Author Topic: Senate Excempt from the Jab  (Read 11063 times)

Re: Senate Excempt from the Jab
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2021, 05:47:56 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
It makes sense from a separation of powers standpoint.  This comes from an executive order, and the president cannot order Congress to comply.

Does it make sense from a logical standpoint.

Definition of Except  Adjective.  free from an obligation or liability imposed on others.

It depends on what you mean by logical. In some ways, no, it doesn't. But, as Roy and Sophomore have already said, this is kind of the point of separation of powers: the President can't directly compel the other branches to do what he says. This is, not-so-arguably, one of the core pillars of the American system.

I suspect, also, that if the president was able to institute a vaccine mandate for all members of the federal government many of the same people who are saying that these exemptions are bad would be saying that the mandate would be bad. So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2021, 12:47:22 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
It makes sense from a separation of powers standpoint.  This comes from an executive order, and the president cannot order Congress to comply.

Care to chime In on the CDC, FDA, and Chinese students.

The link you shared only talks about Congress, so I’m not sure where you’re getting the CDC or FDA numbers.  But there aren’t even 15,000 CDC employees to begin with, so that seems wrong on its face.

It is not wrong at its face.

of 2021, CDC staff numbered approximately 15,000 personnel (including 6,000 contractors and 840 United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2021, 12:59:31 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Care to chime In on the CDC, FDA, and Chinese students.

The link you shared only talks about Congress, so I’m not sure where you’re getting the CDC or FDA numbers.  But there aren’t even 15,000 CDC employees to begin with, so that seems wrong on its face.

It is not wrong at its face.

of 2021, CDC staff numbered approximately 15,000 personnel (including 6,000 contractors and 840 United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps

Fine.  There are nowhere near 8 million Chinese students in the US.  Not even 5% of that total.  And the point remains your link says zero about anything other than Congress.  The executive branch, which includes the CDC, requires all employees and contractors to get vaccinated, with only religious or medical exemptions allowed, and there is a process that does not in any way guarantee an exemption will be granted.

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2021, 01:11:07 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
This post is egregiously wrong. The CDC and FDA do indeed have vacvine mandates. All three vaccine makers have instituted vaccine mandates.

My suspicion is that this misinformation likely came from a widely circulating social media post on facebook that has since been removed as mis information. It listed all those companies and agencies as not having a mandate and framed it as proof the vacvine is "suspicious."

Of course its bull Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.. Seriously, it takes like 5 seconds to google this and find out it's wrong.

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2021, 01:41:13 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2021, 02:00:14 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/aug/27/facebook-posts/covid-19-vaccine-mandated-several-other-organizati/

Yep. You want proof that misinformation is actively harming the public discourse on covid (and other issues), well look no further than celticsstrong apparently.

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2021, 05:03:18 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The executive branch, which includes the CDC, requires all employees and contractors to get vaccinated, with only religious or medical exemptions allowed, and there is a process that does not in any way guarantee an exemption will be granted.

If it's mandatory for one person, then it should be mandatory for all save exemptions of the above natures  and natural immunity.  One would think Congress would want to set the example.   One of the things that irks me is that their allegedly not mandatory about the big pharma companies that make them or so I heard.

I thought the vaccines were the way out and getting a high number of people vaccinated was the only way to stop the virus.   At present, certain bodies and organizations seem exempt.   Why?   People who work in small companies less than 100 people don't have to get it.   Immigrants don't have to get it.   Does that make any sense to anyone?   I get the legal arguments but this is either the way out or it is not folks.  Something does not add up to me, either you go all in or you don't.   What we have now is a half measure.....

I was at a party this week, everyone was double vaccinated, and one of them had Covid.   All the double vaccinated people got it but those with natural immunity plus vaccine did not.   We were really close at table playing a game, for 5 hours.  It's been nine days and I have a few more until I am in the clear.   But what the heck?  No one appears to have a serious case that got it.   But isn't that generally true of people who get Covid in general almost 80% of cases were mild without the vaccine.   It does seem to help with death rates but is this vaccine or better knowledge of treatments?  I wish we had some hard data of this stuff but reliable data is hard to find.

I know some health care professionals being laid off because they won't the shot.   This to me makes little sense as well.   These people are the individuals who got us this far in terms of care.

Listen to your doctor and make whatever, choice is best for you and your family.

We all know people who have died too young and you just can never tell.

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2021, 06:28:31 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
The executive branch, which includes the CDC, requires all employees and contractors to get vaccinated, with only religious or medical exemptions allowed, and there is a process that does not in any way guarantee an exemption will be granted.

If it's mandatory for one person, then it should be mandatory for all save exemptions of the above natures  and natural immunity.  One would think Congress would want to set the example.   One of the things that irks me is that their allegedly not mandatory about the big pharma companies that make them or so I heard.

I thought the vaccines were the way out and getting a high number of people vaccinated was the only way to stop the virus.   At present, certain bodies and organizations seem exempt.   Why?   People who work in small companies less than 100 people don't have to get it.   Immigrants don't have to get it.   Does that make any sense to anyone?   I get the legal arguments but this is either the way out or it is not folks.  Something does not add up to me, either you go all in or you don't.   What we have now is a half measure.....

I was at a party this week, everyone was double vaccinated, and one of them had Covid.   All the double vaccinated people got it but those with natural immunity plus vaccine did not.   We were really close at table playing a game, for 5 hours.  It's been nine days and I have a few more until I am in the clear.   But what the heck?  No one appears to have a serious case that got it.   But isn't that generally true of people who get Covid in general almost 80% of cases were mild without the vaccine.   It does seem to help with death rates but is this vaccine or better knowledge of treatments?  I wish we had some hard data of this stuff but reliable data is hard to find.

I know some health care professionals being laid off because they won't the shot.   This to me makes little sense as well.   These people are the individuals who got us this far in terms of care.

Listen to your doctor and make whatever, choice is best for you and your family.

We all know people who have died too young and you just can never tell.

Something doesn't add up indeed. Senator Rand Paul was arguing for 100 million Americans that have caught it and recovered from it. Saying it should be they're choice.

Especially the hospital workers that caught it recovered.  Now they will get fired for not taking the jab?