Author Topic: Red Claws trade for Morris Almond  (Read 10113 times)

Red Claws trade for Morris Almond
« on: February 18, 2010, 03:47:41 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
From A. Sherrod Blakely's twitter:

On a non-trade deadline but possibly related note, the C's made a D-League trade recently for Morris Almond, the D-League's best scorer.

http://twitter.com/sherrodb

Looks like he could fill one of our empty roster spots if better players aren't bought out.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 03:56:51 PM by Donoghus »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Cs trade for Morris Almond
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 03:48:34 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
yes.....Almond and landry have secured our future  :)

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 03:48:45 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Can really shoot. I will take him.

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 03:49:10 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

He's scoring about 27 ppg in the D-League...if he can give us a 10th of that, I'm cool with it =)
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 03:49:36 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

He's scoring about 27 ppg in the D-League...if he can give us a 10th of that, I'm cool with it =)

2.7 points is cool?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 03:49:54 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
so danny replaced walker just like that ?

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 03:51:52 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'm confused.  Are Almond's rights owned by any NBA team?  I don't think they are.

Therefore, the Celtics either signed him as a free agent, or the Red Claws traded for him.  However, players on the Red Claws are not the property of the Celtics, unless they're assigned there by the Celts.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 03:54:18 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I'm confused.  Are Almond's rights owned by any NBA team?  I don't think they are.

Therefore, the Celtics either signed him as a free agent, or the Red Claws traded for him.  However, players on the Red Claws are not the property of the Celtics, unless they're assigned there by the Celts.

The Red Claws actually traded for him yesterday, I think. He already played his first game in Maine today.

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 03:55:08 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Okay, clarification:

The Maine Red Claws, presented by Quirk Chevrolet, today announced that they have acquired guard Morris Almond and forward TJ Cummings from the Springfield Armor in exchange for guard Tony Bobbitt and forward Noel Felix. The announcement was made by Red Claws President and General Manager Jon Jennings.

The 6-5, 210 lb. Almond is the leading scorer in the NBA D-league, averaging 26.8 points per game in 22 games played this season. A 2007 first round draft pick (26th overall) of the Utah Jazz, the guard out of Rice University split the past two seasons between the Jazz and their NBA D-League affiliate, the Utah Flash. Almond, 25, the all-time leading scorer in Rice history, has 34 NBA games to his credit. In 22 games with the Armor this season, he has averaged more than 40 minutes played per game and appeared in the 2010 NBA D-League All-Star Game this past weekend.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/maine/trade_021510.html

In other words, this has nothing to do with the Celtics, other than maybe Danny Ainge wanting a closer look at him.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 03:56:09 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

The Red Claws actually traded for him yesterday, I think. He already played his first game in Maine today.

Right.  So what does that have to do with the Celts?  It's not like the Celts can make a "trade" with the Red Claws, and we don't own his player rights.

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 03:57:43 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

Right.  So what does that have to do with the Celts?  It's not like the Celts can make a "trade" with the Red Claws, and we don't own his player rights.

Oh, nothing to do with the Celtics.

Re: Red Claws trade for Morris Almond
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 04:08:18 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

On a non-trade deadline but possibly related note, the C's made a D-League trade recently for Morris Almond, the D-League's best scorer.

Looks like he could fill one of our empty roster spots if better players aren't bought out.

TP to the OP for posting about a Red Claws trade....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 04:09:26 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

I'm not saying they'll sign him. Was just pointing out that the timing suggests the Cs could be interested in adding him if no one good is bought out.

I was being i-ron-i-cal. i guess i should have made that clear.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 04:21:51 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

TP to the OP for posting about a Red Claws trade....

Thank you! I'd turn it in if you could get Daryl Morey to come back to the Cs.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 11:48:33 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Was hoping the C's would take a look at him earlier. Question is if he can play D. Would be a good backup for Ray.