Author Topic: January 20th Trade Ideas  (Read 9482 times)

Re: January 20th Trade Ideas
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2022, 10:38:52 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
I don't think it would take much to get held.  Sac wants to dump his salary. 

They do? What's your source on that?

« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2022, 10:48:17 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Is CJ McCollum available? As much as a PG would be nice, I'm not sure how effective one would be with this offense, since everyone just stands around. A PG needs player movement to shine. I think McCollum could handle the PG duties here, but also adds great shooting too. I'm just not sure what it would cost, but hopefully Brad looks into it.

« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2022, 08:23:06 AM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
By the way, this bit about John Collins trade value caught my attention:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2952819-nba-head-rumor-intel-latest-on-collins-turner-mccollum-grant-more?share=other

One team contacted by Atlanta regarding Collins told Bleacher Report the Hawks were only seeking a valuable first-round pick and a starting-caliber player in exchange for the talented young forward.

Seems pretty low. Would Smart, our 1st abs one other asset get it done?

« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2022, 08:45:44 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2952819-nba-head-rumor-intel-latest-on-collins-turner-mccollum-grant-more?share=other

One team contacted by Atlanta regarding Collins told Bleacher Report the Hawks were only seeking a valuable first-round pick and a starting-caliber player in exchange for the talented young forward.

I’m assuming when they say “valuable” 1st round pick, they’re probably talking top 10 at least

« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2022, 08:48:10 AM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton

I’m assuming when they say “valuable” 1st round pick, they’re probably talking top 10 at least

Ok. So add an assets to make up for the ~10 slot difference they’re looking for.

« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2022, 10:30:57 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

Ok. So add an assets to make up for the ~10 slot difference they’re looking for.

They’re looking for quality, not quantity.  Unfortunately there really isn’t anyone on our bench that the league values much

« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2022, 11:17:49 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

Have you been watching the Celtics? If Atlanta waits until the off-season, the Celtics might be a lottery team and have that valuable pick.