Author Topic: Cam Reddish to New York  (Read 3687 times)

Re: Cam Reddish to New York
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2022, 01:05:41 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
Here's a Hawks-related rumor.

And here's what their GM had to say a few days ago:

Clearly, the Hawks are having a disappointing season. Any interest in buying low from them?

Kind of reminds me of when the C’s brought pretty much everyone back from their surprising 2017-2018 conference finals team and greatly underachieved.
The difference is, Boston wasn't a fluke and Atlanta was.  I mean they faced one of the worst 4 seeds ever in the 1st round and then had the Sixers collapse big time and blow the 2nd round.  The Hawks run was never going to be duplicated.  It was similar to Boston's run to the ECF when they lost to the Heat in the bubble.  That was a fluke run that was not an indication that Boston really was that good.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2022, 01:10:57 PM »

Online keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Here's a Hawks-related rumor.

And here's what their GM had to say a few days ago:

Clearly, the Hawks are having a disappointing season. Any interest in buying low from them?

Kind of reminds me of when the C’s brought pretty much everyone back from their surprising 2017-2018 conference finals team and greatly underachieved.
The difference is, Boston wasn't a fluke and Atlanta was.  I mean they faced one of the worst 4 seeds ever in the 1st round and then had the Sixers collapse big time and blow the 2nd round.  The Hawks run was never going to be duplicated.  It was similar to Boston's run to the ECF when they lost to the Heat in the bubble.  That was a fluke run that was not an indication that Boston really was that good.

I don't agree about Boston's bubble run. If Kemba hadn't fallen off a cliff due to his injury and Hayward hadn't left to CHA Boston would have continued to be really good. 

The two situations aren't really similar. One team completey changed due to injuries' and plater departure. the other returned pretty much the same team this year and is massively worse. Their defense fell apart.

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2022, 01:16:57 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Depends on what they're asking for.  I liked Bogdanovic last year.  Not sure what's up with him this year - I haven't watched the Hawks much - but if it's fixable, then I'd be interested in picking him up if the price is right.
I bet they'd love to pair Trae with Smart in their backcourt. I'm a fan of Bogdan's game, but I wouldn't trade Smart for him.

I used to be relatively high on De'Andre Hunter. I'm not anymore. Perhaps we can land him on the cheap though.

If I were the Hawks, I'd go after Thybulle or Okogie. The latter is probably available for pennies on the dollar. I believe both of them would be a great fit next to Trae.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 01:25:25 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2022, 01:20:59 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
That is all it took to get Reddish.  Why didn't we do that?
First-round picks are valuable assets. We already got a rich man's Reddish in Brown.
I think it is highly unlikely that a pick outside of the lottery is as good as Reddish is.  So if all it took was a protected 1st and a crappy bench player, I think that is the type of trade you make and see if a change of scenery is what Reddish needs.

I agree with Moranis. This is a steal by Knicks. Redish has great upside, he looked really promising when he got to play in playoffs.  He is tall, long, athletic.  He'd be a great future 3rd wheel here. Dang. 

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2022, 01:24:50 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
First-round picks are valuable assets. We already got a rich man's Reddish in Brown.
I think it is highly unlikely that a pick outside of the lottery is as good as Reddish is.  So if all it took was a protected 1st and a crappy bench player, I think that is the type of trade you make and see if a change of scenery is what Reddish needs.

I agree with Moranis. This is a steal by Knicks. Redish has great upside, he looked really promising when he got to play in playoffs.  He is tall, long, athletic.  He'd be a great future 3rd wheel here. Dang.

Reddish can be a beast, but also disappears.  Tantalizing player.  I want to see him do well, just wish it wasn't with the Knicks.
Yup

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2022, 01:36:00 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Reddish is a low-BBIQ player. He isn't skilled/crafty enough to consistently create his own shot in the half court. Personally speaking, I see 2 alternative scenarios: Either he'll reinvent himself as a 3+D role player or he'll flame out of the league. To his credit, his form has improved this season, but he's still an inefficient scorer and a terrible decision maker with the ball in his hands. If you ask me, I believe he has the potential to become a useful 3+D wing. I mean, he's shooting 90% from the FT line this season. More often than not, FT% is indicative of shooting potential. It's not like we missed out on a future star though. Imo, best case scenario he's a role player.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 01:47:01 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2022, 02:00:02 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I listened to a podcast with Sam Vecenie and Seth Partnow where they did a redraft of the Reddish draft and Reddish went after Grant Williams.

I don't think the Cs are worried about missing out on Reddish.

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2022, 02:13:04 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Cam Reddish was the other piece in the Trae Young - Luka Doncic trade.  So I guess now it is Young, Knox and another first.

I don't know, if you switch Young and Doncic, are things really all that different for the Hawks?  That is the tough part of trades involving draft picks.  You just never know.  Reddish should have been much better.

I am not really all that interested in anything that the Hawks might trade.  I guess we could have gotten Reddish/Solomon for Langford and a Pick but what does that help?  Reddish isn't what we need and wouldn't change much.

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2022, 02:22:25 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

Second that. Great move by NY.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2022, 02:28:53 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I like Reddish's potential a lot.  Once or twice a month he shows All-star potential.  Many other nights he disappears.  I think the price was reasonable, and it could be a big win for NY, or it could be a guy who cycles out from them in two seasons.  I'd have been happy if the C's had made this deal, but I'm also not sure he'd have been a good fit on the team.  If he'd been had for a couple of seconds, I'd have been annoyed, but that pick from Charlotte looks likely to convey in the next draft or two.

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2022, 03:08:50 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
 I’d love to trade Smart, some young filler and maybe 2 pick swaps for Huerter and Hunter. Improve the shooting in the starting lineup and still keep first round assets to use in a bigger future trade. Not sure how much the Hawks value Hunter with his injuries. Maybe a lot still. 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2022, 03:15:54 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
I like the move for the Knicks, they have one of the worst rosters with Thibs putting on a coaching masterclass.

These are the moves that the Knicks should make to accumulate assets in hopes of getting a potential #1/2 through trade or draft.

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2022, 07:05:27 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I listened to a podcast with Sam Vecenie and Seth Partnow where they did a redraft of the Reddish draft and Reddish went after Grant Williams.

Because Josh Richardson is just as good as Reddish.

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2022, 07:24:12 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

Because Josh Richardson is just as good as Reddish.

Imo he's better than Reddish and fits our team better

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2022, 07:49:26 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Get me Okongwu (if he's not too injured, etc.)