Author Topic: Ed Monix  (Read 55733 times)

Ed Monix
« on: January 13, 2022, 11:45:29 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Just wanted to shout out Ed for his frequent posting of interesting Celtics conversation starters. I’ve noticed that he has initiated a lot of good discussions over the past 6-9 months and wanted to commend his efforts. Thanks Ed, keep it up.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Re: Ed Monix
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 11:54:40 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

For real though, agreed. Quality posts.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 01:28:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Last time I complimented a poster the mods shut my thread down!!

Good luck.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 01:46:21 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Good luck.

Yeah, I can't remember the circumstances.  I suppose since this thread is visible, nominations for our fictional HOF are appropriate.

Speaking of...  does anybody have any interest in the HOF idea.  If so, we need a curator.  We've been through two, and we didn't get all that far.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 03:24:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Good luck.

Yeah, I can't remember the circumstances.  I suppose since this thread is visible, nominations for our fictional HOF are appropriate.

Speaking of...  does anybody have any interest in the HOF idea.  If so, we need a curator.  We've been through two, and we didn't get all that far.
Being one of those curators and originator of the idea, I have to say, it's not an easy thing to pull off. My idea was to start way back and start with people from Celtics Rant and the original Boston Globe blog and induct lots of the people that contributed before Celticsblog started blowing up in it's more modern form. Then year by year start moving into more modern posters.

Jeff
Master Po
Hagrid
And some names I can't remember were the people I thought should have been the original inductees.

I also loved the idea of posts and threads of the year.

Problem was, too many people wanted to induct modern posters(friends and even themselves) and posts and threads they or their friends made. My PM box blew up with these type of suggestions. The blog was very clique-ish at the time.

Life then got very busy and I just didn't have the time or patience to get past the noise and really do it right. If you are going to do it right, impartiality and time, lots of time, is essential. As is a curator with an advisory board.

Good luck if anyone wants to try it. Wish them the best.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 03:29:34 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 03:54:28 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
HOF idea is great
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 04:04:15 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Good luck.

Being one of those curators and originator of the idea, I have to say, it's not an easy thing to pull off. My idea was to start way back and start with people from Celtics Rant and the original Boston Globe blog and induct lots of the people that contributed before Celticsblog started blowing up in it's more modern form. Then year by year start moving into more modern posters.

Jeff
Master Po
Hagrid
And some names I can't remember were the people I thought should have been the original inductees.

Problem was, too many people wanted to induct modern posters(friends and even themselves) and posts and threads they or their friends made. My PM box blew up with these type of suggestions. The blog was very clique-ish at the time.

Life then got very busy and I just didn't have the time or patience to get past the noise and really do it right. If you are going to do it right, impartiality and time, lots of time, is essential. As is a curator with an advisory board.

I nominate you and Roy to be in it if it ever happens.

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 04:11:55 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Good luck.

Jeff
Master Po
Hagrid

I think you need to have been retired for at least 5 years.  :laugh:

I'm toying with the idea of trying to get the HOF organized, but it would have to be a fairly stripped down version of the original plan.  If I get the energy, I'll PM you Nick!!
Yup

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2022, 04:39:25 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Good luck.

Jeff
Master Po
Hagrid

Bob Day is my pick.

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2022, 04:57:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Good luck.

Jeff
Master Po
Hagrid

Bob Day is my pick.
Bob definitely would be a 1st ballot HoFer.

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2022, 05:05:54 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
We could do a yearly rookie of the year and MVP.  It might be fun, in addition to honoring long-timers.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2022, 06:06:16 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Good luck.

Jeff
Master Po
Hagrid

i concur....but only after flc goes in before anyone else... her game threads are amazing.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2022, 06:20:18 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Good luck.

Jeff
Master Po
Hagrid

i concur....but only after flc goes in before anyone else... her game threads are amazing.
absoutely

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2022, 06:51:32 PM »

Kiorrik

Good luck.

Jeff
Master Po
Hagrid

absoutely

Don't want anything to do with this other than locking in FL. That's all :]

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2022, 07:04:09 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Original class has to include FCF, Jeff, Master Po and Jeff Clark.  Hagrid and HomeRunBaker, too.