Author Topic: Warriors’ Co-Owner: I Don’t Care About Concentration Camps, Forced Labor  (Read 6922 times)

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Enes was on Tucker Carlson last night speaking about this.

I've got mixed feelings about that.  Tucker is the biggest name in cable news, so it's the largest audience Freedom is going to get.  At the same time, I just see talk shows like that to be inherently dishonest, to the point of almost undermining the message.

I'm guessing Tucker's audience is not really the one you want to target if your concern is the oppression of Muslims around the world

Strange bedfellows, but I'd like to think that conservatives -- and all people -- care about stuff like human rights.  Not at the national level, perhaps, but in terms of their opinions as individuals.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

I've got mixed feelings about that.  Tucker is the biggest name in cable news, so it's the largest audience Freedom is going to get.  At the same time, I just see talk shows like that to be inherently dishonest, to the point of almost undermining the message.

Freedom said he heard about the comments right before game time, and was so disgusted that he had a hard time focusing on the game.  He cited to genocide, concentration camps, torture and gangrapes, saying that the comments made him sick.

What talk shows are inherently honest?

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Freedom said he heard about the comments right before game time, and was so disgusted that he had a hard time focusing on the game.  He cited to genocide, concentration camps, torture and gangrapes, saying that the comments made him sick.

Very few are as inherently dishonest as you see on Tucker and the other extremist talk shows.  They value brainwashing way, way more than any type of honest discussion.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Very few are as inherently dishonest as you see on Tucker and the other extremist talk shows.  They value brainwashing way, way more than any type of honest discussion.

Yes, the sad truth is I have trouble finding any honest ones.  That are objective, without an "agenda". Almost every news organization today, Fox, CNN and all the others, have a political agenda.  Please name me a news program without one.   Chris Wallace?  (he's gone)

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
Somewhat ironically, I just came across this video about Steve Sarowitz, the billionaire philanthropist.

Not all billionaires are cynical about the impact they can have in the world.

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=765701864822020&_rdr

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Caring about something and making it a priority are distinct. I can care about things that make little practical sense for me to prioritize in my life. That doesn't mean I don't care. Change requires mechanism and momentum, in some interdependent dynamic.

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Caring about something and making it a priority are distinct. I can care about things that make little practical sense for me to prioritize in my life. That doesn't mean I don't care. Change requires mechanism and momentum, in some interdependent dynamic.

I guess this is pretty much me ^

If I had the wealth of a billion dollars , I would feel obligated that it’s my mission to see that good deeds are  in poorer  countries done every day . These guys don’t understand they are only here for a short while ,  they need to help others in need before time runs out for them .
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 03:35:07 PM by SHAQATTACK »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

it's not a talk show but I strongly recommend "Left Right & Center" -- a weekly radio show / podcast put out by KCRW (public radio in LA).

they review the events of the week with a "center" who hosts the show and then a "left" and "right," but the idea of the show is that everybody actually engages in good faith with the issue & what the other side has to say.  most of the time they actually do live up to that premise.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline PaxtonDarcy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 20

Breaking points with krystal and saagar does a great job.

Anything lex Friedman produces

I know this is controversial to most but Joe Rogan is not dis-honest in its content - though, some of the people he hosts may with hold or re-frame ‘facts.’ With credit to joe, he seems genuinely interested in truth.

Matt Ferrell and joe Scott as well - for non political topics.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

it's not a talk show but I strongly recommend "Left Right & Center" -- a weekly radio show / podcast put out by KCRW (public radio in LA).

they review the events of the week with a "center" who hosts the show and then a "left" and "right," but the idea of the show is that everybody actually engages in good faith with the issue & what the other side has to say.  most of the time they actually do live up to that premise.

One of the more “honest” talk shows is Bill Maher.  He’s extremely liberal, but he at least shows some independent thought.  It’s why I liked O’Reilly back in the day.  His opinions were clear, but not all of those opinions were party line

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Breaking points with krystal and saagar does a great job.

Anything lex Friedman produces

I know this is controversial to most but Joe Rogan is not dis-honest in its content - though, some of the people he hosts may with hold or re-frame ‘facts.’ With credit to joe, he seems genuinely interested in truth.

Matt Ferrell and joe Scott as well - for non political topics.

I have never listened to Rogan, but this meme cracked me up:

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525

I'd love to see a major network put together a show with that mission.   I realize that viewership and trust would be impacted by whatever network did it.  But the concept provides an example of what we need.  Depending on the credibility and likability of the participants, and how well the mission is adhered to, I think something like this could make a difference.  I'd vote for Chris Wallace as the "center" person. 

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I'd love to see a major network put together a show with that mission.   I realize that viewership and trust would be impacted by whatever network did it.  But the concept provides an example of what we need.  Depending on the credibility and likability of the participants, and how well the mission is adhered to, I think something like this could make a difference.  I'd vote for Chris Wallace as the "center" person.
What we need and what the networks need are two different things and because of that, this format idea would never happen.

Playing to the extremes and telling them what they want to hear, rather than reporting unbiased or multiple political views of the news, makes more money. Tons more money. The networks want money...and power.

Probably best to do what I used to do. Read cnn.com. Read foxnews.com. Read npr.org. Read bbc.com. Read politico.com. Do that and decipher what you think the actual news is.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time nor the ability to care enough to do that anymore.

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

What we need and what the networks need are two different things and because of that, this format idea would never happen.

Playing to the extremes and telling them what they want to hear, rather than reporting unbiased or multiple political views of the news, makes more money. Tons more money. The networks want money...and power.

Probably best to do what I used to do. Read cnn.com. Read foxnews.com. Read npr.org. Read bbc.com. Read politico.com. Do that and decipher what you think the actual news is.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time nor the ability to care enough to do that anymore.
I think this is a fundamental problem. We are all beaten into submission, trying to get to the "truth", and fall into an echo chamber of our inherent bias.

Offline PaxtonDarcy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 20

I think this is a fundamental problem. We are all beaten into submission, trying to get to the "truth", and fall into an echo chamber of our inherent bias.

Honestly, gents. I think you should check out breaking points with krystal and sagaar. This is the exact concept of their show.

She is a dem former msnbc talent and he worked under tucker Carlson and covered the trump whitehouse for Fox News.

Theyre two people do not agree fundamentally but do an excellent job of focusing on the divisive nature of legacy media.

Give it a shot I think you’ll like it.

https://youtube.com/c/breakingpoints