Author Topic: Celtics roster:  (Read 4260 times)

Re: Celtics roster:
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2022, 07:40:49 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
G: Smart, Brogdon
G: Jaylen, D White
F: Tatum, (Jaylen), G Will
F: Horford, G Will, Gallo
C: Rob, (Horford), Gallo
You don’t think Brogdon will be starting?

They could

(1) start Brogdon instead of Smart and stay big
(2) start Brogdon instead of Horford and go smaller
(3) keep the starting lineup that was so dominant last season and use Brogdon as a 6th man.

I like the 3rd option best but any of the 3 could happen.

Brad said the plan was for #3. Smart is still the C’s lead guard.

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2022, 08:01:07 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Solid 10 man rotation, plus Kornet and Hauser to get to 12.

Obviously I'd love one more vet that knows his role, but i think its more likely Begarin and Davison are 13-14 and we may be done.

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2022, 08:18:32 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Solid 10 man rotation, plus Kornet and Hauser to get to 12.

Obviously I'd love one more vet that knows his role, but i think its more likely Begarin and Davison are 13-14 and we may be done.

They can both be signed as two-way players. I hope we fill in a couple more vets for the end of the bench.

Mo Bamba

Austin Rivers

Kessler Edwards

Josh Okogie

Caleb and Cody Martin

Collin Sexton

Kyle Guy

Avery Bradley

Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot

Josh Jackson

Jake Layman

Carmelo Anthony

Kent Bazemore

DeAndre’ Bembry

Isaac Bonga

Serge Ibaka

P.J. Dozier

Marcus Garrett

Frank Kaminsky

Drew Eubanks

Luka Samanic

D.J. Wilson

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2022, 08:52:45 PM »

Offline GreenBoomer

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 7
Gallo and Brogdon = strong day.  Rumors are no TPE, but you gotta go all in at this point. Too close to #18 not to.

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2022, 09:02:29 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Gallo and Brogdon = strong day.  Rumors are no TPE, but you gotta go all in at this point. Too close to #18 not to.
The cap number is pretty high but I agree. Go for it. Even if you pull a Schroeder and trade the guy at trade deadline try to add more while you can.

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2022, 09:06:16 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Absolutely have to go all in!

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2022, 09:08:43 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Absolutely have to go all in!
signs are that wyc agrees with this board.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2022, 09:12:13 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557

Our first SF sub off the bench can’t be Jaylen, though. Didn’t realize how big Brogdon is…He can probably play some mins at SF being 6’5”/230lbs. I really don’t want to see Grant at SF…
Also didn’t realize that Brogdon had a 50/40/90 season a few years back. Awesome. :D

Still need to finish the end of the bench... The top ten seems set. I still want more! MORE MORE MORE!!!

need more. bucks will have middleton back and they just signed INGLES! those two can shoot you apart.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2022, 09:17:07 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227

Our first SF sub off the bench can’t be Jaylen, though. Didn’t realize how big Brogdon is…He can probably play some mins at SF being 6’5”/230lbs. I really don’t want to see Grant at SF…
Also didn’t realize that Brogdon had a 50/40/90 season a few years back. Awesome. :D

Still need to finish the end of the bench... The top ten seems set. I still want more! MORE MORE MORE!!!

need more. bucks will have middleton back and they just signed INGLES! those two can shoot you apart.

agreed. Celts don't even sniff the ECF unless Middleton gets hurt.

They got better today, but still need to improve if they want to be considered favorites to come out of the east.

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2022, 09:17:43 PM »

Offline GreenBoomer

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 7
Markkanen with the TPE. Start him, bring Al off the bench.

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2022, 09:18:58 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 97
They will smoke the Bucks.  They ain’t afraid

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2022, 09:24:54 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557

not the point. they are a way better team than we faced with midleton and ingles now. we need another guy
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2022, 09:54:17 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

not the point. they are a way better team than we faced with midleton and ingles now. we need another guy

Where is this guy going to play?  The C's are done making big moves IMO.  They are 10 deep and will be at 9 come playoff time.  One of Gallo/Williams will play pending need at the time.  Defense goes to Williams, Offense goes to Gallo.  Right now they need some deep bench vets who can start in a pinch.  They need a wing and another center. 

Pipe dream is Warren at the vet minimum. 

Vet minimum Bigs
Ibaka?
Bryant
Dieng
DHoward
Biambyo
Cousins

Vet Minimum forwards - Not much out there.  Best bet is taking on part of the TPE to help a team facilitate the Durant or other deal. 
Warren?
Iggy
Melo

I don't think we will see any of the 2nd rounders overseas here next year.  I also think our 2nd rounder this year signs a 2 way and the C's keep 1 roster spot open going into the season.

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2022, 10:23:16 PM »

Offline Greenblood35

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 11

I agree that you can never have enough (quality) depth. It's a long season and as we've seen, somewhat of a war of attrition. There will be injuries, load management games, playoff series that favor certain players/matchups, etc. We should use every tool we have to put ourselves in the best position to be able to adapt to every challenge. We still have the TPE and we should use it. As for other potential moves, I'm not interested in Durant (for Jaylen), but would also love to see us try and find a deal with Brooklyn for Curry or Joe Harris. Wonder what type of sweeteners it would take to swap D. White for Harris. Their salaries are very close. A future first and a pick swap? You pick up a backup Center for Al/Timelord and that team could be a wagon. It's fun to dream anyway.

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2022, 11:31:49 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Really hope we can agree with Thomas Bryant.

He might not sound like a big name, but the guy was looking really, really good before injuries derailed him a bit, but the guy's still got a lot of potential and would be an excellent bench big to have at the vet. minimum. Just 24 years old and he strikes me as someone who would play hard on a championship team while trying to increase his own value again
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller