Author Topic: Pacers (15-25) at Celtics (19-21) Game #41 1/10/22  (Read 25553 times)

Re: Pacers (15-25) at Celtics (19-21) Game #41 1/10/22
« Reply #540 on: January 11, 2022, 09:55:42 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Not taking anything for granted this season.  Any win is a good win.

Pretty dreadful games from Tatum and Smart from an efficiency standpoint.  Combined 11-32 with 13 TOs and only two assists between them.  Jaylen didn’t shoot well either but at least he took care of the ball and spread it around some.

Aside:  Rob is on the short list of players with a realistic shot to put up a 5x5 at some point.
For the first time, I have to say I disagree.  It was not a good game and was not entertaining.  The C's gave the Pacers multiple chances to win, even when it looked like the C's had it locked up. 

A win is a win, true, but it was not a good win. If Ime is smart he will tell them to learn from it as if it was a loss.

Maybe I am arguing semantics, I dunno.  I do hate the phrase "I'll take it" which I guess means the same thing as "a win is a win".  But honestly, what else can you do?

« Reply #541 on: January 11, 2022, 09:57:12 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

Pretty dreadful games from Tatum and Smart from an efficiency standpoint.  Combined 11-32 with 13 TOs and only two assists between them.  Jaylen didn’t shoot well either but at least he took care of the ball and spread it around some.

Aside:  Rob is on the short list of players with a realistic shot to put up a 5x5 at some point.

A win is a win but man are they struggling against bad teams.  Indy is as bad as any team in the league right now and outside of PP the C's are at full strength. 

« Reply #542 on: January 11, 2022, 10:26:04 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Right now we are a middle-of-the-pack team, and last night we beat a below-average team.

« Reply #543 on: January 11, 2022, 10:27:39 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
They won the game, but everybody who watched was a loser.

- Alex Reimer, WEEI

« Reply #544 on: January 11, 2022, 10:30:01 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
Right now we are a middle-of-the-pack team, and last night we beat a below-average team.
Fully healthy, home game against a below-average team decimated by injuries to key players (Brogdon, LaVert, Warren, etc.)

« Reply #545 on: January 11, 2022, 10:39:59 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

- Alex Reimer, WEEI

LOL

Until Tatum hit the game tying shot I was ready to comment that I couldn't believe I just sat through that whole thing.  I still am not sure what is wrong with that I feel compelled to be hopeful before each game and subjegate myself to watching uninspired play.  I guess I'm what you call a "fan".  They're my team.  Love em or leave em.

Rather be a sore winner than a sore loser...
Yup

« Reply #546 on: January 11, 2022, 12:02:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

For the first time, I have to say I disagree.  It was not a good game and was not entertaining.  The C's gave the Pacers multiple chances to win, even when it looked like the C's had it locked up. 

A win is a win, true, but it was not a good win. If Ime is smart he will tell them to learn from it as if it was a loss.

Maybe I am arguing semantics, I dunno.  I do hate the phrase "I'll take it" which I guess means the same thing as "a win is a win".  But honestly, what else can you do?

Where do you place the most blame for the poor game, or was Indy just that good of defensive team. …..lack of decent floor leader and no decent point guard?

« Reply #547 on: January 11, 2022, 12:57:59 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Where do you place the most blame for the poor game, or was Indy just that good of defensive team. …..lack of decent floor leader and no decent point guard?

We literally have players bumping into each other in every game. We have 3 guys all grouped together at the 3 point line not knowing where they are supposed to be. We have two guys running out to a guy without the ball behind the 3 point line leaving a guy open under the hoop. Ime only plays vets so it's not a lack of ability. We keep looking badly coached and ill perpared.

« Reply #548 on: January 11, 2022, 06:05:06 PM »

Kiorrik

- Alex Reimer, WEEI

LOL

Until Tatum hit the game tying shot I was ready to comment that I couldn't believe I just sat through that whole thing.  I still am not sure what is wrong with that I feel compelled to be hopeful before each game and subjegate myself to watching uninspired play.  I guess I'm what you call a "fan".  They're my team.  Love em or leave em.

Rather be a sore winner than a sore loser...

Nailed it Red.

I think we're all basketball fans first and foremost. And literally everyone here knows what good basketball looks like. Thwipping passes around the court, stifling defensive efforts, hustle, heart and a healthy dose of luck to go with elite athleticism.

And I 100% believe that our team knows too.

Problem is, they're not doing it.

Bloody yungins.

« Reply #549 on: January 11, 2022, 07:54:02 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Fully healthy, home game against a below-average team decimated by injuries to key players (Brogdon, LaVert, Warren, etc.)

Were they a crappy team before all those injuries?

Either way it's a sucky win