Author Topic: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)  (Read 18007 times)

GreenEnvy and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)
« Reply #210 on: Yesterday at 11:59:44 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 560
The video today of Kristaps was encouraging. But still not doing any movement really at anywhere close to full speed, and only doing single player drills.

I think I'd say I'm more encouraged this won't be something that drags on deep into the Finals or even deep ECF, but probably still think he's not back by game 1 of the ECF.

« Reply #211 on: Yesterday at 12:15:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
I really think the team needs to get series done and save KP for the finals .

Our backup bigs including X need to step it up .

« Reply #212 on: Yesterday at 01:53:28 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2967
The video today of Kristaps was encouraging. But still not doing any movement really at anywhere close to full speed, and only doing single player drills.

I think I'd say I'm more encouraged this won't be something that drags on deep into the Finals or even deep ECF, but probably still think he's not back by game 1 of the ECF.

I mean, with the conference finals not starting until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, that gives him another 8 or 9 days to heal up. I think that’s definitely doable.

« Reply #213 on: Yesterday at 03:06:54 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

I mean, with the conference finals not starting until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, that gives him another 8 or 9 days to heal up. I think that’s definitely doable.

They start, at the latest, on Tuesday. Maybe as soon as Sunday depending on how things break. If he's not running yet and is only doing drills at half speed I think its pretty unlikely he's at game speed by Tuesday of next week. 

Also, I just don't think there's any chance the Celtics are going to be anything other than VERY cautious with him. They don't need him to win vs Indy or NYK, they will need him in the Finals, and he has a history of these lower leg injuries. If he's back by game 3 I'll consider that a win.

« Reply #214 on: Yesterday at 03:10:13 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25611
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

They start, at the latest, on Tuesday. Maybe as soon as Sunday depending on how things break. If he's not running yet and is only doing drills at half speed I think its pretty unlikely he's at game speed by Tuesday of next week. 

Also, I just don't think there's any chance the Celtics are going to be anything other than VERY cautious with him. They don't need him to beet Indy or NYK, they will need him in the Finals.

Yeah.  We don't need to rush him back and have a Kevin Durant situation.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #215 on: Yesterday at 06:03:08 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 373
I’m not sure anyone is calling to rush KP back.

But if at some point he’s fully healthy do we just sit him for the heck of it? And throw him out cold in a series potentially finals?

« Reply #216 on: Yesterday at 06:20:01 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3029
  • On To Banner 18!
Ultimately with the way things are shaking out, we might be okay without Porzingis until the Finals. I would still love for him to be back in the middle of the ECF if we reach there, even if for him to knock off some rust. But whether it's OKC/DEN/MIN/DAL, we NEED Porzingis in the Finals, period. That's looking ahead though, for now just focus on the Cavs and trust the process with KP
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #217 on: Yesterday at 08:12:04 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3064
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Ultimately with the way things are shaking out, we might be okay without Porzingis until the Finals. I would still love for him to be back in the middle of the ECF if we reach there, even if for him to knock off some rust. But whether it's OKC/DEN/MIN/DAL, we NEED Porzingis in the Finals, period. That's looking ahead though, for now just focus on the Cavs and trust the process with KP
The way our defensive effort has been we’ll need him next round. Shoot we could use him this round if the Cavs go on to steal this one.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #218 on: Yesterday at 09:14:29 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1013
The way our defensive effort has been we’ll need him next round. Shoot we could use him this round if the Cavs go on to steal this one.

We'll need KP. Big Al is not sustainable in these playoffs. So is Kornet.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #219 on: Yesterday at 09:33:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25611
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

But if at some point he’s fully healthy do we just sit him for the heck of it? And throw him out cold in a series potentially finals?

KP hasn't really been fully healthy all year.  The team has been using strategic rest all season.  I don't see that changing.

Extra rest is certainly more beneficial than whatever rust concerns there are.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #220 on: Yesterday at 09:58:50 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

KP hasn't really been fully healthy all year.  The team has been using strategic rest all season.  I don't see that changing.

And to be clear its not even "extra" rest. A grade 2 calf strain which is what this appears to have been is a 3-4 week injury. Given he's a big with a lower leg injury history I don't think it's crazy to think it's more likely he's back mid series (4 weeks) then the very start (3 weeks).

« Reply #221 on: Yesterday at 10:03:14 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 373

And to be clear its not even "extra" rest. A grade 2 calf strain which is what this appears to have been is a 3-4 week injury. Given he's a big with a lower leg injury history I don't think it's crazy to think it's more likely he's back mid series (4 weeks) then the very start (3 weeks).

I could see a mid series return. If we even need him for it.

It’s either the young pacers or beat up knicks who are losing guys left and right.

« Reply #222 on: Yesterday at 10:07:22 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1600

We'll need KP. Big Al is not sustainable in these playoffs. So is Kornet.

at this rate we need KP, X and Q

al has been horrendous offensively. kornet has been serviceable.
LET'S GO CELTICS!