Author Topic: Julius Randle Available?  (Read 3939 times)

Julius Randle Available?
« on: January 27, 2022, 03:18:28 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
https://hoopshype.com/2022/01/27/knicks-open-to-trading-julius-randle/

Could be a nice fit here alongside the Jay's

He's struggled this season but he would be asked to do a lot less here then he has to do in NY

Re: Julius Randle Available?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 03:22:01 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I don't trust him as a supporting star. He needs a lot of the ball. I do not trust how effective he can be in a smaller role.

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 03:49:03 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Like his energy, but not his game.  Pass.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 03:54:08 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I liked him in the draft, was ticked when Danny took Smart over Randle.  Maybe we can trade Smart for Randle, I'd do it!  I'll drive Smart to NY if needed.  He's only putting up 19/10/5 PPG/RPG/APG.  What's not to like about his game. 

TL/Randle/Tatum/Brown/Denis.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 04:01:45 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I liked him in the draft, was ticked when Danny took Smart over Randle.  Maybe we can trade Smart for Randle, I'd do it!  I'll drive Smart to NY if needed.  He's only putting up 19/10/5 PPG/RPG/APG.  What's not to like about his game. 

TL/Randle/Tatum/Brown/Denis.

This is where I'm at

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2022, 04:47:58 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Randle is a good player that had an incredible year last year on offense.  He isn't worth the money he got paid and he needs to be the focal point of an offense. His game isn't built to be a low usage player.

If you remove last years aberrant performance he's basically the inverse of Smart. I honestly think Smart is a better fit with the Js and frankly he has more trade value than Randle because of their respective salaries and the fact Smart's game let's him plat with anyone.

By the off season I think Randle's contract will be considered a negative value.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2022, 04:58:55 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Smart for Randle lets go!!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2022, 05:19:34 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1765
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Randle is a good player that had an incredible year last year on offense.  He isn't worth the money he got paid and he needs to be the focal point of an offense. His game isn't built to be a low usage player.

If you remove last years aberrant performance he's basically the inverse of Smart. I honestly think Smart is a better fit with the Js and frankly he has more trade value than Randle because of their respective salaries and the fact Smart's game let's him plat with anyone.

By the off season I think Randle's contract will be considered a negative value.

Tatum probably isn't a fan either. Randle going supernova last season made it so Tatum was left off All-NBA. He lost like $32M by not making it.

Of course I don't think Tatum hates Randle for this, but the Cs might also not be the best match. I'm thinking NYK isn't necessarily trying to dump Randle for role players either.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2022, 05:25:40 PM »

Offline KeepBigAl

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
 I'd rather have Collins for 5M more/year if he is truly available....but getting him without trading Brown seems difficult.

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2022, 05:37:59 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440
Randle is having a down year, but he was pretty great last season averaging 24pts, 10reb and 6ast per game. He also shot 80% from the line and 41% from 3pt. He plays hard all the time and would Be a solid 3rd option. Smart or Schroder, Brown, Tatum, Randle, Timelord... sounds pretty good to me.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2022, 06:01:41 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
If the Celtics could somehow swing Horford and some amount of draft compensation/prospects for Randle, that could be interesting.  His shooting is off this year, but everything else is pretty similar.  It’s unclear how much NY may have soured on his contract and their general team construction.  I’d be less excited if they want rotation players back other than Horford.  He’s a great passer and it would limit the need for the team to look at other PG options.

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2022, 06:16:28 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I heard on NBA TV that the Knicks were looking to dump Kemba and Fournier and it made me smile.

;D

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2022, 06:31:36 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
41.2% FG% 30.7% 50.8% TS% shooting this year.

Was his 3pt shooting last year just a fluke? It looks that way. Heck, it looked that way most of last year too.

3.5 TOs to go along with the bad scoring efficiency and the 5 assists 10 rebounds per game.

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2022, 06:31:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Do not think he would be a fit at all next to Tatum and Brown tbh
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2022, 06:34:39 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Do not think he would be a fit at all next to Tatum and Brown tbh

Agree. Not a good third guy.