Author Topic: C’s trade for Malcolm Brogdon  (Read 18394 times)

Re: C’s to trade for Malcolm Brogdon?
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2022, 03:37:20 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
Great trade!

A healthy Brogdon’s a really good player, solid all around Always in the right place at the right time like GPII and Wiggins were during the Finals. Milwaukee choosing Bledsoe over Brogdon turned out well because of Holiday, but that was a blatant mistake.

With the personnel on this team, he won’t have to shoulder a heavy workload. We’re now 9 deep (10 if you count Payton, I do, but Udoka barely trusts him) and have the offensive versatility to match an elite defense. I trust Brogdon and Gallinari to do their jobs and have their playoff moments like White and Grant did.

Nesmith will be a good player, we’re a Championship contender and don’t have the time to wait until he becomes one. Theis is a solid player, Udoka just doesn’t have a high tolerance for his warts.

One 3rd string/serviceable Center and vet minimum players (Ibaka) to round out the roster and this team is complete. This team is now built to win 60+ games and win the Finals. Stevens is a mastermind.

« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2022, 03:37:39 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
So, do we think it means white or smart(better not) are getting moved for a big?

Brogdon when healthy is going to play serious minutes for us. His last playoff series in 20, 21 and 10 assists per game(they only a played four games though). His FT percentage is lights  out so end of games are a yes.  When healthy he can really help disrupt the other team. I think he will flourish on our team.

I have a strong feeling another show is going to drop, most likely to Hawks but we will see.
I would advise White not to buy a house. I also think there's a good chance the PP isn't on the opening night roster.

There has to be another move. Not at all sure what it is but I don’t see this as our day 1 lineup.

« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2022, 03:39:37 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Unless everyone is down with the koumbaya spirit and everyone plays reduced minutes, I don’t see how all of White/Brogdon/Smart share the minutes with keeping everyone happy. I think there is likely another move coming at some point.

« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2022, 03:42:33 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
So, do we think it means white or smart(better not) are getting moved for a big?

Brogdon when healthy is going to play serious minutes for us. His last playoff series in 20, 21 and 10 assists per game(they only a played four games though). His FT percentage is lights  out so end of games are a yes.  When healthy he can really help disrupt the other team. I think he will flourish on our team.

I have a strong feeling another show is going to drop, most likely to Hawks but we will see.
I would advise White not to buy a house. I also think there's a good chance the PP isn't on the opening night roster.

There has to be another move. Not at all sure what it is but I don’t see this as our day 1 lineup.
It doesn't look like they're done. They can get by with the current roster - Smart, White & Brogdon can all guard bigger guys - but I think there are too many overlapping skill sets.  If I'm PP I'm disappointed because my minutes are now gone.  His agent may be on the speed dial with Brad asking for a move.

I don't see more than 9 guys playing every night. That's not Ime's style.

« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2022, 03:43:03 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Unless everyone is down with the koumbaya spirit and everyone plays reduced minutes, I don’t see how all of White/Brogdon/Smart share the minutes with keeping everyone happy. I think there is likely another move coming at some point.
Been said, but there's always injuries (jinx) and this team has enough multi-position players to make up for that.  No need for another move though another wing would be nice.

« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2022, 03:45:05 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1438

Smart and Brogdon can play the 1/2/3. They have the size and defensive ability. White can play the 1/2.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #126 on: July 01, 2022, 03:45:06 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Been said, but there's always injuries (jinx) and this team has enough multi-position players to make up for that.  No need for another move though another wing would be nice.
I get that but $22 mil is a lot to just play like 20-25 mins a game. If ownership doesn’t care invisibly then great. As a fan I want the best talent possible obviously but I don’t trust or believe Wyc when he says about spending money and fireworks etc.

« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2022, 03:45:44 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2408

Smart played 32mpg last year up to 36mpg in the playoffs. D White played 27mpg last year down to 25mpg in the playoffs.

I expect Brogdon will need 28-32mpg to be happy.

If Jaylen splits his time between guard and forward & Tatum plays a few PF minutes in small ball lineups. Of course those two played a lot more in the playoffs at 38mpg and 41mpg. That will things tougher.

D White is the guy most vulnerable to getting 24-25mpg in the regular season to 20mpg in the postseason to make sure everyone else who are all more talented than him get the minutes they deserve.

« Reply #128 on: July 01, 2022, 03:46:55 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Might be easier to bring Brogdon off the bench in terms of keeping everyone happy in terms of touches and shot attempts.

I wonder if it may be difficult keeping Brogdon, Jaylen and Tatum happy and all as involved as they would like if all three are starting.

Bringing Brogdon off the bench allows you spread their minutes a bit easier and distribute shots and touches easier. Keep 2 of the 3 on the court at all times to maintain the offense. Finish the game will all 3 on the floor.
Given the struggles at times last year and the finals I'm changing it up. Bring Al off the bench. He is 36, coming off the bench he may smoke teams and dominate more.

Start
Brog, Smart, JB, JT, TL
Bench
PP, White, GW, Gallo, Al

« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2022, 03:48:20 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2408
I see a nice 8 man rotation with one of Gallo or G Will being the odd man out. If they try to play all 9 guys, I see G Will or Gallo being unhappy due to a lack of playing time.

« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2022, 03:49:49 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Can mods or OP remove ? From title? Making me nervous!!

« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2022, 03:52:55 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
Might be easier to bring Brogdon off the bench in terms of keeping everyone happy in terms of touches and shot attempts.

I wonder if it may be difficult keeping Brogdon, Jaylen and Tatum happy and all as involved as they would like if all three are starting.

Bringing Brogdon off the bench allows you spread their minutes a bit easier and distribute shots and touches easier. Keep 2 of the 3 on the court at all times to maintain the offense. Finish the game will all 3 on the floor.
Given the struggles at times last year and the finals I'm changing it up. Bring Al off the bench. He is 36, coming off the bench he may smoke teams and dominate more.

Start
Brog, Smart, JB, JT, TL
Bench
PP, White, GW, Gallo, Al
Remove PP and I think you have it - with Bryant or TBA assuming the Theis role of swinging between filling in at the 4/5 and DNP. That team gets you 60 wins but I can still see another move coming if you can get somone who's a better fit guarding the good 3's to come off the bench.  Jay Crowder for example may be available and he's cheaper than White.

« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2022, 03:53:43 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I see a nice 8 man rotation with one of Gallo or G Will being the odd man out. If they try to play all 9 guys, I see G Will or Gallo being unhappy due to a lack of playing time.
Possibly, but it seems like they HAVE TO expand the rotation to avoid the burnout we saw in the playoffs. Addressing the depth problem was a major goal for this off-season.

« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2022, 03:55:30 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
You underestimate Grant. The challenge is going to be keeping him around not him losing minutes.
He has become an excellent defender plus he rebounds and hustles. He's one of Ime's guys.

« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2022, 03:55:38 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 151
Is the 2023 number 1 pick protected in any way? I know it seems highly unlikely the Celtics will be lottery bound next year. Then again, injuries can decimate a team.