but with GH back and healthy this team is very good -- and very young.
I don’t think Ujiri has ever made a bad pick. Pop and Morey maybe screwed up couple picks that’s it

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2019, 06:38:20 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Firing ainge? That does sound crazy.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2019, 06:39:37 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Firing ainge? That does sound crazy.

Because it is.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2019, 06:41:33 PM »

Online keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

I don’t think Ujiri has ever made a bad pick. Pop and Morey maybe screwed up couple picks that’s it

Bruno Caboclo? I mean also he's only made like 4 first round picks in the 7 drafts he's resided in Toronto.

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2019, 07:07:16 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I have a friend that also thinks Danny should be fired. Unfortunately he wants to replace him with himself.

People are strange.

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2019, 07:07:57 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
I have a friend that also thinks Danny should be fired. Unfortunately he wants to replace him with himself.

People are strange.

Now that's funny! :laugh:

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2019, 07:31:12 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I know I sound crazy. Ainge won a championship in 08, he fleeced Brooklyn and makes good trades. The problem is he gets these pieces that don't fit together. Ainge can't pick a Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again. direction to go. Are we competing or rebuilding? I know we're supposed to be competing but the team is filled with inconsistent players. Our bench has one consistent player in Wanamaker. No one has been consistently knocking down threes. We have no rim protection. I'm tired of the inconsistency.  When he got the picks Ainge walked the line between building young talent and trying to win. In the NBA you cannot do both. This thinking has stunted the growth of Brown and Tatum. A GM needs have a direction. Ainge seems passive and just waiting for an uneven deal no matter if it supports a direction.

Judging from your signature, I don't trust your team-building ability.

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2019, 07:34:31 PM »

Offline ausbacker

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
Ainge is fine, lol.  I think he's done a hell of a job putting this team together.  He's not infallible - no GM is - but he's way beyond the 'fire him' benchmark by my estimation. 

I disagree that he didn't pick a direction.  Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford/Smart was his direction.  But Kyrie leaves Earth, Hayward breaks his foot off, Horford leaves for more money, and here we are.  Ainge didn't do anything wrong.  But the reality is that you need to get lucky, in addition to making savvy moves, to win championships.

The only real issue I have with Ainge is we don't appear to have the front court we need but it's not for lack of trying. There's 29 other teams trying to add available talent.

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2019, 08:05:15 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Danny was looking like Ol' Red when we acquired KG...

He supposedly had his eyes on AD for a few years as well - as he did KG.

I think Danny did his due diligence.

That trade - "Whomever on BOS for AD" is not looking so bad now, with Tatum making a SERIOUS bid for an All-Star spot this season and JB not far behind.

DAL just handed LAL their behinds on a Blue Platter - with a side dish of Purple and Gold. I have a feeling that MORE of this will be happening sooner than later - as those miles pile up on those legs of LeBron and AD.

Danny's done well - even taking the High Road with the whole Kyrie thing.

Emotions can run deep on this blog - even with ME. But Danny isn't the blame here and if ANYTHING should be given an extension.

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2019, 09:06:20 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Our bench has one consistent player in Wanamaker. No one has been consistently knocking down threes. We have no rim protection. I'm tired of the inconsistency.  When he got the picks Ainge walked the line between building young talent and trying to win. In the NBA you cannot do both. This thinking has stunted the growth of Brown and Tatum. A GM needs have a direction. Ainge seems passive and just waiting for an uneven deal no matter if it supports a direction.

Holy Sky is falling, we won today what prompted this?  We are winning despite these faults and are in most games.

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2019, 11:23:10 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Depending on what happens at trade deadline I could see ownership asking him if he wants to keep going as the GM or move to an advisor role. At some point you have to look at DA for only one chip and a long unsuccessful rebuild. Lakers have already rebuilt and come next year the team you fleeced will also feature higher top end talent than the C's in shorter rebuild times.