Author Topic: Last best offer for A Davis?  (Read 3967 times)

Last best offer for A Davis?
« on: February 16, 2019, 02:52:19 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I know we have THIS season to go, and are a long way from the reality of this situation, but just for fun and debate, what is your last best offer for Davis? 

And please, the offer needs to be serious.  And basically, any offer that does not include Tatum is not serous and can easily be topped by the lakers offer.  Brown, IMO, not good enough to the the centerpiece.

For me, I’m going all in.  Im offering Tatum, brown, Williams, and the rights to the Sac pick plus any fillers.  In no way am I trading smart, Horford, or Hayward (his value at an all time low anyway).

Re: Last best offer for A Davis?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 02:57:21 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Tatum, Smart, Williams, Yabusele, four first-round picks should shut every team up.

Of course, that comes with begging Anthony Davis for an extension agreement.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 02:58:58 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Tatum, Smart or Brown, Williams, Yabu, 3 #1s of NOP's choice SAC #1, MEM #1, better of LAC / BOS #1.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 03:09:56 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
I know we have THIS season to go, and are a long way from the reality of this situation, but just for fun and debate, what is your last best offer for Davis? 

And please, the offer needs to be serious.  And basically, any offer that does not include Tatum is not serous and can easily be topped by the lakers offer.  Brown, IMO, not good enough to the the centerpiece.

For me, I’m going all in.  Im offering Tatum, brown, Williams, and the rights to the Sac pick plus any fillers.  In no way am I trading smart, Horford, or Hayward (his value at an all time low anyway).

So the Celtics were able to get Kyrie Irving for basically one first rounder and role players, but to get Davis, they would have to give up all of their young talent as well as multiple first round picks?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 03:15:19 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 03:13:49 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

So the Celtics were able to get Kyrie Irving for basically one first rounder and role players for, but to get Davis, they would have to give up all of their young talent as well as multiple first round picks?

Keep in mind there’s a lot more demand for Davis. More teams have really good PGs than have gr at big men.

Also, at the time of the trade, IT wasn’t seen as a role player (coming off an All-NBA 2nd Team and 29ppg season), and BRK’s pick wasn’t projected to be mid-lottery (having just landed at #1 overall the prior season).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 03:14:33 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Tatum, Smart or Brown, Williams, Yabu, 3 #1s of NOP's choice SAC #1, MEM #1, better of LAC / BOS #1.

Can the Celtics have Horford, Hayward, Davis, and Kyrie at the same time financially? Wouldn’t that be 4 guys each making $3O million per year?
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 03:16:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
(1) Tatum, MLE Player, Williams, Yabusele ($$$), Kings Pick, Grizzlies Pick, Celtics Pick, 1-2 Future First Rounders.

OR if they happen to like Rozier...

(2) Tatum, MLE Player, Williams, Rozier (S&T), Kings Pick, Grizzlies Pick, Celtics Pick, 1-2 Future First Rounders

That's my ideal hope. Of course, if push comes to shove we may need to include Smart or Brown in the package. But this could still be a package that Pelicans accept if they're super high on Tatum.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 03:18:23 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Can the Celtics have Horford, Hayward, Davis, and Kyrie at the same time financially? Wouldn’t that be 4 guys each making $3O million per year?

Ask Wyc. The only thing preventing it is our budget. Horford’s salary should decrease significantly either next season or the one after.

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2019, 03:34:00 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

In theory aren’t we sending out as much salary as we’re taking back?  And, we would be consolidating brown and Tatum (st least in my offer) who together could make more than Davis on their second contract.

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 03:43:12 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
Tatum, Yabu, MLE player, Rozier S+T, Sac 1st, Mem 1st, and better of LAC/Boston 1sts.

Keep Smart and Brown at all costs.

My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 03:48:41 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Cant trade Both Tatum & Brown
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2019, 03:51:12 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
I don’t care if the Celtics are on his list, he won’t be signing an extension immediately like KG did during the trade with Minnesota. It will be the same scenario as it is right now with Kyrie and they could lose all of their best assets for a one year rental. That seems like too big of a gamble to make.

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2019, 03:51:29 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'm offering Brown, Horford and three first (Kings, Grizz, C's) for AD and Moore.

If some other team beats that offer its fine. Team can live without Davis. I'm just not giving up Tatum who can be a top 10 player in two or three years for a injury prone top 5 player who only has one year left on his deal and may not resign.

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2019, 03:58:19 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

In theory aren’t we sending out as much salary as we’re taking back?  And, we would be consolidating brown and Tatum (st least in my offer) who together could make more than Davis on their second contract.

Yeah, I suppose. Just haven’t heard of any other teams with 4 different players each making $30m a year and I didn’t know if that was something teams are able to do with the salary cap.

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2019, 04:19:30 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Holy smokes.. that is a lot to give up... Teams have trouble beating Tatum, plus Grizzlies pick, let alone Brown added.. Would be bidding against our selves at this point.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different