Author Topic: NBA HORSE tournament (7pm today. Pierce is in it)  (Read 2928 times)

Re: NBA HORSE tournament (7pm today. Pierce is in it)
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2020, 01:43:16 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I quite enjoyed it, despite the poor video quality. It was interesting to see these professionals play something that I've played for decades on the playground, and see their performance level in this setting. It was also great to place male and female, and older and younger players on a level playing field.

I also enjoyed seeing the participants in their home settings and getting to see some of their personal side. I'm a bigger fan of each of them after this, especially Lavine and CP3. I hated those guys watching them in NBA games, they came across as much more human and likeable in this setting.

I also like the setup overall and how it can promote the idea for people having these kind of competitions on their own from now on. It would be kinda cool to have online HORSE competitions with random people from across the globe that anyone could join in on instead of online video game competitions imo. I'd love to be able to come home from work sometimes and be able to sign in to an online HORSE competition from my driveway to unwind.

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2020, 02:14:08 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I quite enjoyed it, despite the poor video quality. It was interesting to see these professionals play something that I've played for decades on the playground, and see their performance level in this setting. It was also great to place male and female, and older and younger players on a level playing field.

I also enjoyed seeing the participants in their home settings and getting to see some of their personal side. I'm a bigger fan of each of them after this, especially Lavine and CP3. I hated those guys watching them in NBA games, they came across as much more human and likeable in this setting.

I also like the setup overall and how it can promote the idea for people having these kind of competitions on their own from now on. It would be kinda cool to have online HORSE competitions with random people from across the globe that anyone could join in on instead of online video game competitions imo. I'd love to be able to come home from work sometimes and be able to sign in to an online HORSE competition from my driveway to unwind.

First annual CelticsStrong Horse Tournament anyone!

As long as it doesn't require me jumping more than a quarter inch off the ground, I'M IN!
Yup

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2020, 02:22:46 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

As long as it doesn't require me jumping more than a quarter inch off the ground, I'M IN!
I wish I had a hoop available to participate in it lol, all sports facilities are shut down in where I live.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2020, 02:25:31 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Oh that would be awesome!!

I second the request for limited jumping, otherwise I'm gonna look like Pierce did yesterday.

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2020, 04:53:39 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

Oh that would be awesome!!

I second the request for limited jumping, otherwise I'm gonna look like Pierce did yesterday.

He could barely chew gum and dribble .  The only basket he could dunk on , possibly , is a 8 ft rim.   His physical skills went up in smoke.   Billups looked much much better.

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2020, 09:38:35 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I wish I had a hoop available to participate in it lol, all sports facilities are shut down in where I live.

We could go with Nerf horse game.  Make your own rim and ball if you don't have one.  Roll up some socks!
Yup