Author Topic: My dream "greenly greenly plagiarism" scenario for the next 6 month  (Read 902 times)

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
My dream scenario :

1st. Tatum give a call to his buddy Beal and ask him if he will accept a 4+1 deal that starts at 35M

2d Trade JB+Bruno for Simmons+Thybulle (and ask for a 1st more as they insinuated themself they don't think Simmons can lead to a title and didn't play for almost 1 year).

3rd
Trade Smart for Ingles + Jazz 2023 1st (and ask for another protected)

4th trade
Josh+Schroeder for Rubio and Cavs2023 top 10 protected

Then play and developp the young guys; evaluate them,  knowing one (or two) of GWill, PP, Nesmith or Langford will be cut. Take time to put Simmons on the floor, maybe only a few matches late in the year.

Offseason
Cut probably Langford and maybe PP. Sign Beal to a 160M 4Y deal (+1). Resign Ingles and maybe Rubio as the sub (with MLE and lower TPE). Then do a ST for JV with NO (giving a future 1st or Langldord/Grant). Take a PG with min (D Wright/Rubio...). Draft Washington

My 2K team :
Simmons/Beal/Tatum/Thybulle/JV
Rubio (TT Wash/PP)/Nesmith/Ingles/GWill/Timelord
With almost all our future 1st and Jazz and Cavs 2023 1st...

Then complete with vet mins and continue to developp Hauser, not having another G Matthews and so experience...

That would probably be a heck of a team... And the duel with Philly would be epic in the next years... :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 08:03:16 AM by Rikibellevie »

Re: My dream "greenly greenly plagiarism" scenario for the next 6 month
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 08:01:52 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
How do you sign Beal as a FA? Don’t see how we fit $35M under the cap.

Also, the JB/Bruno for Simmons/Thybulle trade doesn’t work in the trade machine. As constructed Boston would add about $8M in salary, which is too much.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 08:39:47 AM by Sophomore »

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 08:18:04 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
ftp://
How do you sign Beal as a FA? Team might be over the cap *before* signing his deal, and signing Beal would definitely take us over so it could happen.

The other trades I’m also down on, but I won’t get into that; the Beal trade is the most important piece of this plan.

I am not a cap expert but stop me if I am wrong :
_ with this scenario we go to FA with only Tatum, Simmons, Thybulle, Timelord, Nesmith and maybe one or two of GrantW, PP, the top 15 pick and Langford.If you count just the 5the first contracts we would have 82 Millions, so 37M under the max
_ the timeline would be very hard as we have to find takers for all our vets before this TD and find a team for Horford who take Horford during draft trade period. Then we ould have to sign Beal in the first day of FA and then complete with MLE and TPE. It is a difficult but not impossible scenario, stop me if I am wrong. Maybe even Beal could accept a little discount to try to win champs with his friends, with his down years, the few teams who have enough spac. Maybe he could accept something which begin in the 32M a year area and we still could keep both Nesmith, GWill and PP (or Nesmith + our 1st)
_ the other advantage is that we could test the fit and value of Nesmith,PP,Langford,GWill and Ingles (and Rubio legs) before then end of the year... And half tank until the end of the year. If by luck we get a top 3 pick, then cut all the young guys and just keep the pick and the 4 mens core.

For the Brown trade it was working with PP + Brown. We can also give Langford.
The biggest problem is that we almost have to know that Beal accept and how much he takes, which is not allowed I guess. Not sure also if Cavs give a 1st for Josh and Schroeder but it is a long way they didn't compete like this year and Josh is a correct 2 years contract for a good role player.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 08:32:34 AM by Rikibellevie »

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 10:34:18 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
If you're gonna dream, you might as well dream that ownership will donate an open checkbook right? Fun dream for sure.