Author Topic: Celtics (16-17) at Timberwolves (15-17) Game #34 12/27/21  (Read 20893 times)

Re: Celtics (16-17) at Timberwolves (15-17) Game #34 12/27/21
« Reply #300 on: December 28, 2021, 05:32:40 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Kyrie  was right

Re: Celtics (16-17) at Timberwolves (15-17) Game #34 12/27/21
« Reply #301 on: December 28, 2021, 05:35:30 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Any body got the link to the positivity only thread

People get worked up after losses here  :laugh:

I missed this one, all they're showing here in LA are Fakers games but I guess by all accounts it was pretty bad. Another missed opportunity where we controlled the game but let it slip through lack of concentration and execution. This team really has some serious collective mental issues dating back a couple of years now. They really struggle to win these tight games or to hold on to leads. Either they make bad decisions in the clutch, or they execute poorly, or they don't trust each other...probably all of the above.

And they clearly didn't respect Minny, given how many players were out. There's too many of these games, where we play down to the level of the opposition. It makes me think there's too many players here who think they are better than they really are, just because they went to the Finals in 2018 and 2020 and to the semifinals in 2019. Too many who think they are secure. I think this team needs a jolt, they need the fear of God to be put in them, to be made a little uncomfortable.

But let's be honest, we all knew going into the season that they were going to be mediocre. As fans do we get lulled by the occasional sublime performance where it looks like we can hang with the big boys, like the game vs the Fakers or vs the Sixers or the earlier ones vs the Bucks...only to be brought down to earth. But let's be honest, this is who they are. They're a .500 team. They win one, they lose one. I've reset my expectations so I don't get as disappointed by these performances as I did earlier in the season.

Ime should forget about playoffs this year, if we scrape in we won't last long. The focus should be to get rid of all these bad habits and Brad should be prepared to offload the players who can't, or won't, improve. That's what keeps me tuning in right now, to see where Ime will take the team by the end of the year and if he has added any value at all for his entire year. We can cry about why it's yet another rebuilding year and that Wyc should do something but this is the reality of where we are right now. There's still value in observing the journey even if it seems like it's a journey to nowhere right now  :angel:

Was gonna say something similar in that thread. It's a bridge year for people to break bad habits, and for the Jay's to learn how to take it to the next level. And totally with you on the idea that no single game should matter given this.