Author Topic: WOJ: Wagner, Bonga and Jones Traded to Wizards  (Read 10330 times)

Re: WOJ: Wagner, Bonga and Jones Traded to Wizards
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2019, 04:30:17 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
How many players are on LAL's roster right now?! Gonna be popcorn-worthy viewing watching Pelinka build out the back end of that roster.

This will be the ultimate test of the "super team" hypothesis. That is, we are about to see whether a team with three great players (at least two of them elite) is enough to win a title, role players be [dagged].

« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2019, 04:31:51 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
How many players are on LAL's roster right now?! Gonna be popcorn-worthy viewing watching Pelinka build out the back end of that roster.

This will be the ultimate test of the "super team" hypothesis. That is, we are about to see whether a team with three great players (at least two of them elite) is enough to win a title, role players be [dagged].

The Ring chasers will flock. Health will be the Lakers biggest concern.

« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2019, 04:32:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

What is going to be really fun is when the Lakers are getting blown out on random nights in February when LeBron is resting on a SEGABABA, Davis is nursing a sore shoulder or whatever, and a couple of the creaky vet minimum guys they sign are also out or limited by injury.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2019, 04:36:08 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Exactly. They'll fill out the roster just fine. Especially if they move towards DLo who has a lower max. They'll have another $5m of cap space to spend, then the room exception which is a little more than $4m. They'll get a couple of quality guys to take a discount and then get some vet minimums in there.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2019, 04:59:07 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
All I'm hoping is they DO NOT sign Kawhi Leonard or it's over for the rest of the NBA.

Everyone else I could not care less.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2019, 05:19:34 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Rondo is guaranteed to be one of them.  Both LeBron and Davis have enjoyed playing with him.  He'll take the minimum and a spot in LeBron's movie.

Rondo-Jimmy-LeBron-Kuzma-Davis

oof.....

« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2019, 05:33:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
All I'm hoping is they DO NOT sign Kawhi Leonard or it's over for the rest of the NBA.

Everyone else I could not care less.

pretty sums it up.  Lakers deserve kyrie or CP3 .....to add to their DIVA circus ......Kawhi reaaly doesn't fit that Lakers TV celebrity image or lifestyle OR BIG HEAD butt hole grouping there of.

rondope won't play for a real coach , but he ll gravitate towards the LeTrud types in a heartbeat

« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2019, 06:10:23 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Why would any team want to help Lakers?. probably under the table money going on
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2019, 07:29:49 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Tell me there is a some kind of backdoor deal going on here lol

The Wizards had LA by the balls and all they wanted out of it was a second round pick and Mo Wagner? lol

« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2019, 07:41:03 PM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
So what did Washington send to the Lakers?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2019, 09:32:37 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
I have a feeling the Lakers will use their max slot on getting quality shooters/depth players like JJ Reddick, Brook Lopez, Terry Rozier, Kanter to fill their roster.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2019, 09:43:33 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
I have a feeling the Lakers will use their max slot on getting quality shooters/depth players like JJ Reddick, Brook Lopez, Terry Rozier, Kanter to fill their roster.

If they strike out on Kawhi that’s what they should do.

« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2019, 10:10:29 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743

i think its almost guaranteed that nerlens noel and marcus morris would be added

« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2019, 12:06:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Wondering how the Lakers build any kind of bench if they use this max slot on one player
They won't have much of one. Very shallow team if they get another max player, they'll likely be better next year than this year if that's the case.

They'll probably fall into a serviceable bench by breaking up the cap space after they strike out on all the major FAs.

yes but how?

wouldn't they only have the mid and veteran free agent exception to work with

They would have 5 players signed.  How do you fill up 8-10 roster spots with like 7 million dollars in total to work with  ;D

« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2019, 12:12:11 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Wondering how the Lakers build any kind of bench if they use this max slot on one player
They won't have much of one. Very shallow team if they get another max player, they'll likely be better next year than this year if that's the case.

They'll probably fall into a serviceable bench by breaking up the cap space after they strike out on all the major FAs.

yes but how?

wouldn't they only have the mid and veteran free agent exception to work with

They would have 5 players signed.  How do you fill up 8-10 roster spots with like 7 million dollars in total to work with  ;D

Yeah, only having 3 players signed is crazy, but we've seen this before. IF they were smart, they use the est to grab hi quality players that work well with James and Davis. But if they get a Irving, and use most of what they opened up, they are going to be THIN...

Some players are going to get payed more from other teams, and not every one are ring chasers, some want to set them selves up for the future. It really could go either way for LA.

I've got the popcorn popped as we speak.