Author Topic: Dark (Netflix)  (Read 2654 times)

Dark (Netflix)
« on: July 04, 2020, 02:44:36 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Does anybody watch this?

I am almost done with the third season. This show is fascinating and well acted and compelling… And I do not have much of a clue regarding what is going on, except in broad strokes.  It’s a pretty unique experience for me; normally, if a show is difficult to follow, it’s due to poor writing.  Here, I feel like everything makes sense, I just need a flowchart and multiple rewatchings.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Dark (Netflix)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 02:55:10 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Haven't seen it but have considered it, because I heard that it's pretty intriguing, but for some reason I've thought it was in German with subtitles—is that true?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 03:06:42 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Haven't seen it but have considered it, because I heard that it's pretty intriguing, but for some reason I've thought it was in German with subtitles—is that true?

There’s a dubbed version, but they did a really good job with the dubbing.  Normally I find dubbed films to be unwatchable, but somebody knew what they were doing on this one.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 03:35:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Does anybody watch this?

I am almost done with the third season. This show is fascinating and well acted and compelling… And I do not have much of a clue regarding what is going on, except in broad strokes.  It’s a pretty unique experience for me; normally, if a show is difficult to follow, it’s due to poor writing.  Here, I feel like everything makes sense, I just need a flowchart and multiple rewatchings.

Now you got me intrigued, I gotta check it out.

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 03:44:02 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
what is it about, I have found Netflix to be quite boring.

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 03:53:03 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
what is it about, I have found Netflix to be quite boring.

Very vaguely:  It starts out as a missing person story, and morphs into time travel related to a nuclear apocalypse

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 01:43:08 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I watched last night the 8th episode from season 3 and I feel exactly the same way... I have no idea what's going on but I can't stop watching.

It seems like an advanced improved version of lost  that makes more sense. It is not for everyone (my wife hates it) but it worth a try.

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 09:48:49 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I've been contemplating starting this as well. Seems that it is getting some great buzz. They dubbing turned me off a bit so it is good to know that it isn't a big distraction.

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 10:21:29 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Watched first episode last night, thanks, Roy. I'm running out of stuff to watch. (My wife and I just blazed through Line of Duty (British series) and Hidden (Welsh series).

I like the complicated set up of characters/situations. Not sure if I care for the sci fi aspect to it. Will give it more before judging. Reminds me of Lost, which I liked the first couple of seasons but increasingly got tired of its lack of direction/resolution.

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 11:06:12 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Dark is pretty good. It's a show that is more fun to watch a second time as you are now clued in more and see more hints.

I tend to get Netflix only during the winter so haven't seen season three yet. Hope it will be as interesting as the first two.