Author Topic: Summer of Durant Part II (Durant asks for trade)  (Read 16576 times)

Re: Summer of Durant Part II?
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2022, 03:09:02 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
I wouldn't trade for him. 34 years old and injury prone.

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2022, 04:11:02 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Depends what Nets are asking for.. I wouldn’t give up a lot for him right now in his career
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2022, 06:41:59 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Celtics Twitter is going crazy tonight. Durant liked Scals’ tweet proposing trading Jaylen for Durant, and Jaylen liked tweet saying Celtics fans really disrespect Him. All the Celtic fans are freaking out that his feelings are hurt and telling him how much they love him. Kind of wild.

If I were an NBA player I’d stay off of Twitter the last week of June and first week of February.  Very easy to get your feelings hurt — I know I couldn’t take it.

Also, shame on Scal for tweeting something like that.  He’s a borderline organizational mouthpiece — I’d be ticked if I were Jaylen.

I mean, he works for NBC Sports Boston, not the Celtics.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2022, 07:17:25 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I wouldn't trade for him. 34 years old and injury prone.

I would trade for him, but not JB!  You need to add to JB and JT not take one away, especially JB.

"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2022, 07:36:56 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Celtics Twitter is going crazy tonight. Durant liked Scals’ tweet proposing trading Jaylen for Durant, and Jaylen liked tweet saying Celtics fans really disrespect Him. All the Celtic fans are freaking out that his feelings are hurt and telling him how much they love him. Kind of wild.

If I were an NBA player I’d stay off of Twitter the last week of June and first week of February.  Very easy to get your feelings hurt — I know I couldn’t take it.

Also, shame on Scal for tweeting something like that.  He’s a borderline organizational mouthpiece — I’d be ticked if I were Jaylen.

I mean, he works for NBC Sports Boston, not the Celtics.

And NBC Sports Boston is part owned by the Celtics.

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2022, 08:33:00 AM »

Offline TatumsLebronsDad

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1

You sure KD liked Scals tweet? I've seen nothing about this

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2022, 09:51:08 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I'd rather keep Brown.   Durant is already showing his age somewhat.

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2022, 10:12:45 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
As a reminder, the Nets outright owe Houston unprotected 1sts in 2024 and 2026, and have unprotected swaps with them in 2023, 2025, and 2027 as part of the Harden deal.

This could get really bad for the Nets really quickly, for the second time in a decade.
They also own Philly's 1st in 23 and 27. That does allow them to trade a pick in the next draft since they have Philly's and the lesser or theirs or Houston's.

You’re missing the point.  If their team blows up because of this, they could be sending a lot of high draft picks away.
I didn't miss that point at all.  They are arguably better off trading Durant for younger pieces.  The fact that they own Philly's picks, give them more chances to do things, which was the point I was making.

Are you saying it doesn’t matter if they go young and get worse and just send the lottery picks from a rebuild to Houston?
Why would trading Durant lead to a rebuild?  I mean if they traded Durant to Boston for Brown and White, are they going to be sending lottery picks to Houston?  I'd think not and in fact, they'd be in a better position to not send lottery picks to Houston in 26 and 27 for sure and potentially even 25.  Durant isn't exactly young and in Brooklyn he would be carry a much larger load than he would be in Boston next to Tatum.  Now trading Durant for Brown and White would lessen Brooklyn's odds a championship over the next couple of seasons because Durant is clearly the best player, but it also might set them up much better long term as they build around Brown and Simmons who are both in their mid-20's. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2022, 11:46:51 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

You sure KD liked Scals tweet? I've seen nothing about this

I thought he liked an article quoting Scal in favor of the trade on twitter, but can't find it .  Hasn't shown up in subsequent searches so I probably misread that "like" by Durant.  Sorry about that.

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2022, 05:22:00 PM »

Offline TatumsLebronsDad

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
No you're right he did like the tweet, someone posted it on reddit, I tried showing the photo but I don't know how to upload pictures on here

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2022, 06:19:32 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Kyrie needs to leave Brooklyn first before Durant becomes a possibility.  But if that does happen...  I would be very excited if Durant comes to Boston!!

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2022, 11:06:11 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Let’s face it: KD knows he screwed up joining Golden State instead of Boston in 2016 with his pal Horford. But it’s not too late for KD to force his way here to team up with JT, Horford, Smart et al. No hard feelings for Kyrie since he’d be pairing up with JB, someone he apparently consults with these days? JB may relish the opportunity to get out of JT’s shadow? This can be a win-win for all involved. Go look at KD’s stats and tell me you’re not excited by the prospect.

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2022, 11:08:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Let’s face it: KD knows he screwed up joining Golden State instead of Boston in 2016 with his pal Horford. But it’s not too late for KD to force his way here to team up with JT, Horford, Smart et al. No hard feelings for Kyrie since he’d be pairing up with JB, someone he apparently consults with these days? JB may relish the opportunity to get out of JT’s shadow?
I'm sure he regrets winning two titles and two Finals MVPs
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2022, 11:10:02 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Let’s face it: KD knows he screwed up joining Golden State instead of Boston in 2016 with his pal Horford. But it’s not too late for KD to force his way here to team up with JT, Horford, Smart et al. No hard feelings for Kyrie since he’d be pairing up with JB, someone he apparently consults with these days? JB may relish the opportunity to get out of JT’s shadow?

Especially after Curry/Klay/Dray can basically say in so many words, “see? We can do it without KD. Won a title before KD and a title after KD. Don’t need him—he really needed us. We don’t need to stack the deck to win it all.”

If I were KD, I’d definitely force my way into Boston.

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2022, 06:02:58 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Especially after Curry/Klay/Dray can basically say in so many words, “see? We can do it without KD. Won a title before KD and a title after KD. Don’t need him—he really needed us. We don’t need to stack the deck to win it all.”

If I were KD, I’d definitely force my way into Boston.
Except yesterday Draymond was all over the news for saying they never would have won those titles without Durant, claiming Curry was not the player then that he is now.