Author Topic: We've hit rock bottom  (Read 10110 times)

We've hit rock bottom
« on: February 10, 2019, 11:40:59 AM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
I'm not going to act like everything's fine now (it isn't), but the reality is, all we can do at this moment is hope the Break is what this team needs and that they can do well after it. For now, just try not to get blown out @PHI, then beat DET, and go into the break. This is rock bottom for us, so we can only go up from here! (I hope)

Re: We've hit rock bottom
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 12:45:47 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Truly a remarkable effort to hit rock bottom 2 games after winning 10 of 11. This team never ceases to surprise.  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 01:35:49 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
This is rock bottom? Seriously?

Truly a remarkable effort to hit rock bottom 2 games after winning 10 of 11. This team never ceases to surprise.  :laugh:

Team, or forum?

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 02:10:10 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
In some respects I'm almost resigned to letting Kyrie and Morris walk. Keep all the players and picks and keep growing. You notice how the FAs are the one speaking out...Morris and Kyrie.

If this young guys feel more cohesion and play harder with each other, go with it. They proved and may have learned something going to the ECF last year. That is no easy task and to limit their growth now isn't wise.

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 02:19:36 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
If this is rock bottom, I'll take it.

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 02:20:40 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
If this is rock bottom, I'll take it.

Yeah this is not rock bottom lol.

Rock bottom is going on a major tailspin and completely missing the playoffs.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 02:29:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Look, the last 2 games were awful for sure.

But overall we're 10-3 in our last 13. Our other loss was a 4-point loss to the Warriors, and in that stretch where we won 10 of 11, we also beat TOR, OKC & MIA while taking care of business against the others.

If this losing stretch goes past like 6 games and to the point where may start to fall to the 6-7 seed, then we can say we're hitting rock bottom.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 02:32:25 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
In some respects I'm almost resigned to letting Kyrie and Morris walk. Keep all the players and picks and keep growing. You notice how the FAs are the one speaking out...Morris and Kyrie.

If this young guys feel more cohesion and play harder with each other, go with it. They proved and may have learned something going to the ECF last year. That is no easy task and to limit their growth now isn't wise.
Agreed...Irving is too injury prone for max dollars. I would stay with the young guys as well and play it out. Trying to get Davis just for him to leave is a mistake.

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 02:35:13 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Are people like this at their jobs in real life? Like they have an amazing two months at their job and then one really crappy day that does t impact anything, and they call it rock bottom?

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 02:37:09 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
I really wouldn't worry so much right now. All players get banged up during a season and it's nothing anyone can do about that. It's the main reason why it's so hard to get back to back rings.

Terry will get his game tighter, so it can be a good thing.

Smart and Jalen are looking pretty good, and Tatum's still Tatum....even though I think it's time he took a bigger load, and I still like Morris and Horford heading toward the playoffs. It's doubtful we were gonna win this year anyway. No need to panic.

Remember Paul and Antoine came a game and a half from the finals and no one expected them to win it all the next year. Just takes patience.

I'm not scared of the other eastern teams either. I think when it comes to a tight series, chemistry always wins out.

That's why I don't like all this trade talk and being quick to pull the trigger.

They're gonna play different when they get to the playoffs, and I think starting Smart and Morris all year has helped them.

But they're gonna need to look for mismatches, which they don't do. Finding Tatum low on the block would be money...and I also see that with Jalen. Seeing how you can't touch anyone now, it's almost crazy not back people down OR have a back to the basket Center. No one can stop Tatum's or Jalen's turn around when they back people down. Why Brad doesn't see this, I'll never know. This is why I think his system is a little to rigid.

It's like the NBA has collectively lost their marbles.

One thing though...Tatum has the ability to be a defensive     
force and player stopper. He doesn't seem interested in Doing and it drives me crazy. Paul was a stopper as soon as he got in the league. Jayson will be no Paul until he understands that.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 02:50:04 PM by Triplenickle »

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 03:10:16 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
No.  Rock bottom was '06-'07 or '13-'14.   And for the older folks on here, '78-79.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 03:41:07 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
The Joe Klein years

Talk about futile :)

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2019, 03:43:45 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

No.  Rock bottom was '06-'07 or '13-'14.   And for the older folks on here, '78-79.

Definitely..... Some of the Pitino years were gruesome too

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 03:44:58 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Definitely..... Some of the Pitino years were gruesome too

I forgot to throw in the ML Carr years.  Especially '96-97.  Yuck.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 04:19:24 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

No offense, but I wish people would stop bringing up last year's playoffs. It's not like the team did anything remarkably special. Okay, they won't farther than most expected w/o Kyrie and lost to a decimated Cavs team in 7 games.

Is that the new bar now? Just to make it to the Eastern Conference finals

Let's move on from last year's playoffs, please. Last year's playoff roster is not going to win a championship and that's the goal (or should be the goal.)