Author Topic: Pacers - Cost for Lavert or Turner  (Read 1970 times)

Re: Pacers - Cost for Lavert or Turner
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2022, 01:41:22 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I like Turner more than Rob Williams. I'd like to find a way to make that happen. It would be complicated though.

I prefer Turner to Rob Williams because Turner is a two way player.

Williams is a two-way player. They have to do better using him but he’s a threat to make a great pass, set a smart screen, and of course roll to the basket or show from the dunker spot for a pass and a dunk. His offensive rebounding is elite.

There are absolutely things he can add, and I bet he will. But he’s already a two way player - as the triple double attests.

Re: Pacers - Cost for Lavert or Turner
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2022, 01:48:06 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
Before this season, our Center situation was murky due to Rob’s injury history leading to a lack of availability and the uncertainty of him playing starter minutes.

Now? Even considering a trade for a Center seems ridiculous to me. Rob is one of the select few Centers that protects the rim and guards the perimeter and perimeter players at a high level (Draymond, Gobert, and you’re welcome to suggest an addition to the list). He’s #3 in blocks, if he played in a drop coverage or zone scheme, he would be leading the league in blocks and have slightly higher defensive rebounds and points.

Will Levert bring the things that the C’s need? Is he a leader? Does he bring infectious ball movement? Is he an elite closer? If he isn’t, then I pass. I didn’t post my CP3 and Lowry trade proposals enough when they were available 😂, I will continue to spam the boards with Fred VanVleet or Jalen Brunson’s names until we get one of them.