Author Topic: Random selection Celtics tickets.. Agree or disagree?  (Read 3305 times)

Random selection Celtics tickets.. Agree or disagree?
« on: September 24, 2008, 12:59:34 PM »

Offline jimmyt

• Author
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 2500
This year the Celtics are doing random selection for Celtics tickets. Personally, I hate random selection. If you really want tix you will show up early and get them. Why should someone who shows up at 6am not get tickets and someone who shows up at 10am get tickets? It doesnt make sense to me at all.

Last year it was first come first serve, and rightfully so. I didn't agree with random selection for playoff tickets. Also, this year tickets arent going on sale an hour in advance at the Garden like they did last year. I'm pretty dissapointed by this.

Random selection or first come first serve?

Re: Random selection Celtics tickets.. Agree or disagree?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 01:05:44 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I know what you're saying but I'm wondering if it's somewhat of a counter to ticket brokers who dominate the early releases.

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 02:06:29 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I know what you're saying but I'm wondering if it's somewhat of a counter to ticket brokers who dominate the early releases.

I think this is part of it.  I also they don't want to encourage people to "camp out" for tickets.  If they have a ton of people camping out for tickets, it can cause safety issues, and most likely liability issues as well.

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 10:08:09 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I have waited in these lines and these scalper clowns are in full force. I see these same people outside of Sox games, too.