Author Topic: January 20th Trade Ideas  (Read 9457 times)

Re: January 20th Trade Ideas
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2022, 11:09:02 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Is Pascal Siakam available? He seems to be overpaid on a team that just picked Scottie Barnes, who both play the same position of PF. I think he would be a good fit with Jayson and Jaylen.

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2022, 11:12:24 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Is Pascal Siakam available? He seems to be overpaid on a team that just picked Scottie Barnes, who both play the same position of PF. I think he would be a good fit with Jayson and Jaylen.

I would also expect a high cost.   

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2022, 11:26:10 AM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
It hurts me to say this, but I would think about trading Brown for Haliburton, Barnes and their 2022 first round pick.

I feel like both teams look more balanced going forward.

Celtics
Haliburton/Smart/Tatum/Barnes/Timelord

Kings
Fox/Hield/Brown/Bagley/Holmes
Haliburton isn't explosive enough to consistently beat his opponent 1-on-1, hence he cannot consistently create his own shot. The way I see it, he's better suited as a low-usage, pass-first role player. No way I'd trade Brown for a package centered around a role player.

I bet the Kings believe Haliburton has all-star potential. If he fails to meet the Kings' (unrealistic?) expectations, he may become available on the cheap going forward. His value is sky high right now. I would argue he's overrated, although I absolutely love his game.
Scal said something interesting during last night's game: He heard that the Kings are not inclined to trade any of their guys, that they like them and want to see if they can make it work.  You do have to admit that they've got some talented pieces (Fox, Barnes, Hield, D. Mitchell) and should be performing better.  I think that's all hot air; I believe Sac has to do something to keep their fans interested,

But after last night, NO WAY I would trade Brown for Haliburton, Barnes and their 2022 first round pick.

Overreactions to last night's game aside, you don't have to worry about it -- cuz SAC isn't doing that deal either.

Why does every trade thread have to devolve into a Brown for (one of Haliburton, Fox, Sabonis, or Collins) discussion?

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2022, 11:27:58 AM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton

Anyone care to render a guess on the cost of acquiring FVV from TOR in a package staring with Smart? How many players and picks would need to be added?

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2022, 11:41:51 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237

Anyone care to render a guess on the cost of acquiring FVV from TOR in a package staring with Smart? How many players and picks would need to be added?

Siakam has been playing great as of late. His assist numbers have been impressive. Toronto would probably ask for JB if he is to be moved?

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2022, 11:58:06 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666

FVV was a guy I had my eye on earlier this season, but unfortunately I think the Raptors are playing too well to be sellers.  I doubt he's available. 

He'd be at the top of my list of PGs I'd love to get on this team though.  Whatever picks they need, I'd probably do it - and I've been vocally against going all in with this team otherwise.  I'd give up a lot to get him. 

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2022, 12:22:24 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton

FVV was a guy I had my eye on earlier this season, but unfortunately I think the Raptors are playing too well to be sellers.  I doubt he's available. 

He'd be at the top of my list of PGs I'd love to get on this team though.  Whatever picks they need, I'd probably do it - and I've been vocally against going all in with this team otherwise.  I'd give up a lot to get him.

Toronto is a shrewd team. I doubt Ujiri has any delusions about the Raps championship opportunity or window as currently constituted, considered there's not likely to be another Kahwi on the market anytime soon.

Might he sell high on FVV and Siakum (who I don't want) to adjust the window back a couple years under Barnes, OGA, and numerous new assets?

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2022, 12:50:18 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666

Toronto is a shrewd team. I doubt Ujiri has any delusions about the Raps championship opportunity or window as currently constituted, considered there's not likely to be another Kahwi on the market anytime soon.

Might he sell high on FVV and Siakum (who I don't want) to adjust the window back a couple years under Barnes, OGA, and numerous new assets?

Maybe.  I don't think most front offices have the same championship-or-bust mentality that fans do... not unless they're deep in the tax with a roster that they expect to contend, anyway.  A playoff run has a lot of value.

If they're really set on selling high on FVV, it would probably make more sense for them to do it in the offseason instead.  Jrue netted the Pelicans a heck of a package from a desperate Milwaukee team in the offseason, and FVV's situation would be very similar.  And that way they don't sacrifice a good season needlessly. 

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2022, 02:46:16 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
This works in trade machine but it is a three for one so not sure it really works unless the Sixers open some roster spots.

Simmons for Schroder, Smart and J. Rich.

The Sixers are really wasting a healthy year of Embiid.

« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2022, 02:50:37 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
This works in trade machine but it is a three for one so not sure it really works unless the Sixers open some roster spots.

Works for me. Smart's value is definitely on the up tick.  If he is going to be traded, now might be a good time.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2022, 04:21:51 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Works for me. Smart's value is definitely on the up tick.  If he is going to be traded, now might be a good time.

I think Boston does it but Philly says no.

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2022, 09:18:00 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
I wonder whether some version of the following could be done?

Cs trade: Smart, Richardson, Nesmith, 2 seconds
Cs receive: Brunson, Hield

Mavs trade: Brunson, Powell
Mavs receive: Smart, Len (or James), 2nd round pick

Kings trade: Hield, Len (or James)
Kings receive: Richardson, Powell, Nesmith, 2nd round pick

For this deal to work, the Kings have to see Nesmith as a talented player glued to the bench behind veterans (not a guy who can’t crack the rotation). I’m also presuming the Cs can get a top-half-of-the-2nd-round-pick for Schroder, then send it to the Kings in the deal at 2:59pm on Feb 10th.

I'd still really like this deal to happen before the deadline....

« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2022, 09:23:19 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

I think Boston does it but Philly says no.

I think Philly can do much better and my even wait out the season.

« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2022, 09:25:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

For this deal to work, the Kings have to see Nesmith as a talented player glued to the bench behind veterans (not a guy who can’t crack the rotation). I’m also presuming the Cs can get a top-half-of-the-2nd-round-pick for Schroder, then send it to the Kings in the deal at 2:59pm on Feb 10th.

I wouldn't.  Richardson has been solid on both ends of the floor for us this season.  Hield isn't of any use if he's not making shots. 

« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2022, 09:26:03 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

I don't think it would take much to get held.  Sac wants to dump his salary. 

Hield and bagley for AL and Dennis works.  Another deal would need to be made to get the cs under the tax line.