Author Topic: Julius Randle Available?  (Read 3943 times)

Re: Julius Randle Available?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2022, 06:37:17 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I heard on NBA TV that the Knicks were looking to dump Kemba and Fournier and it made me smile.

;D

I really want the Celtics to forget about the luxury tax and trade for Fournier (getting a pick for him) using his own exception.  Not that I want him on the team, just because it would be funny to trade or a player using the exception you got by trading him away.

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2022, 06:39:22 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I heard on NBA TV that the Knicks were looking to dump Kemba and Fournier and it made me smile.

;D

I really want the Celtics to forget about the luxury tax and trade for Fournier (getting a pick for him) using his own exception.  Not that I want him on the team, just because it would be funny to trade or a player using the exception you got by trading him away.

Maybe the Lakers trade for him, LOL...

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2022, 06:45:51 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412

;D

Fournier and Kemba for Westbrook

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2022, 06:49:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178

;D

Fournier and Kemba for Westbrook

Oh, that's a beauty.

TP

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2022, 07:01:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

;D

Maybe Danny will put them on Utah …..he fell for it once maybe Kemba agent can fleece him again.

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2022, 07:05:36 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
I mean, it depends on the asking price, but I find this really intriguing. If his shooting last year wasn’t a fluke, I could see Randle working really well as a third star behind the Jays, and he fits our timeline well. He’d also allow us to keep Smart as a starting PG given Randle’s passing and playmaking, leading to an incredibly lethal two-way starting lineup of Smart, Brown, Tatum, Randle, and Timelord.

And I think his down year this year is being a bit overblown. I think the issue is mainly that the league has now caught on to how good Randle is and adjusted appropriately. He’s clearly not good enough to be a true #1, and his surrounding cast isn’t exactly killing it. I think we’d see a much more efficient Randle here in Boston with less attention on him.

The other factor to consider is that - who else can we realistically get to support the Jays better than Randle? Beal seems to be out, and his fit was questionable anyways. Don’t really see anything else out there, so I’m all for this for the right price.

If we could do it with some combo of Horford, Nesmith, Romeo, and picks I say go for it. You’re a contender for the foreseeable future this way.

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2022, 08:40:10 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
What would the Knicks want for Randle?

I don't understand what Boston has that NY would want. They are trying to move forwards and win. Boston cannot offer any star to replace Randle or win-now package. They also cannot offer any high quality prospects who someday may replace Randle. They can only offer middling to late future first round picks.

Randle is 28 years old. He is not overpaid.

Why would he be available for such a low trade package?

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2022, 09:16:04 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
 Terrible fit he is a ball stopper who needs to be the #1 option. Not what the Cs need along side the Jays.

It would be interesting to see him traded to the Spurs, if Pop can get him moving the ball more he could be good there
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2022, 01:06:06 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I'd do a Maximum offer Of Two Firsts, Smart, Romeo, Nesmith

Timelord
Randle
Tatum
Brown
Schroder

That team could do some serious damage this year,  and we get a pass first PG that can shoot and more depth that team could be very good.

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2022, 01:20:13 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Terrible fit he is a ball stopper who needs to be the #1 option. Not what the Cs need along side the Jays.

It would be interesting to see him traded to the Spurs, if Pop can get him moving the ball more he could be good there

We'd have at least one really good threat to drive the ball all the time. Randle, Brown, Tatum.

Same thing with Brandon Ingram actually.

Jerami Grant isn't a bad fallback either.

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2022, 02:35:31 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
I wouldn’t know what it would take to get him but I think he’s a big the team needs. If the new rules are here to stay, then I’m pretty sure small ball is dead. Centers are going to be much more impactful once more (thank goodness we have TL) and running double bigs isn’t as bad of a strategy as it was a few years ago.

Randle is a highly skilled 4 and as a 3rd or 2nd star (depending how you view him vs JB) he can shine.

xx-Brown-Tatum-Randle-Timelord

That’s really legit. We might even get away with running Pritchard with that group if he could ever figure out how to make an entry pass.
- LilRip

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2022, 02:39:18 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
Centers are going to be much more impactful once more (thank goodness we have TL) and running double bigs isn’t as bad of a strategy as it was a few years ago.

Off topic, is that why you think the Cavs are so succesful now? I don't watch enough to know, but it's very interesting.

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2022, 02:49:00 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
Centers are going to be much more impactful once more (thank goodness we have TL) and running double bigs isn’t as bad of a strategy as it was a few years ago.

Off topic, is that why you think the Cavs are so succesful now? I don't watch enough to know, but it's very interesting.

It could be. Cavs are good because of their defense and the new rules have brought back defense in a big way. Like, I’m convinced the increased physicality has allowed for a resurgence in Horford. He’s “fouling” a lot out there by last years standards. A bunch of his blocks come off of a collision which throws the driving guard off balance and Horford is able to swallow up the shot afterwards.

So yeah, it’s a good hypothesis I think. Their rookie is good particularly because of his defense and well, it wouldve been hard to play defense (inside or outside) when everything used to be a foul.

- LilRip

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2022, 03:22:39 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen

It could be. Cavs are good because of their defense and the new rules have brought back defense in a big way. Like, I’m convinced the increased physicality has allowed for a resurgence in Horford. He’s “fouling” a lot out there by last years standards. A bunch of his blocks come off of a collision which throws the driving guard off balance and Horford is able to swallow up the shot afterwards.

So yeah, it’s a good hypothesis I think. Their rookie is good particularly because of his defense and well, it wouldve been hard to play defense (inside or outside) when everything used to be a foul.

You're right, last couple seasons the fouls were pretty atrocious. The game is actually pretty good to watch now, despite the Celts not playing that well.

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2022, 07:46:18 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Last year's efficiency looks like it was a fluke for Randle.  I don't think the current Randle really adds very much that will help win games.  If you like last year's Randle you may as well go after the highly efficient John Collins instead.  I think Collins helps you win games even though he isn't the playmaker that we are all craving.  I've liked some of the Collins trade proposals that I've seen on here centering around Smart/Horford/draft pick.