Author Topic: Bulpett: Brown, Celtics Could Seek June Divorce  (Read 5764 times)

Re: Bulpett: Brown, Celtics Could Seek June Divorce
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2022, 11:24:19 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
This is heavy.com hyping a story to get clicks. Bulpett has come out and said: read the article don’t overreact to the headline. Most often writers don’t control the headline - is he basically saying Heavy did him dirty here?

https://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/1488625708377198597?s=20&t=g2lgvKFBcDjA1bXtwByT4A

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2022, 11:47:30 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
This is heavy.com hyping a story to get clicks. Bulpett has come out and said: read the article don’t overreact to the headline. Most often writers don’t control the headline - is he basically saying Heavy did him dirty here?

https://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/1488625708377198597?s=20&t=g2lgvKFBcDjA1bXtwByT4A

Or it could be that people would rather jump to conclusions and put words in people’s mouths rather than actually read and/or listen. Let’s face it, if we see the words “trade” and “Jaylen Brown” near each other, you already get a firestorm of reactions
- LilRip

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2022, 12:03:48 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

setting aside the headline, the article itself suggests that although Brown is not agitating to leave right now, there's a sense that if the Celts don't show signs of turning things around, he might be inclined to ask the team for a change of scenery in the off-season.

I don't really see this as a situation where the headline is totally out of sync with the actual content of the article. the article just provides context / hedging language.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2022, 06:25:31 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482

setting aside the headline, the article itself suggests that although Brown is not agitating to leave right now, there's a sense that if the Celts don't show signs of turning things around, he might be inclined to ask the team for a change of scenery in the off-season.

I don't really see this as a situation where the headline is totally out of sync with the actual content of the article. the article just provides context / hedging language.

But isn’t the bolded something you could say about any all-star-ish player on any team that isn’t a legit contender?  There might be some smoke, who knows, but that is easy speculation to add to any number of players.  It could, for example, apply to Tatum as well.

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2022, 06:33:31 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

But isn’t the bolded something you could say about any all-star-ish player on any team that isn’t a legit contender?  There might be some smoke, who knows, but that is easy speculation to add to any number of players.  It could, for example, apply to Tatum as well.

It certainly could apply to Tatum as well, but with three years left on his deal and a better chance of a supermax before it runs out, compared with two years left and less chance of a supermax, Jaylen is the near-term flight risk.  If it isn’t going well and there’s no clear path to change, this off-season might be when a trade should be made, from both sides.

I love Jaylen (I’m wearing the #7 shirt I bought before he played his first game right now), so I really don’t want to see this happen, but neither Jaylen nor the C’s want to be stuck as a .500 team forever.

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2022, 07:35:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
  It could, for example, apply to Tatum as well.

I will not be at all surprised if we start to hear stories like this about Tatum, too, if the Celts continue to be stuck around .500.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain