Author Topic: Anyone else taking a break from watching?  (Read 4289 times)

Anyone else taking a break from watching?
« on: January 21, 2022, 08:12:42 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I still love Celtics and obviously enjoy posting here. But last couple games I have taken a break. It has started to give me more frustration than joy and is generally really
Ugly basketball. Anyone else in same boat?

Re: Anyone else taking a break from watching?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 08:15:28 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
I still love Celtics and obviously enjoy posting here. But last couple games I have taken a break. It has started to give me more frustration than joy and is generally really

Standby, lol. I’m getting there fast. Started watching Dexter on showtime the other day, so I might have to put an episode on instead of watching this 3pt miss fest. It’s trash basketball.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 08:15:55 PM »

Kiorrik

Didn't make an effort to watch the last two games.

Watching this one isn't making me wanna watch more :]

In other words, I'm not going outta my way to catch them during work hours anymore. Today's a Saturday here so I thought I might as well - but I should've just gone and get that haircut it looks like.

I dunno. I did without NBA ball for +- 4-5 years? Mostly because of the reffing. And that seems to have been sort of kinda corrected this season, in that it's kinda a lil more like Euro ball. Which is nice.

But yeah. These Celts aren't helping heaps.

I just wanna see a team having fun, or at the very least, showing PASSION for the game.

I don't think our guys are having fun. Nor do they come across as very passionate ball players.

They look sort of entitled?

Some exceptions, not heaps.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 08:19:35 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
PUSH PUSH PUSH!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 08:41:00 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I gotta keep watching!

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 08:42:41 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1772
Not me. 
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 08:44:41 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
For a while now
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2022, 09:24:40 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I click into and out of games now…mostly out.

They have decent talent. They just have a head coach who doesn’t know how to use that talent effectively, either short or long term, and he especially doesn’t have the coaching skills to get them to perform by holding them accountable.

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2022, 09:25:55 PM »

Kiorrik

They have decent talent. They just have a head coach who doesn’t know how to use that talent effectively, either short or long term, and he especially doesn’t have the coaching skills to get them to perform by holding them accountable.

I think it's not the coach's fault. Brad had exactly the same issues.

No way it's a coincidence. Especially with Udoka going "ball movement ball movement ball movement" before the season, and then it not happening.

That's on the team imo.

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2022, 09:28:29 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
I watch every game.  I record them as well.  There are some games I can watch the 1st quarter plus and know how it's gonna end so I'll watch something out and check the score to know if I need to watch.  95% if the time with this team I'm right.  It's not like the years with the King of the 4th that you knew the cs were never out of a game.

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2022, 09:42:45 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Watching

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2022, 10:05:01 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

I think it's not the coach's fault. Brad had exactly the same issues.

No way it's a coincidence. Especially with Udoka going "ball movement ball movement ball movement" before the season, and then it not happening.

That's on the team imo.

Ask Perk if he feels the same way.

If the coach says he is going to do something, and his players don’t do it, isn’t it then on the coach to rectify the situation especially after 40+ games of the same thing over and over and over again?

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2022, 10:09:24 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

After tonight, particularly when our two "stars" can't even be counted on to not make awful decisions down the stretch to lose this game for us.

More and more I question whether we really can build around the Jays to have a championship team. Perhaps if it's the absolute ideal team around them maybe, but they have so many holes in their game - particularly the mental and decision-making piece - that really have me wondering.

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2022, 10:09:57 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I am still watching, but tonight was tough...there is just no joy in watching them fold every other night.

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2022, 10:15:33 PM »

Offline goz421

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 34
I struggle to watch this mess.