Author Topic: I’m ready for change  (Read 4112 times)

I’m ready for change
« on: January 21, 2022, 03:40:23 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
          Boston gets : T Halliburton
                              D Fox
                              H Barnes
                              M bagley

Sacramento gets:    J Brown
                             M Smart
                             J Richardson
                             D Schroeder

I really had a hard time with letting Brown go. I feel we need to go in another direction. We needed another shooter and playmaker to move this team in a more positive direction not only this year but into the future. Hope this is a trade that some would consider for Brown

« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 04:14:50 PM by testy »

Re: I’m ready for change
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 03:43:48 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
if we're thinking big, what if we sold high on Tatum? package him with Smart and Schroder. take back Haliburton, Hield, Barnes, and a bunch of picks.

Sacto can sell themselves on Fox + Tatum. 

Celts have Hali - Buddy - Jaylen - Barnes - Timelord

plus multiple picks from Sacto
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 03:56:58 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
I still would try Brown instead of Tatum. Jason has been been more reliable and productive than Brown, but not totally opposed. 6’ 8” is harder to replace than 6’6”.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 04:06:53 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
Poor Schröder.  Neither Boston nor Sacramento want him in this deal.

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 04:13:20 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
This one feels like shakeup for the sake of shakeup.  I was pretty pointed in the Hornets game thread about my frustration with this team, but I don't like these deals, at all.  Brown or Tatum are better than anything from Sac.  For Tatum (and maybe Brown too), you better get back a top-15 player.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 04:31:18 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
if we're thinking big, what if we sold high on Tatum? package him with Smart and Schroder. take back Haliburton, Hield, Barnes, and a bunch of picks.

I agree, we could get a much better package for Tatum, and would probably be just as competitive if not more so, not to mention the picks. Just doubt management has the chutzpa to do that.

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 04:35:28 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

That is actually a really nice team. They'd be a lot of fun to watch too. I am not sure where you go from there to winning a title though.

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2022, 04:37:24 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
I feel this gives Boston a better  traditional roster going into the future.Like I said I really had a hard time moving Brown. I was looking to fill some holes and better balance the roster and have some cap flexibility. Always encourage other considerations. just watching this group isn’t working for me

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2022, 05:30:39 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
I purposely did not include Buddy for cap purposes.

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2022, 05:39:35 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

That is actually a really nice team. They'd be a lot of fun to watch too. I am not sure where you go from there to winning a title though.

you probably don't, but i feel like that ship has almost certainly sailed w/ the Tatum & Brown combo, too, unless the Celts find the next Jokic in the second round or something
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2022, 05:54:09 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

you probably don't, but i feel like that ship has almost certainly sailed w/ the Tatum & Brown combo, too, unless the Celts find the next Jokic in the second round or something

I don't feel that way. I like our chances to go all-in with our future 1st round picks to pickup (1) one high level star to make a Big Three, or, (2) two low level stars to make a Big Four.

So I do see a way forward for this current Celtics team to win a title versus struggling to see it for the other group. That has me thinking this deal would be a short term upgrade long term downgrade situation.

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2022, 05:55:10 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Would you be selling high? Players don't typically peak at 23 years old. He hasn't even sniffed his prime yet. It'd be a trade for the sake of trading, imo. It wouldn't make us better in the short term or long term unless you think Haliburton has a chance to be an MVP level player. But I have a feeling if we don't win immediately, people will be ready to trade him too in two years.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2022, 05:59:27 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
                              D Fox
                              H Barnes
                              M bagley

M Smart
                             J Richardson
                             D Schroeder

I really had a hard time with letting Brown go. I feel we need to go in another direction. We needed another shooter and playmaker to move this team in a more positive direction not only this year but into the future. Hope this is a trade that some would consider for Brown

I want to say two things

(1) I like this deal with Fox in it more than Hield because Fox has more upside to his game and could lead to a group that could compete for a Championship in 2-3 years if Fox can become a legit All-Star caliber PG.

G: Fox
G: Haliburton
F: Tatum
F: H.Barnes
C: Rob Williams

(2) I don't think you can get anywhere near this much talent out of Sacramento for Jaylen Brown. The 76ers are not just giving up Ben Simmons. They are giving up a 2nd near All-Star player in Tobias Harris and a 3rd good player who is a borderline starter (high end bench player, below average starter) with potential (if he develops a shot, he is an elite glue guy) in Thybulle. Boston would be giving up a lot less in this deal. One All-Star in Jaylen, a solid starter in Smart, two borderline starters with zero potential. There is far less talent in Boston's talent.

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2022, 06:02:07 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
                              D Fox
                              H Barnes
                              M bagley

M Smart
                             J Richardson
                             D Schroeder

I want to say two things

(1) I like this deal with Fox in it more than Hield because Fox has more upside to his game and could lead to a group that could compete for a Championship in 2-3 years if Fox can become a legit All-Star caliber PG.

(2) I don't think you can get anywhere near this much talent out of Sacramento for Jaylen Brown. The 76ers are not just giving up Ben Simmons. They are giving up a 2nd near All-Star player in Tobias Harris and a 3rd good player who is a borderline starter (high end bench player, below average starter) with potential (if he develops a shot, he is an elite glue guy) in Thybulle. Boston would be giving up a lot less in this deal. One All-Star in Jaylen, a solid starter in Smart, two borderline starters with zero potential. There is far less talent in Boston's talent.
For how unforgiving you are of Marcus Smart's offensive shortcomings you are very quick to overlook Thybulle's, despite him being a vastly worse offensive player. He is also only 6 months younger than Jaylen.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2022, 06:17:44 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
                              D Fox
                              H Barnes
                              M bagley

M Smart
                             J Richardson
                             D Schroeder

I want to say two things

For how unforgiving you are of Marcus Smart's offensive shortcomings you are very quick to overlook Thybulle's, despite him being a vastly worse offensive player. He is also only 6 months younger than Jaylen.

It is only halfway through Thybulle's 3rd year.

Smart is in year 8.