Author Topic: Rondo says the Lakers are the best organization he’s played for  (Read 4927 times)

Re: Rondo says the Lakers are the best organization he’s played for
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2018, 10:01:49 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Rondo is just kissing (his boss) Magic Johnson's a$$.

BTW, how can so many people go from thinking the Celtics have a chance to win the title, to being worried about playing the Lakers in the Finals? I think I have a better chance of winning the Powerball then seeing the Lakers in this year's Finals.

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2018, 05:52:02 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
"I need another ring," Rondo said after practice on Monday. "It's simple. I want to be the first to win for the two most historic franchises that's ever put a basketball to use. So, I got one in Boston and I'd love to get one with this organization."

Well, I dug something out and Rondo is wrong.

Clyde Lovellette already won the championship with both teams:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lovelcl01.html

Just as Rondo, he was a 4 time NBA all-star.

For some extra trivia;
As Sam Cassell, he won the whole thing in both his 1st and last NBA season.

So Rondo either:
1) doesn't know of him and is wrong that no one did it before him.
2) doesn't count Minny titles as Laker titles, which would produce some entertainment value of its own.

However it is, he wouldn't be the first to do it. This statements just show that he doesn't know the history of his current NBA team, but also the history of our Celtics, his by far best NBA stop.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 06:15:00 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2018, 06:28:34 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
"I need another ring," Rondo said after practice on Monday. "It's simple. I want to be the first to win for the two most historic franchises that's ever put a basketball to use. So, I got one in Boston and I'd love to get one with this organization."

He is not going to be first, and I think he won't win a ring there, either.  The wheels could fall off for old man Lebron any day now.  He is still a great player, but I don't see them winning it this year.   That will be another year, older.   He already missed more dunks than I have ever seen him last year, it's coming, but he is still the alpha dog, but soon Durant will carry the mantle for a few years, then I hope Tatum.

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2018, 07:38:03 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Troll.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2018, 08:17:33 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

He is not going to be first, and I think he won't win a ring there, either.  The wheels could fall off for old man Lebron any day now. He is still a great player, but I don't see them winning it this year.   That will be another year, older.   He already missed more dunks than I have ever seen him last year, it's coming, but he is still the alpha dog, but soon Durant will carry the mantle for a few years, then I hope Tatum.
While I agree the Lakers aren't winning a title this year, I see no evidence whatsoever that LeBron is starting to tail off.  He had a great season last year and can still impose his will whenever he wants.  The only "chink in the armor" are his minutes especially come playoff time.  He simply cannot keep up this pace of 100 games a year for double-digit years and carrying the scoring load at that.  So yeah, "it's coming" but I still give him another 2-3 years of dominance.

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2018, 04:47:32 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Rondo wanting another contract. All Hot air.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek