Author Topic: How are we feeling heading into game 6?  (Read 6835 times)

Re: How are we feeling heading into game 6?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2022, 08:27:13 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I think the first quarter is key. Closeout games are always hard and a wounded animal is dangerous. If we are able to withstand their onslaught I think we'll win.

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2022, 08:30:56 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Boston is starting out as a 9 point favorite.  Miami is beat up.  The Garden will be rocking.  But the Heat are not going to go down without a fight.  The Celtics better be ready for that or they could find themselves down early in this game.

Logically I feel that the Celtics are in a great place but emotionally I am worried.

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2022, 08:33:43 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
Better than I did.going into.5. Heat look deleted both mentally and physically.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2022, 08:44:36 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I feel fairly confident - It's not that we look great, we certainly look a bit worn at this stage.. it's more that Miami looks absolutely cooked. Something is clearly bothering Butler, Lowry is a shell of himself and Bam can't do it on his own.

At this stage I think it's just a matter of us not beating ourselves, and at home to go to the finals with the Garden crowd, I think the C's will be ready to dominate. Adrenaline alone should be enough to push us into the finals.

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2022, 08:54:34 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Feeling pretty good, pending the dreaded #NEBHInjuryReport.  Who knows what joint of what player is going to swell up overnight the way this series is going.

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2022, 09:25:36 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Even though I think that we would win a Game 7 on the road, it's really important to win Game 6.  The Finals start on June 2.  Fives days worth of rest is a lot more beneficial than three, especially where we'd be flying to California.

We need to get our guys rejuvenated.  It's been two really physical series in a row.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2022, 09:53:56 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Even though I think that we would win a Game 7 on the road, it's really important to win Game 6.  The Finals start on June 2.  Fives days worth of rest is a lot more beneficial than three, especially where we'd be flying to California.

We need to get our guys rejuvenated.  It's been two really physical series in a row.

I agree, the five days to give Smart's ankle, RWill's knee, and Tatum's shoulder some down time is important.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2022, 10:00:57 AM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 169
I am confident. I feel like the team has learned how to win.

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2022, 10:01:54 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Celtics close it out tomorrow night. 

Won't be a letdown this time.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2022, 10:05:01 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590

100%

They won't beat GS in their current condition. They have to get some guys out of the ER if they're going to have a shot at winning it all.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2022, 10:46:06 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Nervous as usual, but I feel good. For one, no one seemed to get hurt or suffer setbacks so I think again, the C's could go into tomorrow's game with everyone available again (only the 2nd time this series besides Game 5). I also think it's encouraging that Jaylen and Tatum took us home last night and I sense there'll be a killer mentality from both guys to seal the deal tomorrow.

I think it'll be the kind of game where it's close in the 1st quarter and Miami plays like the desperate team, but then the C's go on a bit of a run in the 2nd to pull away a little and then just stay in front for the 2nd half. That's my gut feeling.

I'll admit I did feel really good (and probably overconfident) heading into Game 3 and then obviously that game happened (welp). But look, if that game turns out to be the "outlier" in this series, then so be it. I can't imagine the C's will come out that flat again this series and if they do, well then maybe they didn't deserve the Finals anyways. C's have to come out smelling blood and feed off the TD Garden energy.

There's a chance Butler comes alive and the Heat's shooters all decide to shoot great, but you can also tell a lot of those guys are hobbled and Herro's status still seems up in the air. I don't think he's dealing with something minor, the reports even said if this was regular season he'd probably miss at least 2 weeks. If the C's shoot well like they did the 2nd half yesterday they're good.

Miami's defensive intensity has also seemed to get zapped in the last few games, it's just the C's were missing so many open looks in the 1st half yesterday which is why they were down 5 at halftime.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2022, 11:15:13 AM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 244
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
we need to Play good basketball for 4 quarters. Rebound, cut the dumb turn overs. move to Rock more Derrick white- I am not happy with the First half - We need Focus like game 2. Complete Focus.

Tatum- Keeping attacking the mid range and keep getting to the cup
Jaylen- Turnovers Limit the dribbling.
Derrick white- Keep doing you Playa- Loved game 5.
AL horford- I love when he looks to attack- Heat have no Answer-
Marcus - I feel like hes going to have a huge game- another day of rest with the Ankle.
TimeLord- Hopefully he can suit up.

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2022, 11:31:55 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2022, 11:34:14 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I'm feeling pretty good actually. Our defense is solid as you can see below, the Heat are hurt even more than we are, and we can close them out tomorrow at home.

Besides, Big Al knows he's playing for a ring. I hope he gets it.

Anthony Chiang @Anthony_Chiang 2 minutes ago

Three of Heat's four worst half-court offensive performances of the season have come against the Celtics -- two of them in this series. In ECF, Heat has scored 84.2 points per 100 half-court plays, per @Ben Falk. That would have ranked last in the NBA this regular season.

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2022, 11:39:15 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
So, I watched all the Skip, patbev,  Steven a punditry..

It's incredible how everyone downplays, like,  18 quarters of insanely structured defense, in order to explain this Heat mess.

Maybe we do reach the finals and get blown out of the water, but yeah, defense is extremely important in the playoffs.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.