Author Topic: you want to see Stern at work?  (Read 2653 times)

you want to see Stern at work?
« on: February 24, 2013, 03:21:16 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
tune into the Dallas Lakers game... Dallas is getting worked on their own home court.

Absolutely amazing..

4th Quarter of a playoff like game and Lakers gifted two technical fouls that should have been either foul on Lakers or no-call on Dallas.

Re: you want to see Stern at work?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 03:22:06 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Some day the ridiculous NBA/Stern conspiracy theories will come to an end. I guess as soon as Stern is gone next year.

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 03:25:06 PM »

Offline go11celtics

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 28
I doubt it's rigged, but those calls were clearly awful

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 03:36:15 PM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride
I doubt it's rigged, but those calls were clearly awful
Indeed, bad officiating by the refs.

I will bad a TP that Cuban will make a comment that whill get him a fine  ;)
Dutch Celtics Pride

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 03:44:44 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
I hate blaming refs, but that game seemed to be a tip job by the referees. The Lakers were in the bonus for a lot of the 4th, while the Mavs never got there.  The refs missed the foul where Dirk got hit on a shot, and then the ref compounded things by teching him up. 

On the Mayo call on the Kobe layup, not only was it a weak call by Ken Mauer (whom I refer to as Rat Face), some new jack ref was the one who rang up Mayo on the tech. 

The refs also allowed Artest to WWE Dirk the entire fourth quarter.   

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 04:01:21 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I don't want to see Stern at work, I want to see him in the unemployment line...

That being said, Im starting to get annoyed when a player is complaining to on Ref about some thing and the other T's them up. Or like in the Dallas game when the player made a emotional reaction to a play, but not over the top and gets T'd up for it. Van Gundy didn't like it either.

Which brings me to an other thing. Listening to Van Gundy the last few times, he's had some good ideas about how to make things better.

Stern out, Van Gundy in! Or Barkley, at least he'd be funny to listen to! :P 

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 04:11:11 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
How long will fans keep excusing the NBA for showing Lakers favoritism? How many teams will it cost before we can get a consensus that the NBA is either a star or team driven league, and the league will protect its marquee stars and teams.

Pretty basic.

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 04:17:58 PM »

Offline dasani

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
The past two Lakers games were both horribly officiated. Some think that Stern is trying to force them into the playoffs for the ad revenue the Lakers will bring in the postseason. I'm starting to believe that.  ::)

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 04:19:27 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Some day the ridiculous NBA/Stern conspiracy theories will come to an end. I guess as soon as Stern is gone next year.

Don't be naive.

There are conspiracies everywhere. If you do not think that the NBA is immune to this, you are being naive.

There are conspiracies and coverups everywhere.

Tim Donaghy is not smart enough nor capable enough to do what he did by his loneself. No way Jose.

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 04:20:02 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
The past two Lakers games were both horribly officiated. Some think that Stern is trying to force them into the playoffs for the ad revenue the Lakers will bring in the postseason. I'm starting to believe that.  ::)

They were awful in the Celtics game too, but we got out played regardless.

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 04:24:18 PM »

Offline dasani

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32

They were awful in the Celtics game too, but we got out played regardless.
True. I feel the officiating allowed the momentum to change especially.

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 04:24:51 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Whine less, play harder.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 04:28:31 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
They'll continue as long as the most horrid refs like Bavetta and Crawford keep getting the playoff assignments and keep making horrid calls the whole world sees, while the NBA continues to insist these are the world's best refs.

If they're so good they should be better than the college guys. That never happens.

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 04:53:14 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
They'll continue as long as the most horrid refs like Bavetta and Crawford keep getting the playoff assignments and keep making horrid calls the whole world sees, while the NBA continues to insist these are the world's best refs.

If they're so good they should be better than the college guys. That never happens.

Bavetta hasn't reffed a Finals game since 2008, and only reffed 5 playoff games in the last 2 years, all in the first two rounds and none as crew chief.  You may want to update your rationale with a different name pasted in.

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 04:56:48 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I thought this would be a flick where David was passing a paper bag to the refs when passing them in the hall.

Refs must have had monies bet on the game.