Author Topic: Myles Turner Out Until After Trade Deadline  (Read 1174 times)

Myles Turner Out Until After Trade Deadline
« on: January 18, 2022, 01:29:14 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Indiana Pacers center Myles Turner is expected to be sidelined beyond the Feb. 10 NBA trade deadline, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, as the two-time NBA blocks champion recovers from a stress fracture in his left foot.

The Pacers on Tuesday said Turner will be re-examined in two weeks, but teams interested in trading for him will have to do due diligence on his injury as they weigh offers.

Turner's been central to Indiana's trade talks and a number of teams have shown interest, sources told ESPN. The injury doesn't make a trade impossible, but it certainly could be an obstacle in the Pacers getting max value for him at the deadline.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Myles Turner Out Until After Trade Deadline
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 01:35:53 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Huge blow to Pacers' hopes.  Not sure it affects us, unless we wanted to use RW 3 as trade bait (I certainly hope not).

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 01:36:38 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Ugh bad break for the Pacers
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 01:41:07 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672
Not the first run-in with foot injuries for Turner, is it?  Pretty sure he had plantar fasciitis cut last season short too. 

Always worrisome hearing about foot stress fractures for big men.  Hope he recovers and puts some healthy basketball together.

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 02:52:22 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
It may be because I’m getting older and battling more of my own injuries, but these reports really sadden me. Feels like we have had more of them in recent years than we used to.

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 02:57:45 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
It may be because I’m getting older and battling more of my own injuries, but these reports really sadden me. Feels like we have had more of them in recent years than we used to.

I think it's because in the older days, guys with long-term injury concerns were weeded out before they made it to the NBA, or early on.  Sports medicine at the college level has gotten so much better that players make it through college more healthy.  In addition, pro training staffs do a good job (in general) of mitigating these problems, so players can have productive and even star-level careers when in the past an injury would have been it for them.  In short, the injuries have always been there -- they're just coming a bit later because medicine is good.

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2022, 04:26:03 PM »

Kiorrik

I'm 100% with you on every single aspect of this post :)

Left leg's a mess. Breaks, tears, surgery. Whenever I see any injuries, it just hits more. Regardless of who it is.

Heck, I swear there's players I only know because I related to their injury report :')

I'd be curious to see statistics though, of injuries over the years in the league!