Author Topic: Hornets (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Preseason Game#1 10/2/22  (Read 14193 times)

Re: Hornets (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Preseason Game#1 10/2/22
« Reply #240 on: October 02, 2022, 07:13:40 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
My bet is he comes off the bench but finishes games.

« Reply #241 on: October 02, 2022, 07:18:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Brogdon is best point guard and it no even close on this team . Should be one of the top in the East .

« Reply #242 on: October 02, 2022, 08:10:46 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
JD Davison had a good 6 minutes: 2-3 4 pts 1 rbs 4 asts...

« Reply #243 on: October 02, 2022, 09:23:48 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227
I only stayed up for the first half. Kabengele apparently had a huge second. Among our 2 two way guys, is there anyone who showed enough to be considered for elevation to the regular roster?

« Reply #244 on: October 02, 2022, 09:41:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The Celtics won every quarter of the game.

« Reply #245 on: October 02, 2022, 09:45:00 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
I only stayed up for the first half. Kabengele apparently had a huge second. Among our 2 two way guys, is there anyone who showed enough to be considered for elevation to the regular roster?
Kabengele looked very active and did some good things. He looked way more active than Vonleh. So, my guess is he’ll get minutes until Time Lord returns. JD looked very good in his garbage time minutes but, barring several injuries he’s not getting called up any time soon.

« Reply #246 on: October 02, 2022, 09:54:49 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Kabengele looked very active and did some good things. He looked way more active than Vonleh. So, my guess is he’ll get minutes until Time Lord returns. JD looked very good in his garbage time minutes but, barring several injuries he’s not getting called up any time soon.

I’ve thought that Kabengele would beat out Vonleh for a spot on the 15-man for some time, and nothing today changed that for me.  The only question is if he can beat out someone who isn’t currently on the roster (whomever that may be).

If the Celtics didn’t have so many PGs, JD would absolutely be promoted, but they don’t need him so he’ll be a 2-way.  He looks like he belongs out there — can’t wait to see him next season.

« Reply #247 on: October 02, 2022, 10:00:39 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

I’ve thought that Kabengele would beat out Vonleh for a spot on the 15-man for some time, and nothing today changed that for me.  The only question is if he can beat out someone who isn’t currently on the roster (whomever that may be).

If the Celtics didn’t have so many PGs, JD would absolutely be promoted, but they don’t need him so he’ll be a 2-way.  He looks like he belongs out there — can’t wait to see him next season.

Should be able to beat out Kornet. Luke doesn’t really do anything  well and he has no upside.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #248 on: October 02, 2022, 10:38:44 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
watched on tape delay.  tonight's takeaways:
- everyone looked at least decent though the players that looked like they could have had better games: Tatum, White and Vonleh.  hard to believe Vonleh had 9 rebounds but he was underwhelming in the first half.
- team is still way too careless with the ball -- especially in the first half
- players that looked better than expected-- Davison, Hauser and Kabengele.  all looked really good against NBA competition

« Reply #249 on: October 03, 2022, 12:47:49 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Nice big win. Nice to see the Jays coming out big.

Lastly, just preseason guys. But nice to see Celtics basketball back again.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #250 on: October 03, 2022, 06:53:45 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Should be able to beat out Kornet. Luke doesn’t really do anything  well and he has no upside.

I like Kabengele and Vonleh more than Kornet. I mean, I'm sure Luke is a good teammate, but not really sure what he adds on the court more than these two.

« Reply #251 on: October 03, 2022, 08:29:28 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Brogdon really makes that second unit go. I have no doubt that The Celtics would've won the championship last year if we had him.

He would make the first unit go as well. Brogdon is  too good of a player to come off the bench. The C’s would be better off with his shooting ability next to Smart instead of White.

He would be good starting too but I like him off the bench. It'll be a luxury not to have Jaylen or Jayson on the floor and the offense still runs. Brogdon gets open shots for those bench shooters.
Brogdon is going to play A LOT with the starters as a sixth man. Not sure why people get so ruffled about who starts. Malcom has already accepted his role because he knows he will play A LOT with the starters.

« Reply #252 on: October 03, 2022, 08:45:06 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
WE are missing 3 guys and we look like we have too many players. That makes me feel good.

Oh, 4 guys if we include Griffin...
Gallo, Kornet, R-Will and Griffin. If even 2 of those guys play to their potential, this team is unstoppable.

I guess we have to acknowledge the Hornets were missing Bridges, Hayward and Martin. If they had all 3 of those guys, C's still would have won but by a narrower margin. Hornets could take a deep dumpster dive this season, they're just not that good.

« Reply #253 on: October 03, 2022, 08:56:32 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
WE are missing 3 guys and we look like we have too many players. That makes me feel good.

Gallo, Kornet, R-Will and Griffin. If even 2 of those guys play to their potential, this team is unstoppable.

I guess we have to acknowledge the Hornets were missing Bridges, Hayward and Martin. If they had all 3 of those guys, C's still would have won but by a narrower margin. Hornets could take a deep dumpster dive this season, they're just not that good.

I think that we can safely disregard Gallo and Bridges from any discussion for this season.  Neither will see the court this year.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #254 on: October 03, 2022, 09:09:08 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

as we've seen with team every year since Brad was coaching and through last year, they look like world beaters when they hit their 3's.  they live and die by them.  waiting to see how they handle a game when the 3's aren't falling.