Author Topic: NBA Off Season 2022  (Read 104374 times)

Re: NBA Off Season 2022
« Reply #225 on: June 30, 2022, 09:46:20 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Murray to the Hawks for Gallo, 3 firsts, and one swap.

There's no way I think Murray will succeed next to Young. Feel bad for him really.

We could've matched that...

Maybe Udoka didn’t have a great experience with Murray as an assistant for three years.  Or maybe we did match that, and the Spurs thought they’d rather have some unprotected Hawks picks instead of unprotected Celtics’ picks.

The chances of the Hawks picks in 25 and 27 are much better to be higher then the C's. 

« Reply #226 on: June 30, 2022, 09:57:43 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

There's no way I think Murray will succeed next to Young. Feel bad for him really.

Maybe Udoka didn’t have a great experience with Murray as an assistant for three years.  Or maybe we did match that, and the Spurs thought they’d rather have some unprotected Hawks picks instead of unprotected Celtics’ picks.

The chances of the Hawks picks in 25 and 27 are much better to be higher then the C's.

Charlotte's as well.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #227 on: June 30, 2022, 10:28:53 AM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
OKC turn down team option for Lu Dort. He will be a restricted FA. OKC is expected to match MLE offers.

This Brunson situation has been a wake up call for teams with good 2nd round players trending upward.

I’m doubling down on the defense and inquiring on OKC/Dort’s price to acquire him. If it’s in a range that is appropriate (without giving up a 1-7 rotation player), I strongly consider.

He’s the perfect young piece for this team. An elite defender 1-3, has the size, strength, and skill to guard 4s, shot +35% on 3P, and, most importantly, has performed well in limited playoff experience (had Harden playing keep away) and can swing a playoff game.

« Reply #228 on: June 30, 2022, 10:42:27 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
OKC turn down team option for Lu Dort. He will be a restricted FA. OKC is expected to match MLE offers.

This Brunson situation has been a wake up call for teams with good 2nd round players trending upward.

I’m doubling down on the defense and inquiring on OKC/Dort’s price to acquire him. If it’s in a range that is appropriate (without giving up a 1-7 rotation player), I strongly consider.

He’s the perfect young piece for this team. An elite defender 1-3, has the size, strength, and skill to guard 4s, shot +35% on 3P, and, most importantly, has performed well in limited playoff experience (had Harden playing keep away) and can swing a playoff game.
Is a free agent so would necessitate a sign and trade that isn't happening

« Reply #229 on: June 30, 2022, 10:48:33 AM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391
I’ve seen a few people saying the Celtics never make any off-season moves. My question is, is there any other team in the league that has acquired more all stars in the off-season in the last ten years? They didn’t work out great for the most part, but can anyone compete with acquiring Kemba, Horford, hayward and irving?

« Reply #230 on: June 30, 2022, 10:50:25 AM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391

I have a hard time judging dorts value because he has primarily been playing on a g league team. I don’t doubt he is a good defender, but the offensive part is a lot harder to figure out. I’m seen some people estimates giving him 15 million a year.

« Reply #231 on: June 30, 2022, 11:02:03 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I’ve seen a few people saying the Celtics never make any off-season moves. My question is, is there any other team in the league that has acquired more all stars in the off-season in the last ten years? They didn’t work out great for the most part, but can anyone compete with acquiring Kemba, Horford, hayward and irving?
without players colluding to play for a team -- I don't think so.  also throw in that C's acquired those players without breaking up their core to do so (IT is debatable but with his injury, he was at the end of his productive run in Boston)

« Reply #232 on: June 30, 2022, 11:12:29 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Celtics assistant Will Hardy has been named the head coach of the Jazz. From what I understand he was our offensive guru, and we already needed better offensive performance as is.

https://apple.news/AwbcP6Dm8TlCTixF7ciWhWw

Brad needs to be on the phone with Mike D'Antoni. He and Ime worked together in Brooklyn, wonder if he'll be interested in a lead assistant opening for the EC champs.

I’m on board. Pace, space and paint shots is exactly what this team needs.

Also, I’m hoping we can use the Fournier TPE on a starting/6th man caliber wing. That would allow the taxpayer MLE to go to a 3rd big or an older high assist/TO PG.

Realistic TPE wing targets off the top of my head:

Kyle Kuzma (Wiz) (I’d give up a 1st)
KCP (Wiz) (2nd)
Kennard (LAC) (2nd)
Powell (LAC) (1st)
JRich (SAS) (2nd)
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #233 on: June 30, 2022, 11:17:58 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

I have a hard time judging dorts value because he has primarily been playing on a g league team. I don’t doubt he is a good defender, but the offensive part is a lot harder to figure out. I’m seen some people estimates giving him 15 million a year.

That $15mil looks fair to me. A standout defensive player with a developing offensive game. Not as developed offensively as Smart to justify $20mil per but trending in the right way (offensively) and worth more than the MLE at $10mil per. Somewhere in between, even directly in between, feels right to me.

I'd love to have him. Not sure what it would take to get him though. Theis and cap filler (Nesmith?) & a 1st or two 1sts. Not sure I'd do 2 1sts. I would do 1 1st.

« Reply #234 on: June 30, 2022, 11:19:32 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

25 sure, I don't know that you can say that about 27.  That is so far in the future that not a single player on either team is under contract for the 26-27 season.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #235 on: June 30, 2022, 02:50:02 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Oh boy.

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
31s
Kevin Durant has requested a trade out of Brooklyn, sources tell
@TheAthletic

@Stadium

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #236 on: June 30, 2022, 02:51:48 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
Oh boy.

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
31s
@TheAthletic

@Stadium

Oh wow, that’s crazy. I wonder if he knows that Kyrie is a goner still, or just tired of his crap.

« Reply #237 on: June 30, 2022, 02:52:15 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
Oh boy.

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
31s
@TheAthletic

@Stadium

'Cause Kyrie is staying?

LOL

« Reply #238 on: June 30, 2022, 02:52:40 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Oh boy.

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
31s
@TheAthletic

@Stadium

Wow. My prediction is Portland, but I genuinely think he can pick his destination, given how the Nets granted him so much player control.

« Reply #239 on: June 30, 2022, 02:58:08 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Come on KD to Boston let's go Brad make it happen. Throw JB on the table lets gooo

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)