Author Topic: When the NBA Comes Back  (Read 3061 times)

When the NBA Comes Back
« on: April 21, 2020, 07:08:56 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
It seems coming back will be full of adjustments and not be rushed or there may be injuries to players after a long complete layoff.
 Why can't at this point players get time in Auerbach Center? If the staff has been tested top to bottom. And special care is made to disinfect areas. Putting up shots late at night, ball handling drills or weight training followed by disinfecting area. Each slot of one player and trainer while social distancing.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 08:51:13 AM by Donoghus »

Re: NBA Coming Back
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 07:29:18 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  Well they’re all filthy rich so of course they can get tested, right? What a joke. I got family members who have it and an older person that had no other underlying conditions, couldn’t get a test and died and her daughter couldn’t see her. This woman could not get a test. Sent home.
    I’m not supporting the nba this year if they’re all tested after people skipped over to die. I’m sorry. It’s obviously emotional.

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 07:54:06 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Sorry for your loss.
 I hadn't thought of testing slots or private testing taking precedence over the sick. I live in England in at risk category due to underlying conditions .If I get it, I die. They are thinking of self isolation for over 70's up to a year or till vaccines become available.
As they are letting people back to work there will be infections but not a overburdening of health service and a large amount infected will have mild symptoms and recover.   

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 08:39:13 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I am typically a fan of your threads/posts, rollie, but I have to say that this one is pretty 'clickbaity'. I honestly thought this was going to be a thread about the NBA's plan to return this season. Anyway, best of luck to both you and db35 and, yeah, hopefully players are able to get in much needed training at some point in the near future.

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 08:51:26 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I am typically a fan of your threads/posts, rollie, but I have to say that this one is pretty 'clickbaity'. I honestly thought this was going to be a thread about the NBA's plan to return this season. Anyway, best of luck to both you and db35 and, yeah, hopefully players are able to get in much needed training at some point in the near future.

I changed the title.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Re: When the NBA Comes Back
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 10:59:15 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I'll be chomping at the bit .   ;D

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 11:13:25 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Are we sure ALL the players want to return though? I mean, for example, if someone like Giannis (or another star) just decides he doesn't want to put himself or his family at risk by playing, how is that fair for all the teams?? There are other NBA players who have preexisting health conditions who probably would have to really consider the risks.

There's still time to consider resuming the season in the summer. But the way things are trending, I don't see a resumption. And I doubt the NBA will have fans in attendance until mid-2021 at the earliest. Not until a vaccine or certified medication comes out and is dispersed. Same with all the sports.

And I personally am not a fan of the "gimmicky" mini-tournaments they are proposing. I'd be fine with having like 1-2 weeks of regular season (basically a "preseason" for the playoffs to get back into things), and then have shortened playoff series (best of 5 all the way). But some of the tournaments that have been proposed IMO are ridiculous. How can you actually crown a champion based off that??
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 05:22:14 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker

I had to go look up clickbait,If it was, it was unintentional .My intent was on a discussion of when players could safely get back to working out ,singly or with trainer or coach at Auerbach Center. .Staggered and after areas are disinfected like weight room disinfected after each use.. Then there is film room with two tested players or coach with social distancing.
If all the players have been tested and staff., What harm would there be?
If they restart the season this would cut getting in shape time.
The workouts shooting, ballhandling, lateral and defensive one man drills and access to training equipment would shorten getting in shape time.
And maybe improve some shooting and awareness of rookies .I watch Theis and his timing on screens  is elite and Robert Williams could use some lessons.
Maybe a virtual studio live linking players and coaches as they break down film and player matchups as to their opponents strengths and weaknesses. This could be interactive or singly if booked.
There could be a shooting coach breaking down a players shots.

Could an outdoor training area be somehow made available with gear for drills and weight training? Again disinfected after each use, an outdoor court  for putting up shots.
Gordon was rehabbing outdoors at times.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 08:22:22 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 09:19:53 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Does anyone know for sure that the Auerbach Center is not open to players currently?  I bet it's not something they would want to advertise.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2020, 10:03:08 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Does anyone know for sure that the Auerbach Center is not open to players currently?  I bet it's not something they would want to advertise.

I would be beyond shocked if it were.  There’s virtually no upside to being open right now.

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 10:08:58 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Oh, I was just joking rollie - I know you would never intentionally start a misleading thread. I agree with you about players staying in shape - hopefully they are finding a way even if they can't go to the Auerbach Center.

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2020, 01:59:50 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Celtics are using zoom and doing workouts with coaches and strength coaches, motivational speakers and guest speakers with conference calls.
Guests-Mark Wahlberg ,LL Cool J .and then,Myron Rolle a Florida State cornerback  drafted number 10 Tennessee Titans that didn't go pro but became a Rhodes Scholar, a Harvard Med School Graduate and 3rd year resident in neurosurgery Mass General Hospital and on front line fighting coronavirus.
Jason is working out and lifting.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 03:22:00 PM by rollie mass »

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2020, 02:00:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Jaylen and Tacko are busy learning new guitar songs .  Basketball is on the back burner  ;)

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2020, 03:29:05 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Our secret weapon The Auerbach Center will open for individual workouts..
The young guys have gotten enough of a taste NBA game time to really work on shooting ,drills to work on lateral movement

They should have video feeds at stations with audio monitored by coaches-Spy in the sky with ability to track vitals, to compute shooting form technique and monitor weight training and drills. Like 3P lab does sure would help draft process .3P is the program that was used to measure Grant Williams strength.
And i think was used to correct Myles Turners running technique.

Or simply bring Drew Hanlen in and book sessions.

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2020, 07:22:10 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Celtics are using zoom and doing workouts with coaches and strength coaches, motivational speakers and guest speakers with conference calls.
Guests-Mark Wahlberg ,LL Cool J .and then,Myron Rolle a Florida State cornerback  drafted number 10 Tennessee Titans that didn't go pro but became a Rhodes Scholar, a Harvard Med School Graduate and 3rd year resident in neurosurgery Mass General Hospital and on front line fighting coronavirus.
Jason is working out and lifting.

Thanks for this.  Btw, looked up Myron Rolle - great story, was picked in the 6th round (not #10) but still, amazing guy.